Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2008, 20:47   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Photo Competition 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass27 View Post
Awaits Mick's reply.... cos there might be soon lol
Don't you start madam !! ... nah, all this will be going over Mick's head I expect, unless he thinks 'tis serious enough to amend ... notice last sucking up sentence.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2008, 20:56   #32
Caz
God Member

Thought you only came out after dark???

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 21:00   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Don't you start madam !! ... nah, all this will be going over Mick's head I expect, unless he thinks 'tis serious enough to amend ... notice last sucking up sentence.

Am only a madam when it suits

Yes, I can imagine Mick rolling his eyes as he reads it
Just like most people probably will have
Old 27-09-2008, 21:10   #34
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazzer View Post
Thought you only came out after dark???
Oh yes, you can laugh, you try being a vampire in a town full of hoodies and see if you don't get a little nervous going around attending to your nightly chores!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 21:14   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh yes, you can laugh, you try being a vampire in a town full of hoodies and see if you don't get a little nervous going around attending to your nightly chores!
Getting harder, isn't it Less, alcohol content, drug content, HIV's ... no decent blood stock these days .
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 21:29   #36
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Not many hoodies carrying crucifixes or garlic Less! mind you, they may smell of garlic at 3 am in the morning.

Quote:
Getting harder, isn't it Less, alcohol content, drug content, HIV's ... no decent blood stock these days .

Ha Ha! Nice one Kate!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 06:24   #37
Resting in Peace

Here we go again
Look i have said this before the photo competitions are just a bit of fun we have had 52 photo competitions upto now without any problems, we have some basic rules and thats enough if the prize's where holidays or colour tv or a car then i would tighten the rules a lot more but its not its a bit of fun.
The basic idea behind the competitions was to get members out and about and get used to there cameras and software.
with a little prize at the end of it
so lets keep it that way please A BIT OF FUN
But if you want 3 pages of rules i am sure i can sort that out too
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 09:42   #38
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Photo Competition 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Jambutty, you are never lost for words, as the above post proves.
And as far as pointing out flaws in the rules...if you think the rules are flawed then you can locate a moderator and put it to them,(for the consideration of perhaps being changed) and also, if you think the rules are flawed...you need not enter the competition.
I don't particularly like the aspersions you cast over the members of this forum...we aren't all the same......you may not like some of us, but there is no need to lump us all in the same category.
Let me see if I have got this right.

If I point out a loophole in the rules that CAN be exploited it is deemed as me casting aspersions over the members of this forum, is not OK and you object to it.

Yet an avatar that that actually calls every person stupid because they cannot see a non-existent picture is defended by most, I’m told that I have no sense of humour because it was a joke, it is OK.

A severe case of double standards if ever there was one. But then that is the case from some forum members.

Pray tell me, how was I to find out about the loophole except by entering the competition?

I responded to an appeal asking for more people to join the photo competition, discovered the loophole and decided to bring it out into the open to see what other people’s views were.
Old 28-09-2008, 09:49   #39
God Member

The rules are in place for a fun competition on a local community forum, it's not the official secrets act that could be exploited
Old 28-09-2008, 09:51   #40
Beacon of light

Jambutty, you take the cake..you really do.
I bet you were what is the equivalent of a barrack room lawyer.
What I was pointing out was the way you have gone about pointing out what you see as a loophole in the rules.
You feel you can make snide and scathing comments about our(the forum members) integrity in voting....I find that offensive, because it isn't how I operate.
And yet you choose to judge me....and all the other members of the forum.
Yes...we do want members to participate in the competition, but not if they are going to question the motives of the participants and other members of the forum.

I'm sure my opinions do not matter one jot to you....a nd the fact that I feel offended by your attitude to my integrity...I'm sure will cause you no alarm either.
I think that if you feel so strongly about this competition then perhaps you shouldn't enter it...after all it isn't compulsory to enter...or for that matter, to vote.
This is my last word on this subject
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2008, 09:55   #41
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, at least it is getting our attention and may lift it from a down turn of interest. So come on folks, upload now, whether we vote with our heads or hearts gives us an entertainment over a couple of weeks.
Ooooer! It looks like I’ve been rumbled.

Stumbling on the loophole like I did gave me the opportunity to attract attention to the photo competitions. I knew that some people would not be able to resist the chance to put the boot in so the thread would become active. As I stated, one thing that I do know about - is people.

Mission accomplished!
Old 28-09-2008, 10:02   #42
God Member

If I saw a 'loophole' in any of the rules of this forum (not that I would search for them) then I would bring it to a mods attention in a discreet way via pm, not make sure that evrybody knows about it and could therefore (if they wanted) exploit it, I know a good few accywebbers personally now, and the winner of the last competition is one of my favourite accywebbers... but I didnt vote in that, simply because I was doing other things, had there been a general knowledge of this loophole, and it was being exploited, I think perhaps I may have heard about it. The 'stupid' avatar is also a bit of fun, and I, like many others here think jambutty needs to find something else to do than continually seeking to find fault with this forum and/or its members, for a start, I havnt been approached by anybody else on this forum seeking karma.. THAT is cheating, and cheap! I apologise for the thread wandering rant!
Old 28-09-2008, 10:28   #43
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Jambutty, you take the cake..you really do.
I bet you were what is the equivalent of a barrack room lawyer.
What I was pointing out was the way you have gone about pointing out what you see as a loophole in the rules.
You feel you can make snide and scathing comments about our(the forum members) integrity in voting....I find that offensive, because it isn't how I operate.
And yet you choose to judge me....and all the other members of the forum.
Yes...we do want members to participate in the competition, but not if they are going to question the motives of the participants and other members of the forum.

I'm sure my opinions do not matter one jot to you....a nd the fact that I feel offended by your attitude to my integrity...I'm sure will cause you no alarm either.
I think that if you feel so strongly about this competition then perhaps you shouldn't enter it...after all it isn't compulsory to enter...or for that matter, to vote.
This is my last word on this subject
Maybe but I don’t have double standards.

You would lose your bet.

As I stated before if I complain about snide comments being made about me those comments are meant as a joke and I should get a sense of humour and I have to accept it.

But when I SUGGEST that the current photo competition COULD be exploited it is wrong and people suddenly take umbrage.
Old 28-09-2008, 10:35   #44
God Member

That is because you tarred everybody with the same brush jim, you should have been more discreet! You will be attacked if you continually attack others and the forum in general, and especially the ones who work so hard to make it possible (or impossible for you to post on here), if there were to be a vote here to ask how many members would prefer you not to be allowed to post, I am certain the result, at present, would not be in your favour, I for one would vote against allowing some of your ridiculous rants, accusations and trivial snipes!
Old 28-09-2008, 10:47   #45
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

As one of accywebs latest hobbies seems to be search the rules to fit your annoyance, I thought I'd have a go.

Quote:
10: Please think when you post. Make sure what you write would be acceptable to forum members as a whole, and is not offensive. Reported posts will be deleted.
I know someone that breaks every part of this rule most times he/she posts.

a] he/she never seems to think.
b]what he/she writes is usually unacceptable to the members as a whole.
c] He/she is always offensive but claims someone else started it first.

Back on thread, will be uploading a piccy as soon as nursey allows me to stay up after dark.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..