Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2020, 20:28   #16
Beacon of light

Re: help

Thank you Joaner...I did not know that.
I hope it is better than internet Explorer...it was dire.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2021, 20:17   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

microsoft edge is much better imho. i changed to it from firefox i sacked internet explorer long ago.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:27   #18
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Don't know if anyone can help on here. I've sent various messages to the Administrator but not had any replies. But the problem I have may be the reason why.

When I joined the Accyweb in 2009 I was in work and didn't have a computer at home so (naughty, naughty) used my work email address.
With that original set up address I was able to access the site when I picked up an old laptop for home use, and also carried it on when I got an iPad.

Recently, the iPad crashed (on the first day of this last lockdown ) but, when I finally got it back, I'd lost my connection to the Accyweb.
This old laptop I'm using now is getting more and more unstable, I suspect it will just collapse one day soon, so I prefer to use the iPad day to day.

The problem is this: I can't change my password because when I put in my current email address, it says it cannot be recognised. That's because the Accyweb is still recognising my previous work email which, since I retired, is now no longer functioning.

As I say, I've contacted the Administrator, explaining as best I can, but if he/she tries to contact me on my 'registered' (work) email, there'll be no reply because (like me at work) it's history.

Does anyone have any suggestions, other than I rejoin the Accyweb with a totally different user name and password? I suppose that might placate anyone I've upset over the past eleven years, but equally, it would be a shame to have to start again with the 'friends' on here.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Have you tried rejoining with new details and then contacting Administrator who may be able to transfer past history to your new ID?
Luckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..