Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2006, 17:17   #16
Len
God Member

Re: Photo Competition 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
So, if I get all my camera equipment out, set up the backdrop, lighting, put any props into place, set the aperture/focus/exposure on the camera, comb my own hair the sit in front of the camera and get my Grandson to press the shutter button is it his work?
My camera has a timer on it, so I can set the timer and run in front of the camera and take mi own pic.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2006, 17:20   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
My camera has a timer on it, so I can set the timer and run in front of the camera and take mi own pic.
I know, point is though you have done all the seting up etc, if someone else presses the button who's shot is it?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 18:22   #18
God Member

May I just add to teh discussion that in an earlier competition Lettie posted a picture that IIRC was 'of her' rather than 'by her' and was asked to remove it. However, in context, if anyone had mentioned it to Mez before the actual voting took place then I am sure she would have removed it. So whilst it does seem to have broken the rules 'slightly' no one pointed it out till it was too late. In a game of football, if the ref or linesmen don't see anything wrong then the goal stands irrelevant of whether it should. I think in this case we should persue this course, put it down as a 'ref/lineman' error and take note that if we want to comment on something being eligable then you need to do it BEFORE voting closes.

This of course is my 2P, yours may be a different shape/size/colour

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 19:58   #19
Senior Member+

If anyone had anything to say about the pictures entered then shouldn't they have said it before the voting ended.

I think it's a bit late once the voting has ended and the winner chosen.

Well done *****, it was a cracking picture.............It got my vote.

Last edited by Len; 14-08-2006 at 19:34.
buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 20:14   #20
God Member

Well done guys and gals, It wasn't as if it was for the town hall clock now was it.

Its petty crap like this that makes me wonder about society. What chance have we of attaining peace in teh middle east if a simple photo competition whose aim was to just have a laugh and get our cameras out causes this much ****.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 21:08   #21
God Member

don't you dare, you entered that competition in good faith, you didn't knowingly 'cheat' and it's not your fault, I pointed it out to khs that your pics were no taken by you and according to the rules were not allowed. My point being that photo's were removed before because these 'rules' were strictly adhered to and I haven't entered good pics because my ex took them. This was done as soon as they were posted, not after voting had started.
It's not you, it's changing rules to suit that I object to. You all either stick strictly to the rules or make them flexible.
I also kept it off the forum out of respect for you and your grand daugher who I imagined would have been proud of taking a winning photograph. I hope that she still is, and I hope you are for choosing to enter the photo. Please keep your entry in even if it's for her mez. It doesn't make the photo any less of a good photo

I also expect a private message to stay private, and I said don't bother replying because as far as I was concerned that was the end of it as you'd made your opinion on it quite clear. I don't have anything more to say on the matter.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 08:31   #22
God Member

Right now we seem to be getting a bit nearer to a soloution.
What do you suggest we put in the rules to stop this sort of thing happening again? you can't go adding "your work or any family members can you" after all "your work" really means you have not copied from a mag, stolen off the internet, got a pro to take it etc

www.ubuntu.com

Old 14-08-2006, 15:51   #23
God Member

Quote:
I didn't get one of you junetta, I would have replied if I had, I have had quite a few off madhatter stating the same thing and says he's not entering anymore comps cause of it.
Fair enough she didn't press the shutter button herself but it wasn't david bailey either was it
Who is to say that I press the shutter on mine, could be my Mrs sister brother or uncle couldn't it, same goes for anyone else.
Its only a small competition and started off just for the fun of it then we started with a small gift once every 6 week, I could understand if there was a prize to Australia for the winner.
I'm not gonna change anything, as far as I am concerned it doesn't matter but please remember, me and possibly you are liable to get this sort of thing if you don't press the shutter button yourself

Is it the mini tripod your frightened of not winning madhatter? let me know if it is i'll buy you one.
I've just noticed that. If you read your rules you don't win anything for winning. I couldn't care less about a mini tripod, I've got one thanks, and it's a decent one. I'm more likely to donate prizes than taking them.
Old 14-08-2006, 16:02   #24
God Member

Quote:
We now have some small prizes to be awarded, we won't be giving one away for every competition so what we will do is:-
Give 1 away for every 6 competitions, this will mean a prize will be given approx every 12 week.
I will put he 6 winning images into a thread with a poll on so people can vote for the one they like, it will run for 5 days then the poll will close, Mick is holding the prizes and will contact the winner with details of how they can collect it.
I will not be able to enter as I run the comp neither will any of the Accy moderators, this doesn't stop us entering the fortnightly comp - it just means if we happened to win one our entry wouldn't go into the prize draw, we would in that case enter the runner up from the week we won.
Prize you could win by entering this competition is a Mini tripod

Attachment 6299
It's here.........

www.ubuntu.com

Old 14-08-2006, 16:16   #25
I am Banned

I cant understand the fuss, ok it was not realised till competition had ended & as someone has quite rightly suggested that all comments & problems with entry should of been dealt with before announcement entrants must of been keeping an eye out for the competition so you could of queried that here beforehand not when its too late, so i cant understand why KSH is being blamed or persecuted for it, when he puts his time in to organise these comps.

Let the matter drop now & learn for next time - whats done is done, at the end of the day no-one died & its supposed to be a bit of fun.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 16:30   #26
God Member

Thats the winner of the final, not that competition, and as there were better pictures that won previous competitions I wouldn't have expected to win.
It was pointed out before uploading finished. I also said I had no more to say, then my pm's start appearing, upsetting the people who won.
Old 14-08-2006, 18:03   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
mad hatter .......may i inform you that YOUR PM'S did not upset me.........what has upset me is the thought of me cheating .i posted those pics in good faith .....cos my 18yr.old grandaughter ......whom has learning difficulties ..had managed to take such brilliant pictures ....thats the only reason im upset ...& im b****y glad the pic won!!!! ....... NOW PLEASE LETS LEAVE THIS ALONE .................................... after all its supposed to be a fun competition .........isn't it?
Here here *** Im glad you won it was certainly deserved & i think this credits your grandaughter too - awww she takes a good pic I dont think you broke any rule because its a family pic - not professional nor out of a mag, so between you & your grandaughter its your own work doing work hehehehehe I bet your grandaughter was very pleased & complimented that you chose to post it & even better deservedly won - so where the harm?!

Anyone would think there was a job at stake here??? PMSL!!

Last edited by Len; 15-08-2006 at 17:20.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..