Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2006, 14:56   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Uploading Pictures To The Gallery For Use On Site

Someone asked earlier today if they could load 'bigger' pictures to their posts?

By this it was meant instead of uploading the picture where a thumb nail has to be used to display the larger picture in a seperate window.

The simple answer is yes.

Before you do however make sure you've read this:-
Accyweb Photo Gallery Information

That information is over a year old now so with upgrades to the site and the server Roy may well alter some of those spec's, we'll see.

Heres how:-
Firstly go to the Gallery a link to it can be found at the top of any page.

Three buttons, My Photos · My Albums · My Favorites
Click My Albums

If the album you are going to use hasn't been created yet click Create a New Album

Give it a name, for example, My Pictures on site, then click create a new album.
After it has been created, under the column actions click upload photos.

The first thing on this page to change is Choose a category to upload your images to. I suggest you pick miscellaneous from the list.

The next box should already be set for the name you've chosen for this album.

So now you can upload your picture, Click Browse, (if you are uploading from your P.C.).

Go to where you have saved the picture on your P.C. select the picture, scroll down to upload/submit and the picture will be uploaded.

Right it looks more difficult written down than it really is but you will soon get the hang of it.

Now you want to use that image in a post don't you?
Easy peasy, all you have to do is right click on the image, scroll down to copy Image location, left click and the image is now ready to insert into your post.

Go to your post
Click on the insert image button, (if you're not sure which one it is just hover your mouse pointer on the symbols until it says 'insert image' then left click, a box will open, put your mouse pointer over it right click and then scroll down to paste and left click.
Click the OK button on the box.

Your image should now be in place

Last edited by Less; 28-09-2006 at 20:46.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2006, 16:09   #2
Len
God Member

Re: Uploading Pictures To The Gallery For Use On Site

Nice one Less, this may also help.

Click here

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 16:19   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
Nice one Less, this may also help.

Click here

Thanks Len I had thought you'd already done something along those lines, but I couldn't find it and yes I think

Click here

Will be helpful too, (but I'd have picked a better name for it).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2010, 19:05   #4
Senior Member+

Len and Less, HELP please. It all sounds so easy but I CANNOT get a photo to download. I followed both your instruction, with lens(to a post) it looked like I was downloading a whole file and it ran out of space or capacity or something. Following Less I created my own album, downloaded the photo(at least it said it was doing) but the album is still empty.
Is it the way I save my photos? on Picasa,My Docs and My Pics? Any ideas?
Thanks, Gordon
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2010, 19:41   #5
Beacon of light

Gordon, there is a bit of a glitch in the system at the moment......you probably got the message about the picture being too big.
I have not been able to upload to the competition this month or last month......I had to ask Mick to upload my pics.
I think Roy is going to try and have a look at the problem when he has a spare moment.
I hope this info helps.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 06:54   #6
Resting in Peace

There is a known glitch in the gallery software at the moment the site owner is aware of this and will be looking into it as soon as possible sorry for any inconvenience
if you make your photos about 1000x800 they do seam to go in ok
if your still having problems e-mail them to me and i will see if i can get them in for you this only applies to the photo competitions though
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 14:26   #7
Senior Member+

Margaret,Mick, thanks for that. Mick might have found my problem-picture size! I don't think it's the glitch in the system, it was the Hyndburn Park School photo I was trying to download and as I was failing miserably Barrie posted it and said how easy it was! I tried both on a post AND to the gallery, niether worked.A common problem with me and my computer! I'll try again when I've cooled down.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 15:41   #8
God Member

Just tried to upload the pics from the meet... didn't work, oh well
Old 31-10-2010, 21:09   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass View Post
Just tried to upload the pics from the meet... didn't work, oh well
Reduce the photo size or e-mail them to me and i will put them on for you
Old 17-12-2010, 20:12   #10
Senior Member+

I appear to be having problems uploading to this month's competition, the picture is only small as it was taken on a mobile

cheers
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2010, 20:20   #11
Senior Member+

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7680 bytes) in /home/accringt/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

this is the error message if it helps at all - i've also tried resizing and compressing the image but it's still the same

cheers
matt
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 14:12   #12

Thumbs down Re: Uploading Pictures To The Gallery For Use On Site

I have made several attempts to upload pictures and I repeatedly get the following error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9088 bytes) in /home/accringt/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

So, do we have a problem Houston?
Mikejoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 15:00   #13
Senior Member+

I have only ever been able to post a full size picture on this forum, I am not sure how to post the thumbnail thingy.
The way I do it is to upload my photos to the free site Photobucket, when I want to post a picture on a forum I find the picture I want on Photobucket and click and copy the image code under the photo. Then click and paste it where ever you want to place it in text you are posting.
I have hundreds of photos saved in Photobucket and use the above method on three other forums I use, mainly transport or engineering forums.

There are other similar sites to Photobucket which will do the same thing and are free, you are able to make different albums for each type of photos.
Old 14-07-2011, 19:01   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I have only ever been able to post a full size picture on this forum, I am not sure how to post the thumbnail thingy.
The way I do it is to upload my photos to the free site Photobucket, when I want to post a picture on a forum I find the picture I want on Photobucket and click and copy the image code under the photo. Then click and paste it where ever you want to place it in text you are posting.
I have hundreds of photos saved in Photobucket and use the above method on three other forums I use, mainly transport or engineering forums.

There are other similar sites to Photobucket which will do the same thing and are free, you are able to make different albums for each type of photos.
We don't really like this method and you might find your picture removed if you link it like that.
Old 15-07-2011, 04:38   #15
Resting in Peace

Just at the moment you cant upload photos to the gallery as there is a glitch in the forum software and we are waiting for Roy to sort it when he has a bit of spare time sorry
you can upload photos direct to posts in threads though

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..