Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2007, 09:46   #1
Resting in Peace

Photo Competition 17

Right As it seams EVERYONE that voted wanted this starting again i have re opened the last comp that was not finished so we can carry on from there.
PHOTO COMPETITION
This is just a reminder of the Competition Rules.

Each competition will run for 2 weeks, 12 days for uploading photo's and a further 2 days which can be used for voting only
During the 12 days uploading time you will be able to vote and there will be an option to cancel your vote if you feel a better picture has been submitted.
After the 12 day upload period, voting only will be allowed for 2 days then voting will be stopped.
Anyone can vote, you don't have to enter the competition to be entitled to a vote but it is 1 vote per person
The winner will get to choose a theme for the next competition ( You won't need to do anything else, the moderators will create the folder to be uploaded too)
Voting ends at 10pm on the friday night, you have 36 hours to contact me with a theme (until 10am Sunday UK time) if I have not been contacted within this time the runner up will pick the theme.
In the event of a tie the person who chose the theme will decide on the winner
4 entrys are allowed per person
Any more than this will be removed, your 1st 4 uploads will stay - later ones will be removed
All images must be your own work, scanned, digital, phone, video stills are all allowed, please dont use images off the web or from mags as we dont want Accyweb getting into trouble for hosting copyright images. You will retain copyright of all your images.
Photo's altered with image editing software will be allowed

Please if there is a problem contact MICK not KSH as he is busy at the moment but will be back as soon as he can thankyou

The THEME is THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE
http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ry.php/cat/698
this is a link to the comp

So please start uploading your photos

Last edited by Mick; 04-07-2007 at 10:00.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-07-2007, 09:58   #2
God Member

Re: The Photo Competition !!

mine are in from last time but I might change a couple

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:05   #3
God Member

IMHO pictures should be submitted anonymously.. lets say whoever is currently upsetting everyone on accyweb uplaoded a perfect picture.,.. no one would vote for it.. not because of the picture at all..

Sorry just an observation and NOT a dig
Old 04-07-2007, 10:08   #4
Resting in Peace

Just A note as this comp is being started mid week to bring the dates back to the proper dates the actual closing dates for this competition ONLY will be closed for uploads on wednsday the 11th 10pm voting closes friday the 13th at 10pm this is a one off and we can then start a new comp on sunday the 15th.
sorry for any confusion
Old 04-07-2007, 10:09   #5
Resting in Peace

we cant do that kipax we allready looked into it there is a way but it would be hard work for me
Old 04-07-2007, 10:16   #6
Give, give, give member

I'm not being akward, honest.

I was just wondering, in this competition, 'the love of your life', if someone entered a photograph of their boy/girlfriend, what happens regarding model release consent, especially if they don't know their image is being used?

I've never thought about it before, as the majority of photographs were landscape.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:19   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'm not being akward, honest.

I was just wondering, in this competition, 'the love of your life', if someone entered a photograph of their boy/girlfriend, what happens regarding model release consent, especially if they don't know their image is being used?

I've never thought about it before, as the majority of photographs were landscape.
If it's a stupid question, and not relevant, please feel free to delete post. As I said, no intention of causing a problem, just curious.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:20   #8
Resting in Peace

They have to give there permission for it to be used anyway,
look this is just a bit of fun .
YOU are NOT going to win a world cruise
if your not sure of a photo dont put it on.

Last edited by Mick; 04-07-2007 at 10:23.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:23   #9
Resident Waffler

That's a thought worth thinking that I hadn't considered.

Kipax has a point about the anonymity angle with people taking the hump at each other. We could do with an independant collector who could then upload them all - but that person would know who they were all by of course and so may have to remain inelligible for voting.

I wouldn't mind offering to collect them and bung them on but I won't be here for a large lump of the summer so it would have to be from September onwards.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:47   #10
Beacon of light

I would hope that we all be mature enough not to let past arguments cloud our judgement, besides would it make a vast difference to the votes? Not many people vote anyway(well, in comparison to the numbers registered on here).......and it is the same few people who post pics AND vote.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:53   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If it's a stupid question, and not relevant, please feel free to delete post. As I said, no intention of causing a problem, just curious.
the only stupid question is an un-asked question.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:54   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I would hope that we all be mature enough not to let past arguments cloud our judgement, besides would it make a vast difference to the votes? Not many people vote anyway(well, in comparison to the numbers registered on here).......and it is the same few people who post pics AND vote.
You would hope wouldnt you... but back in the real world it would happen. we all know it...

End of the day its a bit of fun.. so not that important.. it was just a thought..But it is the reason i never enter... again thats my personal choice and absoloutly no way meant to knock anyhting... like i say.. its meant to be fun

Last edited by KIPAX; 04-07-2007 at 10:56.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:50   #13
God Member

Siobhan says "yes Daddy" which I took as model release, teh fact that I was holding a handfull of jelly beans at teh time had nowt to do with it at all

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:37   #14
Beacon of light

I think that might be construed as coercion

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 04-07-2007 at 12:40. Reason: Typo
Old 04-07-2007, 12:40   #15
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
You would hope wouldnt you... but back in the real world it would happen. we all know it...

End of the day its a bit of fun.. so not that important.. it was just a thought..But it is the reason i never enter... again thats my personal choice and absoloutly no way meant to knock anyhting... like i say.. its meant to be fun
I certainly would not let an argument on here, get in the way of the vote for a good (or what I thought was good) picture....and yes,it is supposed to be a bit of fun. As Mick says the prizes aren't exactly worth fighting over.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..