Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2006, 10:31   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Photo Competition 7

Wow !! Can't believe that, feel a bit of a fraud really as am well aware that as far as photographic technical genious is concerned I am definitely lacking in that department. Some of the other photographs were wonderful, a level I could not hope to reach in a million years. Think a Carousel has wonderful childhood memories for most of us and quitely simplistic against all the exciting rides you get at Alton Towers, etc.

Out of interest, took this photo at the medieval town of Lucca, a beautiful walled city with no traffic .. only bikes allowed. This was a peaceful square, and as we sat at a local cafe imbibing our cappucino, the music from the Carousel was a pleasure to the ears. The Bourbon, Marie Louise, actually tore down lots of houses to make way for this square so that her people could congregate to meet socially .. all lovely stuff.

Will put up a new theme, not sure how it will be received, but we will see.
Must try and borrow my brother's old digital again for the next one.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-07-2006, 18:50   #47
Len
God Member

Well done Katex.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 21:32   #48
white rabbits

Got to admit that is one nice photo..
Old 02-07-2006, 23:54   #49
Senior Member+

Sounds like that could have been mine Grannyclaret and thank you for your vote.

I had fun doing it. The roses cost me 1.41 euros and I had the beauty of them for a week! I put a dress on a pile of cushions and placed the roses on the top.......natural light and I was quite pleased with it.

The new topic is a challenge and as our ancient Renault Clio is poorly sick, I'm having to think local.

Wish me luck x

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 00:03   #50
white rabbits

Yes i,ll wish you good luck Junetta..
The roses were beautiful.i think yellow ones are the nicest,, we call them tea roses ,but i dont know if thats the right name..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..