Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Rowlf
  • 1 Post By Rowlf

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2017, 16:58   #1
Full Member+

F A Cup Semi Finals

I think it is about time the F.A stopped favouring London clubs over the northern ones. I believe Manchester City have not sold all their allocation for their Semi Final tomorrow against Arsenal. Apparently the last train north on Sundays is 7pm so should there be extra time it would be nigh on impossible to get to Euston after the match in time. Staying over night in London increases the cost and it would mean time off work on the Monday. Why could Chelsea and Tottenham not have played on Sunday. I do not agree with the Semi Finals being played at Wembley anyway. It used to be the ultimate to play there in the final with semis played at Hillsborough, Aston Villa or Main Road as these were the biggest grounds in Division 1. I think it would be better to still use other grounds for Semis and keep Wembley special. It is certainly not right that fans can not watch their team play because they cannot get home.
KiTChener and Alan Varrechia like this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2017, 17:21   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: F A Cup Semi Finals

Yer spot on with that Rowlf in my view.
Old 22-04-2017, 18:28   #3
Full Member+

The thing is the FA should have thought when they decided who played when. It is the London Marathon tomorrow so even if the City fans decided to have Monday off there is no accommodation to be had this weekend. It would not have been rocket science to have the two London clubs play Sunday.
KiTChener likes this.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 13:18   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
The thing is the FA should have thought when they decided who played when. It is the London Marathon tomorrow so even if the City fans decided to have Monday off there is no accommodation to be had this weekend. It would not have been rocket science to have the two London clubs play Sunday.
Where any of the football authorities are concerned, common sense does not apply.... only TV money.
Saying that, I am just about to settle down & watch City hopefully slaughter Arsenal!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..