Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2013, 10:06   #196
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
lets remember you have the Chosen one
Aye, chosen by Fergie! All those folk that said he was a miserable git with no sense of humour, seems they were quite wrong, appears he's caused some chuckling now.
Old 19-11-2013, 17:42   #197
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aye, chosen by Fergie! All those folk that said he was a miserable git with no sense of humour, seems they were quite wrong, appears he's caused some chuckling now.
Your hibernation must have been disturbed, go back to sleep, the scousers don't get beat until next weekend
Old 19-11-2013, 18:15   #198
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
the scousers don't get beat until next weekend
You wish!
Old 20-11-2013, 05:29   #199
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
You wish!
I believe in Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy too
Old 20-11-2013, 08:34   #200
JFT96

I would if I were you Barrie,

Out of interest:
11 Games in Last Season,
Mancs 27 Points, only lost 2, Top of table
Liverpool 12 Points, lost 3, 13th in table.

Now,
Liverpool 23 Points, only lost 2, 2nd in table
Mancs, 20 Points, lost 3, 5th in table.

This weekend could be interesting, we have a tough derby with those from across the way, while the Mancs, have a really easy game against newly promoted Cardiff, although it is a away game.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 18:14   #201
JFT96

Quote:
Your hibernation must have been disturbed, go back to sleep, the scousers don't get beat until next weekend
Never mind Barrie,
Good result, for Cardiff anyway.....

Old 25-11-2013, 07:19   #202
JFT96

Barrie,

You realize that this is the same team with the addition of the great Fellaini and Lionel Januzaj Zidane to the first team pretty much and you guys haven't been in the top 4 once this season and its a third of the way through the season...the same side that won the league with games to spare last season.

United have been one of the poorest sides to watch in the league this season, there's no 2 ways about it. Sure your points tally is still decent enough and you still might nick a CL spot, but really, for a side that are defending champions, its grim.

Talk about slipping standards. Even your 2 big game results this season came when you guys played awful, awful football (vs us in the cup and Arsenal) and scored from set pieces and defended with 10 men behind the ball for a half hour against Arsenal.

Your manager sits on 1 goal leads against the likes of Cardiff...and you now lost points at the death. Trademark New United, that, spirit of champions!

Yeah, that's the great Manchester United of the last 2 decades isn't it?

Still your n

Old 25-11-2013, 07:20   #203
JFT96

Barrie,

You realize that this is the same team with the addition of the great Fellaini and Lionel Januzaj Zidane to the first team pretty much and you guys haven't been in the top 4 once this season and its a third of the way through the season...the same side that won the league with games to spare last season.

United have been one of the poorest sides to watch in the league this season, there's no 2 ways about it. Sure your points tally is still decent enough and you still might nick a CL spot, but really, for a side that are defending champions, its grim.

Talk about slipping standards. Even your 2 big game results this season came when you guys played awful, awful football (vs us in the cup and Arsenal) and scored from set pieces and defended with 10 men behind the ball for a half hour against Arsenal.

Your manager sits on 1 goal leads against the likes of Cardiff...and you now lost points at the death. Yeah, that's the great Manchester United of the last 2 decades isn't it?

Still your now only 1 point behind......Southampton

Old 25-11-2013, 07:32   #204
JFT96

David Moyes, The gift that keeps giving

Old 26-11-2013, 08:56   #205
Senior Member+

A fantastic weekend for some. A really good result for Stanley, especially coming back from an early goal down. Let us hope that the results continue for them.
A great day for the deadwoods and for the scousers - they didn't get beat.
But a crap day for La Crème - we didn't win, but there again we didn't lose and still only 3 points behind the scousers, which, with the team selections he keeps coming up with is quite an achievement. Thankfully Butthead won't be playing tomorrow.
Cannot understand why he keeps picking him - he strolls about, misplaces his passes, doesn't even contest simple headers. Still, we are close on Dodgy's tail, what excuses does he have I wonder?
As for the deadwoods, slumping further down the league, increasing the gap to Burnley, still a chance that we could see Stanley v deadwoods next season.
Old 26-11-2013, 11:54   #206
JFT96

It may well be 3 points, but it will grow. It is hard to believe this is the same side thatcwon the league last year with ease.
You have the CL this week, Fergies Legacy to you, you need to beat Sami's Leverkusen to be safe, of course if Donetsk, horrid place took Arsenal there in 2010, win then you really are in danger of dropping out at group stage.
If so I suspect RVP and Rooney, will be looking for a new year exit in the next transfer window.

As long as we keep playing the way we are and I don't see any major problems there, we will keep hold of Luis, the lure of a SIXTH CL is starting to look good again.
You have 20 titles, I really think your not going to increase thst soon, on the otherhand we are only 2 off regaining our rightful title of being Englands most successful football club.

Old 27-11-2013, 21:04   #207
Senior Member+

Well, what an evening the record away win in the CL and against the team that is second in the Bundesliga.
So in his first season Moyes has taken La Crème to the last 16 in the CL I note that Rodger the Dodger hasn’t achieved anything like that– how many years has he been there?
How much longer will his lack of success, nay, even progress, be tolerated by Enery
Keep the faith chaps, you might yet make the Europa League next season, not much else you are capable of aiming for
Old 28-11-2013, 08:24   #208
JFT96

Quote:
Well, what an evening the record away win in the CL and against the team that is second in the Bundesliga.
So in his first season Moyes has taken La Crème to the last 16 in the CL I note that Rodger the Dodger hasn’t achieved anything like that– how many years has he been there?
How much longer will his lack of success, nay, even progress, be tolerated by Enery
Keep the faith chaps, you might yet make the Europa League next season, not much else you are capable of aiming for
As I said, Fergies Legacy, lets see how he gets on next year

So currently:
12 Games in Last Season,
Mancs 27 Points, Won 9, Drawn 0, Lost 3, Second in table, 1 point behind leaders
Liverpool 15 Points, Won 3, Drawn 6 lost 3, 11th in table.

Now,
Liverpool 24 Points, Won 7, Drawn 3, Lost 2, 2nd in table, 4 points behind leaders
Mancs, 21 Points, Won 6 Drawn 3, Lost 3, 6th in table.

I am very very glad Man U, Man City and Chelsea are into the last 16, more pressure on them. Europa League.... just look at the numbers Barrie, the way your lot are doing I expect they will win every cup on Earth by Christmas

Old 28-11-2013, 17:23   #209
Senior Member+

[QUOTE= I expect they will win every cup on Earth by Christmas[/QUOTE]

Now that will be a miracle - typical of the crap you consistently come out with
I am quite happy to be where we are at this time, still in contention for everything, only 3 points behind the scousers and your Beano man - we were 8 points behind at one stage
We probably won't win the league, NN are my guess for that but damned sure we will be ahead of your lot once again
But what about Stanley - back to back wins, definitely look to be on a roll, let's hope that can keep going like this - Stanley v Deadwoods next season?
Old 29-11-2013, 07:15   #210
JFT96

Just winding you mancs up.
After all you have David Moyes as your manager.
You really have dropped expectations, finishibg above us.... My oh my the old mancs would want the league at least.

We will see Barrie, We will see

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 29-11-2013 at 07:21.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..