Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2005, 17:46   #16
Len
God Member

Re: Power - Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph
All this power and karma stuff is really confusing to me yet everyone else seems to understand it perfectly!
Hi Steph

I hope this helps you.
I shall point you to another thread which explains what Karma is, as for Power it is explained in #2 post in this thread.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...11&postcount=5

Last edited by Len; 09-12-2007 at 21:06.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2005, 22:01   #17

Can I just say thank you, that helped a lot
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 22:05   #18
God Member

can anyone tell me when I can start deciding how much karma to give as it doesn't give me the option it just lets me give or take away not by how much!!! I feel awful when someone gives me like 8 karma but when I give some it only gives 2. I have quite a few posts under my belt so not quite sure what else I can do????

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 22:12   #19
Member.

Don’t worry about it Harwood, Keep posting and you’ll catch up soon enough…..If you look at you little box you will seen Karma and Power, the first is self explanatory, the Power is what you can give or take away……..The more Threads you create and posts you maker the higher your power goes. You will also get more power as you Karma increases “I think” I stand to be corrected by those that know better, but if it helps……….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 22:16   #20
God Member

well I can't do anything about how long I've been on here, ,but I suppose I can post more and be extra nice to try to earn karma off the wonderful people on here, in other words...................

nice people please give me some karma so that in return I can give more karma out!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 30-07-2005, 08:52   #21
Len
God Member

As Doug say, just keep posting and the power will increase.

Donate to Accyweb here:
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 16:53   #22
God Member

Sorry to drag this up again but what does it mean when karma that's been given to you has a blue box next to it instead of green?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 16:57   #23
Senior Member+

isnt that when they didnt have any karma to give? you have to reach a certain amount before you can give karma?? I may be wrong tho

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 20:25   #24
Resident Waffler

Yes, it's been given (or taken even) by someone who has no rep power and doesn't affect your total.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 00:53   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
well I can't do anything about how long I've been on here, ,but I suppose I can post more and be extra nice to try to earn karma off the wonderful people on here, in other words...................

nice people please give me some karma so that in return I can give more karma out!!!!
looks like its same as lager red, you never have enough.
Old 17-02-2008, 11:47   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
looks like its same as lager red, you never have enough.
crikey that you have quoted of mine was from over 2 years ago!!!!!!!!!!

Old 17-02-2008, 12:35   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You've got to admit Red cashy is quick on the uptake
Old 17-02-2008, 13:23   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
yeh well i only just started speaking to ya.
Old 25-09-2008, 21:24   #29
Full Member+

There is so much to learn about how this forum thing operates that it makes me so mad that I want to swear and I will be penalised if I do and then I will be banned and then I will have to pretend I am someone else and then I am lying and I don't like liars so that will make me even madder and want to swear more but that means I will be penalised even more which will make me swear even more and then I will be hated even more and like everyone else I just want to be liked by the entire membership and ................... ooh, I have just received some Karma, not a clue what it is but let's do a google
Quote:
The korma (sometimes spelt kormaa, qorma, khorma, or kurma) is a mild, pale, creamy, curry dish originating in India and can be made with yoghurt, cream, nut and seed pastes or coconut milk. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian kormas exist.
That doesn't make sense, why would someone send me a mild curry

I want a strong curry because mild curry makes me so mad that I want to swear at the next person who rings me trying to sell me double glazing or a holiday or .................. wait a minute - I spy with my little eye - something beginning with 'T'

Ahh typo!
Not 'Korma' you grett nit wit, 'Karma'

isn't google great!

Quote:
The philosophical explanation of karma can differ slightly between traditions, but the general concept is basically the same. Through the law of karma, the effects of all deeds actively create past, present, and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to him/her and others. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well.
I am calm now and I think that Karma is something good so that makes me even calmer and I am feeling sleepy so this forum stuff will have to wait till tomorrow when I can concentrate.

Quote:
It's been a long day and teddy is tired
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 21:30   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

when john lennon recorded " Instant Karma"s gonna get you, don't think he meant a kisser full of mild curry.

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..