Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-08-2007, 12:41   #46
God Member

Re: Partition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I don't...........There was a fellow member who was subjected to an attack by a bunch (If that's the right word) of other members who delight in making someone look silly.....this was my way rightly or wrongly to draw attention to that....again.

There's a button at the top right hand side of all posts. It's a red triangle with an exclamation mark in it and it's available for anyone to use. You don't even have to have been here for years to have priveleges to use it.
Old 15-08-2007, 12:48   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
attack by a bunch???

Eh so what has it do with a partition .....u want a boxing ring included sorry dont understand ya. Been a member here for a long time & the forum has always been a mix of differences & humour, seems to me the object of this thread is to cause more indifference to the forum that needs not extra attention but yet to cause more
Mel it was'nt so long ago that you felt obliged to leave the forum because someone had been nasty to you........I for one don't like to see this happen.

Dave........It does'nt offend me, so I see no need to hit the button.
There is a difference between offense and trying to right a wrong.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 12:51   #48
God Member

Quote:
Mel it was'nt so long ago that you felt obliged to leave the forum because someone had been nasty to you........I for one don't like to see this happen.

Dave........It does'nt offend me, so I see no need to hit the button.
There is a difference between offense and trying to right a wrong.
Am I to assume you are reffering to the bad karma thread ?
Old 15-08-2007, 12:58   #49
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
How wrong can you be.........not a prude but I feel the forum is going downhill fast.........that was a quote from Less not my words.
Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to bed now.......sleep well.
Quote:
as Less says 'I have worked hard to get Accyweb where it is today.

Was it an exact quote? I don't think so! I remember saying something along the lines of "we have worked hard, notice that is more of a 'collective, we are all in this together', than' I, me, myself, individual sort of statement which wouldn't imply teamwork from the administrator, moderators and we the grass-root members.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 13:01   #50
I am Banned

Quote:
Correction - i didnt leave because a nasty person - i have more backbone than that, i can deal with bullys, the truth is that quite a few of the newbies this year have spoilt the forum for their own end & that of others, they think they can rule the roost & over turn a whole forum by insulting & running this forum down which was totally spoiling it completely, causing a huge divide [as likes of threads like this is technically a them & us thing not saying u are personally doing as such] & systematically killing off the forum one by one with only one sole intention - to cure their own sad lives by feeding off fun by doing the above with regard for anyone else or the money invested in it ! Hope that clarified that

We have always had fun & banter on here, which could seem a cliquey but not the case at all, join in with it & you'll soon get the humour & way convo's goes, just unfortunately some take it upon themselves to rebel against this & wonder why many people will have THEIR own say on the matter, as they care about the members & the forum.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 13:24   #51
Give, give, give member

Quote:
other members who delight in making someone look silly.....

Some people manage that all by themselves, no help from anyone else is needed.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 13:28   #52
Give, give, give member

If I don't like a film I was watching, I walk out of the cinema.

If I was reading a book that disappointed, I'd put it back on the shelf.

If I was on an internet forum that I didn't like, I'd not bother going on it again.

What I wouldn't do is spend all my time friggin' moaning about it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 15:23   #53

As a new bee and only joining yesterday im quite perplexed to find that this is a problem. We all have people that we dont particulary like or get on with in life. We learn to live with them and to some extend get along. Why is that not the case here? Everyone has a different opinion if they didnt it would be boring!!
Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 15:28   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire Cal View Post
As a new bee and only joining yesterday im quite perplexed to find that this is a problem. We all have people that we dont particulary like or get on with in life. We learn to live with them and to some extend get along. Why is that not the case here? Everyone has a different opinion if they didnt it would be boring!!
Some members are just mischievous and like winding up others - just sit back and watch

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 15:30   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Some members are just mischievous and like winding up others - just sit back and watch
Yes last night was a good laugh!!!
Old 15-08-2007, 15:35   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
if only you knew claire,thats damn good advice.
Old 15-08-2007, 15:43   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Some people manage that all by themselves, no help from anyone else is needed.
Yes I'll go along with that...now...sit down, relax and reflect on how you can stop it and stop being a 'smart arse'

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 15:44   #58
God Member

Quote:

Does that really happen ?
Old 15-08-2007, 16:09   #59
God Member

Wink Re: Partition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Does that really happen ?
She knows you know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hylda Baker.jpg (4.7 KB, 1 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 16:59   #60
God Member

I do occasionally sit back and watch but get so wound up I jump in fists flying so to speak. Must learn to enhance my calm.

The only partition that is on here is that of personalities. Everyones personality has a part that can get one over on others so it has been from the start.

Slips away to find a book on meditation and anger management.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..