Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2005, 10:56   #16

Re: oz Pic.

I am unable to view any of these pictures. All I have is the frame. Can anyone tell me why that is please? I do not usually have problems seeing pictures.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2005, 15:03   #17
Beacon of light

Here are a few more of my Oz Pics.

This picture was taken from the AMP Tower........you can see some reflection on the glass (bottom left corner)

These guys live on eucalyptus leaves which is why the sleep so much......eucalyptus has a soporific effect.......he was just snatching 40 winks.

This Fountain can be seen at King's Cross........a very er.......interesting part of the city

This is another picture taken from the vantage point of the AMP Tower.......it allows you to see all the little islands and inlets that make up Sydney Harbour......some of them are very exclusive.

This is the beach at Noosa heads........when I feel really hacked off with things I get out this picture and it all comes back to me.......the soft sand, the warm sun, the cold beer......aaaah heaven

Last edited by Len; 27-04-2005 at 16:58. Reason: fixing.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 15:25   #18
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Oooh, some great pics there, I want to go. Suppose I'd better start saving up.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 15:35   #19
Beacon of light

Get Sparks to have a look Lettie......he might want to go with you.
Old 27-04-2005, 18:47   #20
Len
God Member

Quote:
Len.......I printed out your intsructions and they are simple......but then so am I......hehehe.
Hi Margaret.

Great photos, I’m glad you found my instructions helpful. I know they aren’t perfect but I try. Hehe
The sizes of your photos that you have put into your posts are fine (500-550 pixels wide) because any wider, in my thinking anyone with a screen resolution set at 800*600 ( I bet there are still quite a lot of people with their screen res’ set at this) will probably have their pages forced much wider, wider than normal and then they will be asking, why are my pages wider than normal. hehe We have had similar problems with members Signature widths.

You can upload larger images than 550 pixels wide as long as you don't put them in your posts just leave them in attachments box because when people click on the image in the attachment box the image opens in a new window and there isn’t a problem with that.

K.S.H suggests that they are never to big, which is true but when uploading images to message boards we have to consider the amount of web space that these large files take up. Ok if it’s a special photo or something but for general purposes, better to keep file size down. Trouble is with these threads that contain members photos is that they usually melt away amongst all the other threads and all the hard work that members have put into sorting their photos will then disappear and rarely be seen again.

This is why we have the Gallery. Anyone who registers to the Gallery can add their own albums to it.
This way all the photos will be together and they will be much easier to find in the future. At the moment each registered member has a quota of around 5000kb of space, which means they can upload about 50 photos with a file size of about 100kb and you could double that to around 100 photos if you half the file size(kb).
Any questions about the Gallery please post in here and we will do our best to answer them.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/t...o-gallery.html

Donate to Accyweb here:

Last edited by Len; 28-04-2005 at 20:34.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2005, 19:49   #21
Beacon of light

Oh...... that is a much better idea.......I will have a go at doing it that way
Thanks for the advice Len......you're a star!
Old 27-04-2005, 21:06   #22
Beacon of light

Pics are now in the Gallery......after much faffing about!
Old 27-04-2005, 21:20   #23
Beacon of light

Len.......now, you know I'm thick don't you?????.......well how do you just leave the pics in the attachments box......please make your answer VERY simple because I am a bear of little brain.
Old 27-04-2005, 21:42   #24
Len
God Member

Nice-one Margaret that didn’t take you long, putting your photos into the Gallery.

This is the link to your album.
http://gallery.accyweb.com/thumbnails.php?album=54

To leaving your pic’s in the attachment box just do what I have done, see below, Attached Thumbnails.
You have already done it apart from you also posted your pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbbbbbbbbb.jpg (119.2 KB, 13 views)
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 11:38   #25
Senior Member+

Nice photo's margaret.
Old 28-04-2005, 19:23   #26
Beacon of light

Thanks Janet........When life is getting a bit tedious, or I have the wanderlust on me but no £££££s....... I take a look at them. They cheer me up.
Old 28-04-2005, 19:31   #27
Beacon of light

Thanks for the info Len.........

Yipeeeee..........! it works........Oh I wish I'd known that before. That is what I wanted to do in the first place........couldn't understand why the big pics kept on coming up........see I told you I was a numpty of the first order........DOH!
First pic is Bonegilla Homestead....the home of my niece.
Second pic is sunrise in Cairns.
Third pic is Moody Melbourne......it is Winter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003.5.6 sunrise.jpg smaller.jpg (46.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 2003.19.6 Moody Melbourne.jpg smaller.jpg (58.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Bonegilla Homestead.jpg smaller.jpg (109.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 28-04-2005 at 19:38.
Old 28-04-2005, 20:20   #28
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: oz Pic.

I am impressed with the photos, Margret; especially the first one of the beach at Port Douglas in Queensland.
Have you been taking lessons from Colin Prior?

I also like the way that KSH has tweaked the photo to lighten the shade in the foreground. That is the beauty of digital photography; providing you are in the right place to take a photo, and frame it well, the colours and saturation etc can be modified to your liking later.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 20:43   #29
Beacon of light

Oooh Sparks........you are making me blush.........you are too kind.
My Dad was a semi professional photographer...... so maybe I have unconsciously picked up some of his habits.............of course he had nothing like the digital cameras we have today. I'm not sure if my Dad would have approved of the digital revolution........I still have a couple of his old 35mm cameras......but I like the digital camera.......can't stand waiting to get pics developed.
Yes K.S.H made a very good job of that pic......and I know you can tweak the pics but all of the pics I have put up are as they were taken......except of course I have adjusted the size.

I'm glad you think they are worth the sweating I did to get them up on here!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..