Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2009, 13:22   #16
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
So I take it you disagree with Ferguson's quote of "We were the better team" then? Shows he's on a different planet....
Must be a blood brother of Peter Britcliffe then as both talk utter drivel.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-03-2009, 20:07   #17
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I hadn't heard or read that quote.
He told Sky: “It is a hard one to take because I thought, we were the better team and the score does not reflect that.”

Hold on - who was it that was supposed to be cracking up?

The better team lost 4-1? Even Jose Mourinho wouldn’t try to claim the best team lost when he’s on the wrong end of that kind of scoreline.

Mr Ferguson kiss my arse.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 15-03-2009, 20:22   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

that comment of fergies is one of the reasons most neutrals despise Man Utd.
Old 16-03-2009, 09:36   #19
Resting in Peace

Remember that old Corporal Jones saying, "they don't like it up um Captain Mainwaring" seems its applicable in this case, Fergie's latest rant is he's complaining about the the kick off time and blaming Sky for the defeat, and it looked like the fans decided to get a head start back down to Surrey and Essex, with ten minutes to go the only people left in the Theatre of Merchandising were a bunch of singing Scousers
Old 16-03-2009, 09:37   #20
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Bet Bagpuss is legless this afternoon

Quote:
I'm here. An uncharacteristically poor display by United in general and Vidic in particular, though he should never have been sent off. For once the penalty awarded to Gerrard was the correct decision, must be the first time in a long while he hasn't dived. A minor blip, who's going lift the Premiership trophy though, Bagpuss?
Vidic was the last defender and he committed a professional foul, and that means a red card.
Old 16-03-2009, 09:43   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Vidic was the last defender and he committed a professional foul, and that means a red card.
You forget JB they play Fergie rules at the Theatre of Merchandising, so therefore it should not have been a Red Card, the only exception is if it happens at the other end
Old 16-03-2009, 12:18   #22
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You forget JB they play Fergie rules at the Theatre of Merchandising, so therefore it should not have been a Red Card, the only exception is if it happens at the other end
What people who complain that the away team doesn’t get a fair deal at Old Trafford forget is that what the spectator sees either live or on TV is that they do not see the incident from the perspective of the referee at the time of the incident. They may get to see TV replays but by then the ref has had to make a decision. Even then we do not get to see exactly what the ref saw because we are not looking through his eyes. We and the TV pundits just assume what the ref saw.

People are jealous of Fergie’s success much as they were jealous of Liverpool’s success in days gone by.

The top dog is always a target for the knockers and there are always plenty of them but it’s all driven by jealousy.

On the day Man U were below par and paid the price. But it does give a bit of false hope to the chasing pack.
Old 16-03-2009, 14:32   #23
God Member

Quote:
What people who complain that the away team doesn’t get a fair deal at Old Trafford forget is that what the spectator sees either live or on TV is that they do not see the incident from the perspective of the referee at the time of the incident. They may get to see TV replays but by then the ref has had to make a decision. Even then we do not get to see exactly what the ref saw because we are not looking through his eyes. We and the TV pundits just assume what the ref saw.
We all accept the fact that referees are fallable human beings and that a margin of error must be accounted for. However, the trends regarding decisions against Manchester United at Old Trafford are staggering, and to deny any correlation to United's status as a massive team with massive influence on the Premier League is silly.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 15:00   #24
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
We all accept the fact that referees are fallable human beings and that a margin of error must be accounted for. However, the trends regarding decisions against Manchester United at Old Trafford are staggering, and to deny any correlation to United's status as a massive team with massive influence on the Premier League is silly.
So what you are saying is that the referees are crooked. That would be classed as libel.

Could it be that teams coming to Man U are so unsure of being able to get a result, they resort to cheating and trying to con the referee and the ref sees through their subterfuge?
Old 16-03-2009, 15:08   #25
Accy Red

Quote:
they resort to cheating and trying to con the referee
Ronaldo, nuff said.
Attached Images
File Type: gif ronaldo.gif (126.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Bagpuss; 16-03-2009 at 15:13.
Old 16-03-2009, 15:45   #26
God Member

Gerrard, nuff said.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 16:05   #27
God Member

Quote:
So what you are saying is that the referees are crooked.
Not at all. In my opinion the officials who have helped to create such staggering trends buck under the pressure of big games. You don't get bigger games in English domestic football than those at Old Trafford.
I think the fans get to referees, as do big characters on the field (Roy Keane being a major perpetrator of the past) and off (Ferguson & Co.'s touchline antics).
To send off Vidic and give a penalty against United took a level-head and a massive pair. Fair play to whoever the ref was.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 16:36   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Not at all. In my opinion the officials who have helped to create such staggering trends buck under the pressure of big games. You don't get bigger games in English domestic football than those at Old Trafford.
I think the fans get to referees, as do big characters on the field (Roy Keane being a major perpetrator of the past) and off (Ferguson & Co.'s touchline antics).
To send off Vidic and give a penalty against United took a level-head and a massive pair. Fair play to whoever the ref was.
The Ref was Alan Wiley shaker, he had a number of crucial decisions to make on Saturday and got them all spot on, if only every Ref did that, but unfortunately some are intimidated by the atmosphere and bottle it, Howard Webb was a prime example only a fortnight ago
Old 16-03-2009, 17:04   #29
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Ronaldo, nuff said.
Ronaldo is just the tip of the football league iceberg.

All teams have their cheats. Some are good at it and some like Pederson for Rovers last Saturday needs lessons from Gerrard as that video shows quite clearly.
Old 16-03-2009, 17:08   #30
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Gerrard, nuff said.

You can’t argue with that.

Tried to give you some Karma but I’ve given one lot today and the system won’t allow me to give some more until tomorrow some time.

Tags
karma kids

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..