Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2015, 17:31   #196
JFT96

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Scousers search for the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
So that's the basics, glad to see you can count to 10. Now let's try multiplication shall we

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2015, 06:41   #197
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
So that's the basics, glad to see you can count to 10. Now let's try multiplication shall we
Now 11 posts since you said you wouldn't be posting on this thread - promises, promises
Old 18-03-2015, 11:34   #198
JFT96

Quote:
Now 11 posts since you said you wouldn't be posting on this thread - promises, promises

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2015, 22:43   #199
Senior Member+

Old 22-03-2015, 21:30   #200
Senior Member+

Where have all the scousers gone?
Oh dear, what a shame, never mind, there is always next season for the scousers to chase their Holy Grail and win the Premiership – for the first time. How many more seasons will the dodger be allowed to keep trying
Is it true that Gerrard achieved 2 milestones for the scousers today – the 50th red card for them in the Premiership and the shortest time on the pitch? Could Skrtl be in trouble tomorrow?
La Crème outplayed them, outscored them and outclassed them:
The NN are still trying to keep tabs on Chelski but with effectively a 9 point deficit I don’t think they will get there – not the way that Chelski are playing.
Burnley were unlucky, they really need to pull something out of the hat now, but very tight down at the bottom end, a couple of good wins could see them out of trouble
The deadwoods are at it again, no doubt they will settle for mid-table safety again
Stanley scraped a point but they need to be doing better against teams in the bottom reaches of the league, 9 points isn’t a great margin above the drop zone but a win against any team lower down is effectively 6 points in the bag
Old 23-03-2015, 09:37   #201
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Where have all the scousers gone?
Don't know mate, have you checked your hubcaps lately?

As I'm in deepest darkest Deutschland (well below the Weißwurst Grenze) I've been otherwise occupied, I haven't been following this weekends games so can't really comment, but regardless, it sticks in the craw when the Mankies do us.
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 23-03-2015, 09:59   #202
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest,watched it n best side won, Think Rodgers is disgraceful saying he will not criticize him, that to me is putting football before the well being of players. Its all well n good saying the red mist came down, But what would people be saying if Ballotelli had done it? They would crucify him, but cos its our stevie its ok? i think not.
AccyMad, Eric and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 23-03-2015, 10:15   #203
God Member

The Scousers are getting desperate.
It wasn't me, honest. Ian Dunbavin done it.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 11:54   #204
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To be honest,watched it n best side won
Watched it too ... and I agree. Very entertaining too. If ... heaven forbid ... I were a United fan, I would be happy about the performances of Mata and the guy with the hair. Looks like Moyes got it right buying those too.

Is it just me, or does Carrick remind anyone else of Jimmy Adamson?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 18:07   #205
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Don't know mate, have you checked your hubcaps lately?
I got them welded on just before I met you
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 23-03-2015, 18:15   #206
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To be honest,watched it n best side won, Think Rodgers is disgraceful saying he will not criticize him, that to me is putting football before the well being of players. Its all well n good saying the red mist came down, But what would people be saying if Ballotelli had done it? They would crucify him, but cos its our stevie its ok? i think not.
Sky Sports are saying that Skrtl has been charged but the scouse supporter pundit on NW Tonight said he might be charged?
Think you have got it spot on about Balotelli v Gerrard - good job the scouse fans love Balotelli otherwise he could have been off as well.
Our old friend may even thank us if the deadwoods can pull it off against the scousers with Gerrard and Skrtl missing

Someone is very noticeable for his absence, but he did say he wouldn't post on this thread again - 11 or so of his posts ago
Old 04-04-2015, 07:59   #207
Senior Member+

This is one weekend when I will be hoping - against all my principles, that the scousers can pull off the impossible and beat the Gooners
Hopefully another miracle at the Theatre of Dreams, with La Crème playing so badly it will be a miracle if we beat Villa
Just imagine the League Table if La Crème and the scousers both win today
Old 05-04-2015, 16:36   #208
Senior Member+

Now I think I know how the scouse supporters feel every time they lose which of course is much too frequent for a team still searching for their Holy Grail of a Premiership Title – even a Champions League qualification. If they had won then La Creme would have been second in the league – of course the scousers will do anything to hamper La Creme's progress.

I do feel sorry for them, everything seems to be against them at the moment, the main man going, apparently not offered a new contract, the wonder kid not interested in money but refusing to sign a £100K contract, 3 of their best players suspended so they will miss the Rovers match – come on you Deadwoods.

La Creme still not good enough for the full 90 minutes but churning out the victories, certainly putting last season behind them.

A great win for the Deadwoods especially ahead of the FA Cup match this week – Jay will certainly be smiling at the thought of me supporting them. They may even get into the play off zone if they can keep playing like they did yesterday.

Only saw a few minutes of Stanley's game, looked as though it was pretty rough – on the touchline, but there were some pretty robust tackles. They really could do with stringing a few wins together as they are not far ahead of the danger places, hopefully they can pull it off on Monday.

Burnley very much in danger with Arsenal up next. Hopefully Villa can stop QPR from getting above them on Tuesday.

The NN need to win tomorrow and hopefully they will have another off day next Sunday.

The scousers, one in particular, are keeping their heads down – I am reminded of some old sayings to do with counting chickens and laughing loudest, someone certainly had plenty to say last season. Still time for them to stage a recovery but when the Dodger gives up on the top four places it does not instil too much confidence. I do feel he is rather handicapped when new signings are apparently decided by a committee – how is it possible to manage a team under those constraints.
Old 06-04-2015, 21:39   #209
Senior Member+

What a fantastic week so far, Stanley getting 3 points today, don't know how the teams around them got on but that is 3 points further away from the bottom.
Then to find that the NN got stuffed - not as badly as the scousers, but 3 points dropped - makes for an interesting weekend. All it needs now to make it the perfect week is for the Deadwoods to win on Wednesday - C'mon you Rovers
Scousers still keeping their heads down, but they are not the only ones - quite a difference from last season
Old 07-04-2015, 04:51   #210
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Scousers still keeping their heads down, but they are not the only ones -
No need to add any hot air to the discussion as you're providing quite sufficient!
Eric and Barrie Yates like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..