Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Do we need tapatalk?
Yes stay with tapatalk 1 10.00%
Remove tapatalk it's a right load of...garbage77se 9 90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2016, 17:29   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Tapatalk

Accyweb is connected to it, if on your phone you do a search for our site it insists on letting us know it's available.
I don't like it it has been harder and harder to use over the past year or so and we can have our regular format if we want.
So how about a referendum a simple in or out of tapatalk?
If you want it then we keep it if you don't want it we get Roy To remove it, (he's in the country at the moment best chance to get things done).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2016, 17:44   #2

Re: Tapatalk

Just a slight addition, if the vote goes one way or the other, it stands no regrets, no insisting that it was a protest vote, just accyweb displaying a democratic vote.
Old 03-07-2016, 18:11   #3
Senior Member+

Don't know anything about it, so don't use it, so don't need it.
Old 03-07-2016, 18:30   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Don't know anything about it, so don't use it, so don't need it.
Don't worry Barrie three days into the campaign I plan to send each member a P.M. that in no way will be prejudicial against remaining (at no expense to myself), then after a few rumblings that may cause the clique to back pedal a little, I will follow that with an absolutely useless P.M. putting forward both sides of a non argument.

If you do not get a P.M. from me within 14 days of the closing date please don't contact me just put it down to democracy in action.
Barrie Yates likes this.

Last edited by Less; 03-07-2016 at 18:38.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:12   #5
Senior Member+

I use Tapatalk a lot so have voted to keep it, looks like I`m in the minority though.
However, since you can`t vote in forum polls with Tapatalk, if the vote is to ditch it I`ll be claiming that the vote has been rigged.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:23   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I use Tapatalk a lot so have voted to keep it, looks like I`m in the minority though.
However, since you can`t vote in forum polls with Tapatalk, if the vote is to ditch it I`ll be claiming that the vote has been rigged.
There you are, proof that tapatalk is non democratic! Denying grassroot members of AccyWeb their democratic right to vote in the Referendum.

P.S. I got a message from one of our moderators, he would like to leave tapatalk never actually uses it, but, after a conversation with one of the Administrators he is voting to keep it.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:32   #7
Senior Member+

I find reading the forum on it easier than through the phones web browser, but it`s no big deal if it goes, i`ll just have to wait till I can get back to the computer.
Does it save the forum money by ditching it?
Old 04-07-2016, 08:38   #8

Quote:
Does it save the forum money by ditching it?
You don't suppose that I've looked into the technicalities do you? I'm just scaremongering, (get a politician to admit that if you can.).
Old 04-07-2016, 09:20   #9
Senior Member+

If it`s free why not just leave it as it is?
Why remove something that will mean members might visit the forum less often?
Old 04-07-2016, 09:38   #10

Quote:
If it`s free why not just leave it as it is?
Why remove something that will mean members might visit the forum less often?
Consider this thought, the thread just might have been started tongue in cheek, after all, if I don't like tapatalk all I have to do is uninstall it from my 'phone without affecting your wish to use it.
The only reason Roy should remove it would be if it interfered with the site and caused it to crash or was a security risk.

Plus, AccyWeb isn't a democracy, no matter how many vote one way or the other, it's unlikely to make any difference.

Sorry if you have been having uncomfortable moments because I started this thread, I just wanted to attempt a parallel to the Brexit fiasco.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:53   #11
Senior Member+

No need to apologise Less, I did check the section it was in and as it`s in the Feedback, Suggestions and Help, thought maybe it was a legit poll.
I can rest easy now.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:01   #12

Quote:
No need to apologise Less, I did check the section it was in and as it`s in the Feedback, Suggestions and Help, thought maybe it was a legit poll.
I can rest easy now.
Sometimes it's more fun to ignore anything goes, (Stand by for a slap on the wrists Less the mods haven't had this good a chance of reprimanding you in ages).

Though Roy has removed tapatalk from Landyzone, I haven't got around to asking him why yet.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:31   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
AccyWeb isn't a democracy, no matter how many vote one way or the other, it's unlikely to make any difference.

Sorry if you have been having uncomfortable moments because I started this thread, I just wanted to attempt a parallel to the Brexit fiasco.
I salute your bravery, currently people involved in polls seem to be getting a bad press. DC - gone. BJ - knifed. NF - resigned (probably, possibly, check history book in a few weeks). NG - the U turn to end all. I've even heard a reporter blaming the apparently hung results of the Austrailian election on the UK referendum. So who are you trying to confuse, the Americans, the Martians, the South Sea Islanders maybe?
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:44   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
I salute your bravery, currently people involved in polls seem to be getting a bad press. DC - gone. BJ - knifed. NF - resigned (probably, possibly, check history book in a few weeks). NG - the U turn to end all. I've even heard a reporter blaming the apparently hung results of the Austrailian election on the UK referendum. So who are you trying to confuse, the Americans, the Martians, the South Sea Islanders maybe?
Little green men, no, not Martians, the ones full of sour grapes that voted stay and immediately wanted to move the goal posts when they didn't like the results.

Old 04-07-2016, 11:49   #15

If I vote to remove it, will Boris Johnson become one of the moderators?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..