Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2005, 12:18   #1
Roy
Administrator

Accyweb Photo Gallery Information

Here are a few points about the new gallery.

Photo Size
The gallery will accept images straight from your digital camera, you don't have to resize them as the gallery will do this for you. However, if you do know how to resize your images then uploading will be much quicker if you make your photos smaller first. A good size for the gallery is about 640x480.
If you upload a large photo the gallery will automatically resize your photo to 2500x2500 or whatever aspect ratio is correct. It will also generate a reasonable size photo for viewing on the web.

Bulk Uploading
If you have a lot of photos to upload then you can put them all into a zip file and just upload that. The gallery will accept zip files upto a maximum of 50meg. Only ever attempt to upload 1 zip file at once.

Videos
The gallery does accept video clips. I do ask that you first of all make sure the video is optimized for the internet before uploading, if you don't know how to do this then please ask someone who does (I don't ) Only ever attempt to upload 1 video at a time.

Space Limits
You are allowed to use our gallery for your own photo albums, however we don't have unlimited space here at accyweb so the following limits have been set.
<5 Posts = 1meg
5-1000 Posts = 50meg
>1000 Posts = 100meg
Donater = 200meg
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2005, 14:44   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Accyweb Photo Gallery Information

Love the four featured photos at the top of the page, hopefully it will make people submit even more great piccies.

Bit worried about seeing some of them flash up again though.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 16:34   #3
mez
God Member

Red face Re: Accyweb Photo Gallery Information

im dreading the video clips, ooooooooo embarassing
Old 10-08-2005, 16:40   #4
land of hope and glory

does anyone know how to download vids from your mobile??? got a secret stash from the last meet.....he...hee
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 18:20   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
does anyone know how to download vids from your mobile??
I am interested in uploading mobile phone video's. I have one of a certain floppy fringed member of AccyWeb .
Old 10-08-2005, 18:28   #6
land of hope and glory

roy just an idea ! dont know if it would work but could you not register your server to a phone line and we send the data to the server and it brings it up on the computer?
Old 10-08-2005, 18:44   #7
land of hope and glory

roy dont know whats happening but when in the gallery,i tried to see someones comment and it kicked me of the internet so i tried again same thing happened again when i eventually clicked on the photo it let me in! clicked on summat else kicked me off???
Old 10-08-2005, 19:06   #8
Roy
Administrator

You need to tell me exactly what you clicked on... I can click on anything and it's fine, does anyone else have a problem?
Old 10-08-2005, 19:15   #9
land of hope and glory

Meeting. 25th June 2005 - Get-together
Saturday Night: Stag Pub. clicked the icon see readers comment the last was by harwood red, just did the same again this minute roy.this is on the front page roy didnt realise this was a link..lol

Last edited by staggeringman; 10-08-2005 at 19:19.
Old 10-08-2005, 19:20   #10
God Member

Works Ok for me

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 19:20   #11
Roy
Administrator

Everything is working for me. Is it the video you are trying to watch? Maybe there is a problem with your browser.. If your using IE then try firefox and vice versa.
Old 10-08-2005, 19:26   #12
land of hope and glory

when you go on to the first page. scroll down to meeting 25th june and harwood red was the last person to comment i pressed the icon read comment and was booted off again?
Old 10-08-2005, 19:33   #13
Roy
Administrator

yup, that takes you to the video. Must be a problem with your plugins in your browser. Try firefox if you are on IE now and vice versa.
Old 10-08-2005, 22:27   #14
God Member

Thats weird cos I haven't left a comment it says I've rated it 8 but I can't even watch it!!! have tried on media player and winamp and it just doesn't play even though I've saved the file. Any ideas??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 00:21   #15
land of hope and glory

have you a sister on hear?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..