Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2009, 09:50   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Photo Competition 70

MICK !!! They aren't loading .. not too big I'm sure. Tried one at a time, but no luck ?? Any suggestions ???

It's dangerous Bernie I can tell you ... these kids know their rights these days.
Didn't have the courage to take one of the Forts (gang of Blackburn Rovers fans outside), and as I passed the Royal, sure someone was doing a dodgy deal on fags ... so didn't risk one there either.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2009, 09:59   #17
Resting in Peace

E-mail them to me and i will have a look for you
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 10:09   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Don't know whether I love or hate you Derek. Spent 3 hours today walking around Clayton looking for buildings .. now feel like I have got bricks in me feet ! Having said that, went down little lanes never visited before, and had a lovely chat to the lady who owned the refurbished barn, and the man that has the stables which were attached to Clayton Hall .. they are gorgeous. Trouble is lovely photos of these on the web-site which would outdo mine anyday.

Even noticed our new member 15 year old Nikiig has opened her own website with photos and are much better than mine of the building in Mercer Park .. sob, sob.

Tried to find some a little different, like the shelter in the park. Got accosted by a gang of teenagers who asked me why I was taking photos of them ... told them "not to flatter themselves" I'll get gobbed one of these days. LOL. Put a couple up, but will go out again.
You should have rang me Kate, I would have come along, I love cheeky kids, I also wonder what I was thinking spelling house (hows), am losing the plot, and still havnt got out to take any pics!
Old 25-05-2009, 10:25   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
E-mail them to me and i will have a look for you
Aaaw thanks Mick for your offer x.. had another look ... they were too big ... 3254 x 2448 and 24 MB approx !!! Don't know how that has happened .. will have to look at my camera, must have changed summat ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
You should have rang me Kate, I would have come along, I love cheeky kids, I also wonder what I was thinking spelling house (hows), am losing the plot, and still havnt got out to take any pics!
One of them lifted his t-shirt up Derek and showed me his bony little chest, (modern interpretation of flashing ?) told him to come back when he had eaten his Weetabix in the mornings and had a bit more meat on him ... am asking for it, aren't I ? Can't help it though ...
Old 25-05-2009, 10:37   #20
God Member

Think you did right Kate, they were probably surprised you didn't just scuttle off cheeky sods!!!!
Old 25-05-2009, 10:51   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Think you did right Kate, they were probably surprised you didn't just scuttle off cheeky sods!!!!
Have read the theory that if you walk tall and not stooped, then shows confidence and less likely to get mugged, etc., however ....wouldn't like to put it into practice too much ..

Haven't put this one up, but wondered if the council was using up that blue paint on the clinic, that they used on the building on Broadway ... yuk

clayton buildings 010.jpg
Old 29-05-2009, 05:15   #22
Resting in Peace

Uploads for this competition will close at about 10pm tonight
Old 29-05-2009, 19:06   #23
Resting in Peace

Have loaded a couple more but ... what I get angry about is that there are some lovely photos of our Hyndburn buildings in other sections ... come on you lot ... enter them. Junetta .... you are good at this ... let's see Tenerife, and Eric ! great buildings in Kingston ... come on, share them with us.
Old 29-05-2009, 19:14   #24
God Member

I didnt get out in the end, sorry about this, but it has been a tiresome week, Yvonne had an operation, some will have read about the bailiff in my thread, I made a member of staff redundant last week, and have put another 4 on short time, so time has not been on my side Im afraid, sorry for the thread wander, but will hopefully be able to post piccies in the next comp.
Old 29-05-2009, 21:07   #25
Resting in Peace

Right folks that's your lot uploads are now closed ........its now time to vote you have until sunday 10pm to do this good luck to all those that entered
Old 29-05-2009, 21:40   #26
Beacon of light

Have voted for my favourite.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 21:40   #27
God Member

Voted good luck everyone
Old 29-05-2009, 21:44   #28
God Member

I have voted, good luck all.
Old 30-05-2009, 10:28   #29
God Member

Have voted... good luck
Old 31-05-2009, 12:21   #30
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Anyway up Margaret?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..