Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2006, 17:09   #61
God Member

Re: Photo Competition 1

Mine was took in my garden last year with my mobile phone.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2006, 17:34   #62
Beacon of light

I haven't cheated either......all my own work......and submitted two pics with descriptions.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 18:25   #63
Len
God Member

No..... I think it's KSH.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 18:54   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
No..... I think it's KSH.
LOL, just reading down this thread and thinking - when I have finished reading this I will post to say mine aren't fake as I seem about the only one who hasn't, then come to the last post and what do I get - "No..... I think it's KSH."
Well to put things straight, they are both my own work, one is still on the camera and the other is on the pc with all the exif data there for all to see - just ask if you want to see it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 19:46   #65
God Member

I haven't said owt about mine either but as youy can see from the exif its mine!

Not that I would want to cast any asperations because I don't but lets be honest I could put any picture from anywhere on my camera. One thing that would puzzle me was if there was a picture was on my camera that didn't have any exif info in it. Now that would be strange and would certainly suggest that it wasn't taken on it(unless it was still in raw mode).

I would like to say though that like when I play pool and I accidentally catch a ball, I tell teh ref if they haven't seen it. I would rather lose honestly than win by cheating. If someone wishes to 'win' this minor competition, which was put together just for a laugh and a reason for us to get our cameras going, by cheating then good luck to them. I know conscience is something some aren't born with, I just know I am happy to live with mine.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2006, 21:02   #66
Senior Member+

I have really enjoyed this competition and agree that it is just for fun for everyone. I'm sure that we can all see the fakes and can choose not to vote for them.

I would hate for it to be cancelled because of 'naughty folks'. Lets just cart on and trust each other!

Hopefully, I'll wake up in the middle of the night with a subject for my next pic!!
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 00:10   #67
Len
God Member

Well........ if it’s time to come clean then I can also honestly say that my pictures are of my own, I know you wouldnt think so but it's true you can ask nette and I still have bagpuss here. hehe

Anyone else?

Old 25-03-2006, 00:11   #68
land of hope and glory

come on all you bull****ers, take them piccies off! simple really.just tell em! can we shorten the last posting of piccies,its a bit long we could do 2 a month and keep it exciting, sat around waiting for them all to put there entries in is getting boring people can see what we are trying to do so scrub the spuds and lets do it! YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT! simplicity easy as pie!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 11:09   #69
God Member

I agree it is dragging on a bit, would be better if more photo's were being uploaded, we will look into this for the next one, maybe 2 week for uploads and only a couple of days for the final vote.
Any suggestions welcome
How many images would you like to see per person?
How long do you think for uploads?
How long do you think for final vote?

www.ubuntu.com

Old 25-03-2006, 11:22   #70
Len
God Member

How about a limit for 5 entries per person. It would make the albums a lot more interesting to look at and if we get more folk taking part in the future we could then reduce the amount of entries at a later date.
Old 25-03-2006, 11:24   #71
God Member

Good point, anyone else? any ideas?

www.ubuntu.com

Old 26-03-2006, 04:34   #72
land of hope and glory

stick to two photos and and make it 2 weeks for the voting! then they can all get out and take there piccies and post! it doesnt take them that long to upload a piccie ?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 15:58   #73
God Member

maybe a week to upload a possible five pictures, then the best pics get put through to another round whereby the voting happens again taking more out ect! till then end where the best two are put up for voting! to decide the winner!
Old 30-03-2006, 10:40   #74
God Member

ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT TO UPLOAD YOUR IMAGES

www.ubuntu.com

Old 30-03-2006, 14:01   #75
Senior Member+

Just had a thought what if there is a tie situation?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..