Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2003, 09:39   #1

Post F.A.O Harry

Not a member on Stanley site, so have a look at this and care to comment, I was under the impression all tickets for Hudds were in Cow Shed and had no seats?

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=910&p=16&style=1&forum Id=3121&action=1&replytoid=2132192443
Old 04-11-2003, 09:43   #2

Post Re: F.A.O Harry

Also seen this Harry

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=910&p=16&style=1&forum Id=3121&action=1&replytoid=2132193509

Are the club not vetting anyone, I play football as you know in Sunday league and one of the lads got our tickets went to ticket office asked for 20 and got them all, what stopping these coming over and purchasing them, are they not asking any questions? Asking for trouble if you ask me
Old 04-11-2003, 10:05   #3
I am Banned

If you look furthur down those boards you will see posts from me.. so Yes seen them

Yes HTFC fans have been buying tickets..it was inevitable and TBH I would have done the same... Yes the club ask questions but what questions can you ask to be sure everyone in the hyndburn or lancashire area will know?

Ask the postcode and they can soon get that.

The club have said they will eject any HTFC fans found in the ground...

For the record.. the club wanted to give HTFC the coppice end and over 800 tickets but security and police told them no. It probably wont be a sell out.. the club would prefer 800 HTFC fans.. Shrewsbury brought a thousand+.. we play Hereford on the Tuesday after the cup game and they have a worse reputation.. But nothing special for them

But the club have to do what the police say and having been advised that HTFC have had hooligan trouble of late they decided least tickets is best

It is a recipie for trouble but not of the clubs doing.
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 10:10   #4

Recipe for disater your spot on there, I was talking to a friend from Huddersfield who said they have a big hooligan reputation and they will travel with tickets or no tickets, and even if they stand in our end they will, whats the score about policing the game on Sunday, will there be a big police presence or will it be the normal stewards who cant sort anything out, add the game is live on tv as well, doesnt look to good from were I am sat.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:22   #5
I am Banned

Accy have stewards which are as you say a bit of a waste for the most part.. But as they are unpaid volunteers then its hard to criticize (free entry to the ground and a cup of tea aint payment in my book)

Theres also paid security and they do less than the stewards.. in fact there a joke.. half of em lok like they wuld snap if you tripped over them and the other half ar so fat the struggle to walk around the ground let alone run to trouble.

Yes there will be a good police presence. The club arn't daft.. they know HTFC have tickets and they will endevour to find and eject them and keep there money

If it isn't a full house then heard them together and stick them in the coppice end would be a good idea IMHO

Lets not take things out of proportion.. theres isnt going to be gangs of HTFC hooligans roaming around.. there will be HTFC fans scattered about but on a normal matchday there are always apposing fans about.. in the seats etc.. its a common thing and never any trouble..

Old 04-11-2003, 10:28   #6
Roy
Administrator

are you sure they aren't paid harry?  I used to ball boy for Accy Stanley about 12-13 years ago, and even we where paid  - £1.50 + free entry + free travel on the away coach.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 10:29   #7
Roy
Administrator

well, maybe more like 15-16 years ago, I'm not quite sure!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 10:46   #8
I am Banned

Yes I am sure.. .. Oh ye of little faith unless the stewards I speak to are all lying gits

I ahve no idea if ball boys are paid.. But stewards arn't.... the chief steward who looks after them all I believe gets a tenner a game
Old 05-11-2003, 09:55   #9
adi

I was in the Abbey pub on Monday night and the Landlady asked us what time we would be in Sunday for Food after our morning football game.

I said we would be in a 12.30pm as usual and enquired why, she then told me that the Police have told all the Town Centre Pubs to lock there doors from about 12.45pm onwards because they are expecting anything up to 2000 Huddersfield fans to travel without tickets!!

They are probably just playing safe, but to advise the town centres pubs to 'lock their doors' when they are happy with the people they have in does have a sobering thought.

adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 10:05   #10
God Member

..smells like trouble...
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 10:05   #11
I am Banned

Oh dear.. talk about over reaction.. Take a look at there messageboards.. They lost 2-0 at bottom club carlisle last night and even fans with tickets are saying they wont go and offering them for sale. theres little or no interest from huddersfield fans...

Yes they sold there allocation and yes some die hard fans who dont wanna miss the real thing will be there...

But close the doors 2 thousand are coming is nothing short of a joke. 150 went to carlisle..

Old 05-11-2003, 10:11   #12
God Member

Did you go to Northfleet on saturday?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 10:28   #13
I am Banned

duh
Old 05-11-2003, 10:30   #14
adi

totally agree Harry.

can see the Police stopping all leave and there being a massive Police presence in and around the centre and for what? a couple of dozen fans who have travelled without a ticket and so wanted to catch the game in the nearest pub!!

speaking of the Huddersfield fans, ive been to the McAlpine twice to watch the Rovers in action and both times we arrived a few hours early and drank in the Gas Club (just outside the ground) with their fans and had a great laugh.

They where pleasant and made the trip's alot more enjoyable - i seriously cant see there being any trouble in the Town Centre at all.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 10:34   #15

I can

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..