Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2014, 15:32   #1
Senior Member+

Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

As Mancie still doesn’t appear to be around on here I thought I would start the usual thread under his name again as we have all had much amusement from it in the past – and the Scousers are still chasing a title – their first Premiership
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2014, 15:36   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Oh dear, what a shame but never mind it was only a pre-season “friendly”
I think it is so very unfair that Johnson is being given so much stick for being outclassed by one of our dummies. As I am sure that, along with lots of other La Crème supporters, Jammy Dodger should persevere with him, certainly until we have played in the league.
Really grateful that Jammy Dodger has passed on some of his knowledge and experience – can anyone remind me of what experience he has and what he has won?
Is this going to be the season when the scousers finally win the league, or are they going to manage to screw it again – can it really be a quarter of a century since they have been English champions?
La crème? – still work in progress but encouraging signs, far better pre-season than last year, should be interesting to see what develops over the next 4 weeks.
Can Burnley manage a successful season? It would be nice to get back to the numbers that I can just about remember when we (Lancashire), had almost double figures in the First Division – September Saturdays at Bloomfield Rd and then the Tower or the Winter Gardens before the ride home on the Passion Wagon were wonderful days.
Are the deadwoods going to survive another season or are they intent on meeting Stanley in League One?
Are Stanley going to consolidate on last season and be in the push for promotion – what a wonderful achievement if they manage it, here’s hoping they do.
What will be, will be – I am sure there will be enjoyment for some and sadness for others – as usual.
Old 06-08-2014, 17:49   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

2 posts & a sneaky gloat already eh Bazza? Let's see what happens when it really counts, bring it on 2014 -15! Let the games begin!
Old 06-08-2014, 23:35   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
2 posts & a sneaky gloat already eh Bazza? Let's see what happens when it really counts, bring it on 2014 -15! Let the games begin!
No gloating DinG, could be that the Jammy Dodger uses all his experience and know how to find a replacement for Hannibal and end 25 years of misery. To be honest I thought the Scousers played well against us - well, sort of seeing that we are at the start of the bath - tub curve this year
Old 07-08-2014, 05:05   #5
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

After initial doubts about our Bren when he first started at the "Pool", I do believe he's grown into the position & the Anfield mindset. Suarez is now history, he did his bit (good & bad) for us & now a new season & chapter is in the offing. Like I say, lets wait & see what happens when it matters.

Looking forward to a good season & plenty of banter with the Mankies & others.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:13   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
After initial doubts about our Bren when he first started at the "Pool", I do believe he's grown into the position & the Anfield mindset. Suarez is now history, he did his bit (good & bad) for us & now a new season & chapter is in the offing. Like I say, lets wait & see what happens when it matters.

Looking forward to a good season & plenty of banter with the Mankies & others.
The only reason yeh can have plenty of banter,is the fact most Mankies don't come from Manchester.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 16-08-2014, 13:47   #7
JFT96

Van Gaal, record breaker.
Two records broken.
It's been 42 years since Man U lost their first game of the season.
And the First time Swansea have won at Old Trafford
Genius
Eric and Alan Varrechia like this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 16-08-2014 at 13:49.
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 17:05   #8
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Van Gaal, record breaker.
Two records broken.
It's been 42 years since Man U lost their first game of the season.
And the First time Swansea have won at Old Trafford
Genius
I think I remember Chelsea beating them first game of the season in Jose's first game, Villa too with that overused Hanson quote, probably quite a few more I reckon in the last 42 years.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 23:35   #9

Not so much the theatre of dreams as the comedy club......
Boeing Guy and DaveinGermany like this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 17:33   #10
JFT96

Oh dear...........
Alan Varrechia likes this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 17:47   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

2 - 1 Ain't so bad Bazza, funnily enough that was the same as the Pools result, only we won .........
Old 17-08-2014, 18:17   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
I think I remember Chelsea beating them first game of the season in Jose's first game, Villa too with that overused Hanson quote, probably quite a few more I reckon in the last 42 years.
According to the Sunday Paper not so.
Old 17-08-2014, 19:09   #13
Senior Member+

Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Perhaps the Chelsea game was away. It's first opening day defeat at home in 42 years.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 21:46   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Perhaps the Chelsea game was away. It's first opening day defeat at home in 42 years.
It was actually, though me Sunday paper dont word it like that, only elsewhere tucked away, But doubt if its a deliberate attempt to mislead or sensationalize.
Old 17-08-2014, 21:53   #15
Senior Member+

Any new record with man u getting beat can only be a good thing.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..