Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2006, 08:09   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Photo Competition 12

Now we are back PLEASE VOTE !!You have till MONDAY thankyou all
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2006, 08:18   #17
mez
God Member

i voted before we had our glitch on site ........mick sir!!
Old 17-09-2006, 09:38   #18
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Now we are back I would like to ask a question when you vote what are you voting for?
1 A good picture.
2 A well taken picture.
3 A funny type picture.
4 A picture taken by a friend who's turn it is to win?

Just an observation that the winning photo is not 1,2 or 3 so it must be 4, no offence katex but imho there are some good pictures that have no votes.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 09:42   #19
Resting in Peace

well i just vote on the pic i like
i could take the names off all the pics then you would not know who it was that put it on but it would mean a lot of work as the system wont do it auto.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 09:51   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Now we are back I would like to ask a question when you vote what are you voting for?
1 A good picture.
2 A well taken picture.
3 A funny type picture.
4 A picture taken by a friend who's turn it is to win?

Just an observation that the winning photo is not 1,2 or 3 so it must be 4, no offence katex but imho there are some good pictures that have no votes.
Listen Bagpuss, as said on our temporary forum I would be the first to agree with you, and don't know one end of a camera from t'other .. just a cute little black number I point and press. I enter to boost up the numbers as lots of us do just vote with our hearts and one that pleases them.

I do myself 'cause I wouldn't recognise a good photograph if someone spent time with me pointing out the merits.

Don't think I haven't been more than embarassed every time I looked in and seen another vote ... think it is 'cause people are nostagic about the Dambusters or summat.

If it were judged on technicalities, then we would have to have a professional panel, wouldn't we ? Not many of us would enter either, knowing there are the likes of Kipax, K.S.H, Junetta,Margaret and others around who have digital equipment and a good eye for a photograph . rest wouldn't stand a chance... just fun anyway and keeps us chatting even though can be controversial sometimes..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 12:42   #21
Beacon of light

Katex....I am flattered to be in the same list as K.S.H. and Kipax...they are real photographers.....I just play at it. I think people will choose whatever picture takes their fancy.......and there is nothing wrong with that. I just wish more people would vote....you'd think it cost a quid to vote!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 18:16   #22
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Thank you for the responses it looks like we can just vote on the picture that takes our fancy, katex this time I was not being funny I just wanted to know how people voted and why.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 18:19   #23
God Member

Just vote on the image that you would like to see winning the competition, doesn't matter what you like about it, could be the set up, quality, humour anything.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 21:13   #24
Resident Waffler

I vote for the one I like best and it could be because it's of something I like or it could be because it's a pic I would have on the wall if it was mine, or because it makes me smile. Not one reason, nor the same reason each time.

I suppose it's like that old saying "I may not know much about art but I know what I like - or in this case photography"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 08:34   #25
mez
God Member

im with willow on this one ..i put my vote in even if i don't enter .i think its a worthwhile competition .....i now go around with my camera in my handbag ...just to take a photo of something that i think may be interesting to add to a competition ...if that catagory appears ....strewth what an interesting world through a lens .
Old 18-09-2006, 11:52   #26
God Member

I have voted and am quite happy to as there are some real corkers in there. I may not always have a photo to enter (shame on me) but enjoy seeing the handy work of other members and what they consider to be perfect for the comp.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 21:01   #27
God Member

Congrats Katex on winning this comp

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 21:06   #28
Len
God Member

Nice one Katex.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 22:08   #29
Senior Member+

Well done Katex

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 22:31   #30
God Member

I just picked which one i liked most. I like all the photos that go up and sometimes its hard to pick which one. When that happens i just close my eyes and move the mouse and click!

Congrats Katex.

By the way thanks for everyone who voted for mine - thats the most votes i got in the times i entered. I took that standing at my back door the sunset looked nice so i took a pic.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..