Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2013, 09:07   #271
JFT96

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
You scousers need to win tomorrow - we are hauling you back at quite a reasonable rate, if we carry on like this you will soon be trailing in our dust again, but of course that will be nothing new to you
:
Not if you keep playing like that......
Still you got the points with out RVP, Rooney lucky for you you had Wellbeck to save your skins, hope he does not get injured.
You know this time last year 'La Creme' were 21 points in front of Liverpool, the same team with a few minor adjustments, you must be loving this Barrie.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2013, 16:24   #272
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Not if you keep playing like that......
Still you got the points with out RVP, Rooney lucky for you you had Wellbeck to save your skins, hope he does not get injured.
You know this time last year 'La Creme' were 21 points in front of Liverpool, the same team with a few minor adjustments, you must be loving this Barrie.
Oh dear, I am somewhat surprised that Dodger isn't claiming that the ref coming from south of the Watford Gap was biased Never mind, you are still 2 points and one place ahead of us - how the situation can change in just a few weeks - even Everton are doing better. Must be worrying for you with Everton ahead of you and La Crème creeping up on you. Of course you have an easy match this week whereas ours is going to be very difficult
Stanley were a bit unlucky but another game without losing, just a few more sterling efforts and they can be well clear of the relegation zone
Deadwoods are maintaining there form, constantly failing to even achieve
the low standards they appear to have set themselves
Old 30-12-2013, 17:32   #273
JFT96

Quote:
Oh dear, I am somewhat surprised that Dodger isn't claiming that the ref coming from south of the Watford Gap was biased Never mind, you are still 2 points and one place ahead of us - how the situation can change in just a few weeks - even Everton are doing better. Must be worrying for you with Everton ahead of you and La Crème creeping up on you. Of course you have an easy match this week whereas ours is going to be very difficult
Seeing we have just had two of the hardest fixtures of our season and we are still ahead of you I am rather happy. Hull should cause no problems at home, although they won away......
Tottenham should be a walk in the park, you getting your excuses in early Barrie, if our team can score 5 against them, surely the Champions can at least do that.

Old 31-12-2013, 09:19   #274
Senior Member+

Quote:
Seeing we have just had two of the hardest fixtures of our season and we are still ahead of you I am rather happy. Hull should cause no problems at home, although they won away......
Tottenham should be a walk in the park, you getting your excuses in early Barrie, if our team can score 5 against them, surely the Champions can at least do that.
Not long since you were crowing how far ahead of us you were, how times have changed in such a short period
Old 31-12-2013, 09:39   #275
JFT96

Quote:
Not long since you were crowing how far ahead of us you were, how times have changed in such a short period
Seeing you were 1st and 21 Points in front of us 30/12/12, shows how well we have done and how the mighty have fallen, isn't this the same side that walked the League last year??????
Apart from a new Manager 'The Chosen One' you have had very small changes, so why oh why are you still behind us after we have had two of the toughest fixtures of the year??????
Seeing you lost 4-1 to City and have yet to play Chelsea away, I would wait before you start shouting how great you are.
By the way, we are still in front of you

Old 31-12-2013, 10:17   #276
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
By the way, we are still in front of you
And that's what counts in my book!

Happy New year folks! (Even the Mankies, gawd, we're generous souls us Scousers)

Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 31-12-2013, 10:41   #277
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

Happy New year folks! (Even the Mankies, gawd, we're generous souls us Scousers)

Absolutely, happy New Year everyone and no hard feelings Barrie.
DaveinGermany likes this.

Old 31-12-2013, 14:57   #278
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

For how long?

Best wishes to all
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 31-12-2013, 15:31   #279
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
For how long?l
Long enough for it to matter mate, as long as you're chuntering!
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 31-12-2013, 15:58   #280
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Barrie is a damn good bloke, but everybodys got faults. no-ones perfect apart from me.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 31-12-2013, 16:14   #281
JFT96

Quote:
For how long?

Best wishes to all
until your 21 points in front of us, if ever.....

Old 01-01-2014, 10:12   #282
Senior Member+

Quote:
until your 21 points in front of us, if ever.....
I don't care how many points we are ahead of your lot, one will suit me but hopefully there will be the normal substantive gap
Old 01-01-2014, 19:34   #283
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I don't care how many points we are ahead of your lot, one will suit me but hopefully there will be the normal substantive gap
Oops Gaps just increased again.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 01-01-2014, 19:43   #284
JFT96

Quote:
Never mind, you are still 2 points and one place ahead of us - how the situation can change in just a few weeks - even Everton are doing better. Must be worrying for you with Everton ahead of you and La Crème creeping up on you. Of course you have an easy match this week whereas ours is going to be very difficult
5 Points now Barrie, not so much Theatre of Dreams, more like Theatre of Screams. Even with 6 added minutes of Moyesy time you could not do it.
At least you don't need to play Tottenham again this season, you drew away and lost at home. So if that was a tough game, Swansea at home this week must be even worse, followed by a really tough game in the League Cup (also known as the Mickey Mouse cup) to Sunderland away, the yet again Swansea at home, wow what a week you will be having. At least you get 2 chances to beat Swansea and you are still in the Mickey Mouse cup.
Still its transfer window time, maybe you can get some more class players from Everton to shore up the leeks.

Old 01-01-2014, 19:44   #285
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oops Gaps just increased again.
Never

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..