Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2014, 18:16   #121
God Member

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Just about the only English football we get over here is EPL ... fortunately, it comes on early so that it doesn't interfere with hockey, a real man's game played by real men who aren't competing for Oscars in the best dive of the year award. But one thing United have to do is sign De Gea to a multi-year contract. That kid is on track to be the world's best. It's not often that a goalie is man of the match in a 3-0 victory.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-12-2014, 19:20   #122
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
So tight they've cut off the circulation to my feet. What was the score today?
No sympathy for you! Can't seem to recall, must be selective amnesia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.
Go on, give it big licks while you can Bazza, outrageous fortunes & all that.
Old 15-12-2014, 20:44   #123

Ooops, Barca again. Looks like the end of another Champions league run.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2014, 08:33   #124
Senior Member+

A busy few days, so here is hoping that all the teams with supporters on here can gain the maximum points - even the scousers, would hate not to be playing them next season although I am sure the Deadwoods would love to be playing them - unlikely as the Dodger says they are now playing very well and will be in the top 4 by the end of the season
Of course Christmas is when La Crème normally get fully into gear, hoping they do it again this season
Having said that - a Merry Christmas to all you supporters - and the bigots too
Old 28-12-2014, 19:46   #125
God Member

Way to go Burnley An all British team. Think about it; Mangala, who had such a crappy game and should have defended better against the second goal, cost 32 million quid More than the whole Burnley side! There's a message there. Given the chance to play regularly in the top two leagues, English players are as good as any in the world. But with the big money, big business Premier League, they won't get that chance. Don't get me wrong; there are some great foreign players providing top class entertainment in the world's most exciting league (apart from the NHL) But until English players get a decent shot, you guys don't have a snowball in hell's chance of winning the World or the Euro. When Canada shows up to play international hockey, the opposition takes us seriously, real seriously ... because talented kids get a shot at the big time. And as long as the EPL puts profit before football, England will always be second rate at best.
AccyMad, cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 30-12-2014, 17:37   #126
Senior Member+

Oh dear, the scousers are on a charge. There will be no stopping them now – the dodger says so.
La Crème will definitely be looking over their shoulders, waiting for the inevitable to happen.
What a doom laden beginning to the New Year, are the scousers going to finish ahead of us again? – of course that will only be the second time in Premier League history – if they do it.

Pity about Stanley’s game – I know a cover would be very expensive but as that strip at the side of the ground doesn’t get any sun at this time of the year, perhaps just a cover for that area or as a cheap solution cover that area with straw when a frost is forecast.

Great result for Burnley, if they carry on with that application and effort they should be OK especially when one considers the situation of the other teams in the bottom group.

The deadwoods keep burbling along, no doubt destined for a mid table finish – not the same without Jaysay here to give me flak on that.

Now that the scousers have won a game will we see BG back amongst us – seriously, I do hope he is OK and his part time cohorts of course.
One thing to be sure of is that DinG will always carry the flag for his team - mind you he probably nicked it to pave his patio

Whatever happens, I wish you all a Happy & Prosperous New Year.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 30-12-2014, 18:29   #127
God Member

Quote:
Oh dear, the scousers are on a charge. There will be no stopping them now – the dodger says so.
La Crème will definitely be looking over their shoulders, waiting for the inevitable to happen.
What a doom laden beginning to the New Year, are the scousers going to finish ahead of us again? – of course that will only be the second time in Premier League history – if they do it.

Pity about Stanley’s game – I know a cover would be very expensive but as that strip at the side of the ground doesn’t get any sun at this time of the year, perhaps just a cover for that area or as a cheap solution cover that area with straw when a frost is forecast.

Great result for Burnley, if they carry on with that application and effort they should be OK especially when one considers the situation of the other teams in the bottom group.

The deadwoods keep burbling along, no doubt destined for a mid table finish – not the same without Jaysay here to give me flak on that.

Now that the scousers have won a game will we see BG back amongst us – seriously, I do hope he is OK and his part time cohorts of course.
One thing to be sure of is that DinG will always carry the flag for his team - mind you he probably nicked it to pave his patio

Whatever happens, I wish you all a Happy & Prosperous New Year.
Happy New Year there ... and best wishes for your team ... It might be their year to rebound and, maybe next year, win it all. Players who were criticized when they first arrived could be the key. De Gea is on his way to becoming the world's no. 1. They gotta sign him real quick. And Mata. Reminds me a lot of John White, "The Ghost." And to the Scouser fans. Happy New Year! Liverpool's fortunes will rise as surely as does the sun over the rhubarb plantations in Knotty Ash.
Old 30-12-2014, 19:21   #128
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And to the Scouser fans. Happy New Year! Liverpool's fortunes will rise as surely as does the sun over the rhubarb plantations in Knotty Ash.
Seems like there's hope for you Woolies yet!

And a Happy New year to you 2 too & all our readers.
Barrie Yates likes this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 30-12-2014 at 19:23.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 18:43   #129
Senior Member+

Great programme on Sky Sports 1 tonight at 0001 for all the scousers - although it is in black and white, before the advent of colour TV - "When Liverpool Ruled Europe"
Old 12-01-2015, 16:53   #130
Senior Member+

What a crap game, it was almost as bad as watching the scousers. It looks as though we could be on the slide into mediocrity again while the scousers are on a charge for the Premiership title.
I see that Stevie G’s birthday is on Cup Final day and he is desperate to be there – I understand his team mates are having a whip round to buy him a ticket as a birthday present.
The deadwoods continue to display their mediocrity but at least Burnley are now showing some spirit and a good deal of class, let’s hope they can keep it up.
If this weather keeps up Stanley are going to have so many games in hand with the state of the ground which if they have to be played in a short period is going to make life difficult for them.
The NN are just about managing to hang on to Chelski, feel as though that tussle could go either way but feel that Chelski are just too good for them
Old 12-01-2015, 17:01   #131
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well i read today that the points total today, is exactly the same as Moyes attained at the same stage last season, so by using that logic the Glory Hunters will want the removal of this manager?
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 12-01-2015, 20:33   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well i read today that the points total today, is exactly the same as Moyes attained at the same stage last season, so by using that logic the Glory Hunters will want the removal of this manager?
Thing I find confusing (and amusing) is that Southampton, who sold their best players, like Luke Shaw , are still, in spite of all the predictions, solidly in the top four. Meanwhile, United, who have this expensive set of goalscoring super stars, play in a manner that would be more appropriate for a team in the bottom half, just above the relegation zone.

I noticed that Chelsea (Russian owner; Portuguese manager) lined up on Saturday with only one English player on the team.
Old 13-01-2015, 08:17   #133
Senior Member+

Even though we have only got the same points as last year we are in fourth position. As for new players, at least some of ours do score now and then unlike a certain team that bought 2 international strikers who can't score - or most weeks don't even get a game.
Old 13-01-2015, 10:41   #134
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Even though we have only got the same points as last year we are in fourth position. As for new players, at least some of ours do score now and then don't even get a game.
Yeh mean like Falcao? Who he dropped and then yeh had "ZERO" shots on target the whole game. pmsl.
Old 13-01-2015, 18:46   #135
JFT96

Quote:
Even though we have only got the same points as last year we are in fourth position.
Which only goes to show how badly the rest of the league is at the moment. Liverpool have been playing like a sunday school team, however we have lost our two strikers that scored for fun last year.
Still at least you are proving one thing Barrie, without European Football you cannot challenge for first, last year we did.
Could be worse, Barrie, if we had had Daniel Sturridge fit, we would have been above ya.

Oh and happy new year.
Been a bit busy, not had time to reply to your obsessive comments about any other team but the mighty manky U, it's all getting a bit boring really.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..