Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos > User Photos
Donate! Join Today

User Photos Got any interesting pictures? If you want to share them with us then post them here. Holidays, friends, whatever...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2005, 20:04   #1
Beacon of light

Where do you think these pics were taken.....?

These photo's were taken last week.......where do you think they were taken.......?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bris2 0.jpg (32.3 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg bris3.jpg (31.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg bris4.jpg (26.8 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg bris6.jpg (30.8 KB, 92 views)
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2005, 23:14   #2
Member.

Re: Where do you think these pics were taken.....?

Oz, or maybe New Zealand?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2005, 00:23   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

somewhere in north america?
Old 29-05-2005, 19:41   #4
Beacon of light

They were actually taken in the City of Brisbane........one hour away from surfers paradise.

My sister lives in Bris and says it was a hailstorm like she has never seen before (and up until 3 years ago she lived at Ramsbottom)........she tells me the kids out there were trying to make snowballs out of the hailstones. The temperature dropped like a stone and she had to dig out some winceyette PJs........it IS Winter out there!
Old 30-05-2005, 09:26   #5
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Good grief!!!!! That's highly unusual weather for Brisbane, it's usually wall to wall sunshine even in winter, if the folks I've met from Brissy are to be believed.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2005, 13:54   #6
Beacon of light

You are dead right there lettie.......I have been in the winter and it was just like one of our decent summers, though we did get cool nights......all the better for sleeping. I have been in the Spring and Summer and it is HOT, HOT, HOT.

I can't believe so many hail stones!
Old 05-10-2005, 14:32   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
These photo's were taken last week.......where do you think they were taken.......?
hi, i dont think they are from the uk
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 19:29   #8
Beacon of light

Mal. they were taken in May in Brisbane. OK, I know that is Winter over there, but there were kids who tried to make snow balls and snow men........they had never ever seen anything like it. It wasn't actually snow......they were hail stones. Some of them were big enough to cause damage to the bodywork of cars. Very unusual weather for a part of Australia that is considered sub tropical.
Old 05-10-2005, 19:47   #9

Smile Re: Where do you think these pics were taken.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Mal. they were taken in May in Brisbane. OK, I know that is Winter over there, but there were kids who tried to make snow balls and snow men........they had never ever seen anything like it. It wasn't actually snow......they were hail stones. Some of them were big enough to cause damage to the bodywork of cars. Very unusual weather for a part of Australia that is considered sub tropical.
hi, i had heard about that its a wonder it dident flatten the kids
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 20:11   #10
white rabbits

iwas watching the cricket from australia this morning ,,the weather wasent so bright then,,
the players were wearing jumpers at one point ,which is unusual for ausie... i thought it was always georgeous there...
Old 05-10-2005, 21:16   #11
Beacon of light

Granny, the cricket is coming from Melbourne......and I know it is pretty hard to believe, but it can be very cold and wet......it is just Spring over there now......and sometimes their weather is very similar to ours. The difference is in summer when it can be very hot.

I have been to Oz every year for about the last 10 years, and our family out there have summer and winter clothes like us.

My sister lives in Brisbane.... hence the pics...... and she threw away all her winter stuff..... but she has had to go out and buy winceyette jimjams this winter (just gone). But their weather is warming up nicely now.....27degrees last weekend.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..