Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2003, 09:35   #16
I am Banned

Post Re: F.A.O Harry

Bit of overtime for doing nowt I suppose..

Why would they suggest closing pubs 15 minutes before the game starts.. Yet the Crown which backs onto the ground and has a big screen for watching the game has got a licence to open from 11am and any dumb copper with a computer can see huddersfield fans are arranging to meet in there... I am hoping to have a pint with them and the same level of banter we have with all away fans in there on a saturday ..
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2003, 09:37   #17
God Member

It's just that when I popped into the "Coopers Arms" at the top of the hill the locals there were somewhat amused that some Accy fan had been playing on the bandit and had left £55 quids worth of credit....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 09:49   #18
I am Banned

It wasnt a one armed bandit.. If you look closely at the picture it was a spot the mistake machine and showed naked women or summat.. theres a pic of two accy fans using it on my site... There was 10 quids worth of credit in it when we walked in and 50 quids worth when we walked out... no accy fan put a single penny into it

The people who run the pub should maybe take a look at the money in the machine.. they may find everyone has been using it and not paying... it must be broke.

Also if you where at gravesend then you know I was without asking
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 12:58   #19
God Member

Sorry Harry - I neither looked at the "bandit" while in the pub (they are of no interest to me) nor at your website....I was more concerned with finishing my pint and a quick natter with the locals and that is what they told me.

Congratulations on your website, by the way - it's very good. Some great piccy's. I've just looked at it for the first time.

As there only appeared to be one guy at the game walking round taking piccy's then I assume that's you - but I did'nt know that when I asked the question earlier. It's years since I've been to a footy game, even more to see Stanley so I don't know who is who among the local crowd. It was a nice afternoon out, anyway.

You did'nt get me in any  of the pictures - cheers!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..