Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2011, 14:58   #16

Re: Uploading Pictures To The Gallery For Use On Site

I appreciate you may not be in a position to say when the problem will be sorted but will there be an announcement to say when it has?
Mikejoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2011, 15:25   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
We don't really like this method and you might find your picture removed if you link it like that.
Now I am even more confused. If I click on the insert picture icon for a post it opens a box that requests the URL address. I can't change this to browse my hard drive for pictures so, how can it be incorrect to point to a photo storage site like Flickr or Photobucket as was suggested?
Old 15-07-2011, 19:19   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
We don't really like this method and you might find your picture removed if you link it like that.

OK Neil, pont taken, thanks for not removing the many others I have posted in that way.
Old 15-07-2011, 22:09   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejoed View Post
Now I am even more confused. If I click on the insert picture icon for a post it opens a box that requests the URL address. I can't change this to browse my hard drive for pictures so, how can it be incorrect to point to a photo storage site like Flickr or Photobucket as was suggested?
You have to click on "Go advanced" and then "Manage Attachments" then a window pops up and you can click "Browse" to see files on your PC. I guess you are trying to attach a picture from the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread.
Old 16-07-2011, 05:08   #20
Resting in Peace

Uploading Photos to the Gallery and uploading photos to posts are slightly different
have a look through this thread.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ples-4719.html
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 15:23   #21

Ok, how much longer is this problem going to remain unrectified?

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9088 bytes) in /home/accringt/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

And yet I am sure Wadey has managed to post more photos in the last few days.
Old 29-07-2011, 15:46   #22

. . . though I may be wrong about that

Squirrel_rubs.gif
Old 29-07-2011, 18:28   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
If your using photobucket, use the link provided on photobuckets site and copy from there the post (Paste) into your thred not using the inser picture button.
Old 29-07-2011, 21:04   #24

Quote:

As a member you have (not to sure) a amount of free disk space,you can add to your own personal gallery, then you add the links from that.
The Insert Image via "url" should be disabled if it isn't the way to post, as the reply from Neil to Gremlin stated
odders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 21:22   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9088 bytes) in /home/accringt/public_html/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

Never been a problem fer me, no idea how to do it, n no camera.
Old 30-07-2011, 10:14   #26

Quote:

No I have some photos to upload but it won't let me, the strange thing is it will let me attach them to posts but I prefer to put them in The Gallery
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2011, 11:34   #27
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
No I have some photos to upload but it won't let me, the strange thing is it will let me attach them to posts but I prefer to put them in The Gallery
The gallery is an add on to the forum software but attachments are part of the forum software which is why you can attach but not use the gallery.

I cant help any more on it sorry as I don't have the access rights to look into it
Old 02-08-2011, 15:16   #28

Thanks for that confirmation, Wadey. I wrongly thought you had posted photos in the gallery lately. Yes, I too am able to include a photo with a forum posting but not to the gallery.

Sorry, neil. I appreciate it's not your problem but wish whoever the responsibility does belong to would sort it. I've loads of photos to upload and miles behind Wadey and Co if I'm ever to catch you up!

Just invested in Nikon D3000 and what a contrast compared with tiny digital. So, I'm itching to start posting
Old 02-08-2011, 20:41   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no doubt he will given time, but roy works all oer the world n is a very busy lad,so yeh will have to suck it n see.
Old 13-08-2011, 14:38   #30

Thumbs down Re: Uploading Pictures To The Gallery For Use On Site

Sorry Guys but access rights should never be restricted to just one person. God forbid but what if owt happened to Roy - does the forum shut down?

On a forum like this there should always be a deputy or second key holder who has the authority or access to put things right when the boss is away. IMO

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..