Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 17:17   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah its a dose of honesty.
Rightly expected you to post on Jay's behalf, at least it won't be dyslexic when you and G do.

I expect Jay to be doing a lap of celebration around the lounge on his scooter after today's result - a cracking goal.

Stanley probably got the worst possible opening match. It often happens that the promoted teams in all the leagues seem to get away with a flyer - probably because they play a different style and unsettle the opposition.

Waiting patiently (I lie) for next Sunday to see how Moyes puts it together for his first competitive match, we might get some idea of his mindset then
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2013, 17:21   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hey twas a cracker, just watched match on internet.
Old 10-08-2013, 19:15   #18
Senior Member+

The season already under way, a mixed start for Stanley, but at least a fantastic win, let's hope they can now kick on for the rest of the season. Rovers - as expected I suppose, but never mind, there is a full season before Division 1. Burnley doing better than the Deadwoods.
I heard that the scouse rubbish collectors were on strike - reckoned there was so much rubbish on the field at Anfield they might as well follow the trend in the city streets. Of course the papers and TV are full of the Vampire transfer saga - where will it end, but there is a rumour that many clubs are substituting oak for plastic for the corner flag poles.
Should get some idea of La Creme's chances tomorrow, they have been crap so far but he has played just about everyone - I even thought the tea lady had played in one game. Will Jay's Fatboy go or stay. Can't see him going to Chelsea before the end of the window so the season will be 8 or so matches old before he gets match fit enough to play, and there is no sign of anyone else - PSG, Monaco et al coming in for him.

Only time will tell
Old 10-08-2013, 22:55   #19

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
The season already under way, a mixed start for Stanley, but at least a fantastic win, let's hope they can now kick on for the rest of the season. Rovers - as expected I suppose, but never mind, there is a full season before Division 1. Burnley doing better than the Deadwoods.
I heard that the scouse rubbish collectors were on strike - reckoned there was so much rubbish on the field at Anfield they might as well follow the trend in the city streets. Of course the papers and TV are full of the Vampire transfer saga - where will it end, but there is a rumour that many clubs are substituting oak for plastic for the corner flag poles.
Should get some idea of La Creme's chances tomorrow, they have been crap so far but he has played just about everyone - I even thought the tea lady had played in one game. Will Jay's Fatboy go or stay. Can't see him going to Chelsea before the end of the window so the season will be 8 or so matches old before he gets match fit enough to play, and there is no sign of anyone else - PSG, Monaco et al coming in for him.

Only time will tell
I'll have a gallon of what you're drinking please :P
Old 11-08-2013, 00:15   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
I'll have a gallon of what you're drinking please :P
Pay for it yourself - 15 year old Glen Morange
Old 11-08-2013, 08:24   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Only time will tell
I heard Liverpool had got rid of most of its rubbish and dumped it on Old Trafford
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:25   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Pay for it yourself - 15 year old Glen Morange
A bit more class than the team you support
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:25   #23
Senior Member+

Someone must have hacked into Jays computer - or DinG was absolutely spot on with his forecast that Jay would do a U-turn and be back on this thread with his rabid ramblings Nostradamus watch out, you have serious competition from the new mystic DinG
Old 11-08-2013, 19:54   #24
God Member

Is it my imagination or does it seem as if the Premier League is being run by the WWE Seems to me, admitedly in the land where hockey is king, that the Premier League is the worst thing that has happened to English football ... a few folks make millions of bucks, and the fans get the shaft.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 20:05   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Is it my imagination or does it seem as if the Premier League is being run by the WWE Seems to me, admitedly in the land where hockey is king, that the Premier League is the worst thing that has happened to English football ... a few folks make millions of bucks, and the fans get the shaft.
Stick to your Ice Hockey and Lacrosse
Eric likes this.
Old 11-08-2013, 20:20   #26
God Member

Quote:
Stick to your Ice Hockey and Lacrosse
Still better than watching a league where they should hand out Oscars instead of golden boots and silver jock straps.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 22:04   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yer imagining nowt Eric, The Premier League along wi Sky are the worst things that happened to our game imho.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:15   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Still better than watching a league where they should hand out Oscars instead of golden boots and silver jock straps.
Don't your top Ice Hockey teams play in a foreign league? Seem to remember that the salaries in American sport are far higher than in the English Football Leagues
Old 12-08-2013, 09:23   #29
Senior Member+

A great win by Stanley - and it was shown on Sky. I think there is need for them to keep it on the ground more than the hopeful long ball, when they did keep it down they showed some real promise.

Pity the same can't be said for the Deadwoods - maybe next year we will get a real local derby - Stanley v Deadwoods, that will be worth seeing.

As expected at the Community Shield, some nice football from both sides although Wigan didn't make many chances. Still hoping that La Crème strengthen the mid field. Even though Jay isn't going to contribute to this thread I wonder who his slagging target is going to be this season now that SAF has gone and his "Fatboy" could be on his way
Old 12-08-2013, 10:52   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The community shield???? Both sides were sod all special.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..