Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2008, 11:04   #31
God Member

Re: Special Photo Competition (Macro)

Voted good luck everyone
Old 13-09-2008, 11:10   #32
Senior Member+

voted, good luck

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2008, 11:35   #33
Resting in Peace

Done it .. !

Great fun this one, and taught me something hadn't a clue about before (still haven't ... LOL).

Take a look all you 'non-voters' out there and just choose one that appeals to you ..no need to be a photographic expert to judge.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2008, 19:23   #34
Accy Goddess

Come on peeps get voted. It only takes a sec. Mick is getting fed up, for all his efforts not much notice seems to being taken.
We don't want the comp to be lost.
Your votes matter.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 11:05   #35
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device

I think the problem is that a lot of people don't even read the photo threads so asking them to vote in them is never going to work.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 11:08   #36
Resting in Peace

Perhaps we could have one of those pages when you log in asking you to vote and link to it ? Course would have to be option to just carry onto the forum in a normal way. Hope you understand what I mean, lots of forums do this type of thing.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 21:03   #37
Resting in Peace

Voting has now closed and the Winner of the MACRO photo competition is::

BAGPUSS

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hairy_One.JPG (43.1 KB, 25 views)
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 21:08   #38
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

What can I say, I’m utterly speechless to get so many votes and to think I always thought these competitions where fixed.
First of all can I thank my son Ben who is 8 for his brilliant camera work and allowing me to use this picture, secondly to all the members who voted for me especially one or two from the Stanley section, who judging by the comments know a thing or two about photography.
I’m sorry Willie Miller but if you want a copy it’s going to cost you because I’ve had an offer from an Art Gallery to put on an exhibition so it’s now copyrighted.
The model Mr Hairy One The Caterpillar was not easy to photograph as he kept moving and at one point threw a tantrum and leapt from the leaf, as you know caterpillars are very scarce so when he made his bid for freedom we knew the chance of finding a replacement was not an option. In the end everything came together to make the masterpiece that you my dear friends voted for, I thank you once again.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 21:24   #39
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device well done baggy n ben sounds like it was tricky business catching hairy, i was inspired by the pic i wonder if our resident frogs fancied a photo shoot but i wont risk being pee'd at again - dont ask frog rescue is a thank less task :*
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2008, 22:18   #40
God Member

Well done Bagpuss and son
Old 15-09-2008, 09:59   #41
Resident Waffler

Well done Bagpuss and Bagpuss junior.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..