Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2018, 18:05   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

World Cup

Have enjoyed it so far, some big names gone home, for me the best 4 sides in no particular are Belgium, England,Brazil,Croatia, who have just gone one behind in first min. Croatia equalised in the 4Th,min
Old 02-07-2018, 08:03   #2

Re: World Cup

Scots are unhappy, They cannot wait for England to come home...No change there then
monkey hanger likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 17:01   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilleluk View Post
Scots are unhappy, They cannot wait for England to come home...No change there then
Well after watching Sweden v Swiss this aft, i reckon beat Columbia tonight and they are gonna have a long wait.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 03-07-2018, 21:38   #4
Senior Member+

A bit nerve racking, especially when it went to penalties. Columbia should have finished with less than 11 players, I don't reckon that any team in any English League could get away with their antics. I will refrain from commenting on the missed penalty.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:26   #5
Super Moderator

It's COLOMBIA...Columbia's a state in the USA...but, yeah, they're a bunch of thuggish cheats. The Ref just lost control. Starting to feel reasonably optimistic about our prospects.
Less and hilleluk like this.
Old 04-07-2018, 06:17   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To me they did there best to "Provoke" our young lads, to get players sent off, the ref though was crap, but NOT to blame for the yellow card that was a definite Red, that was the fools looking at VAR who said yellow, the ref did "NOT" see it, he was sorting out trouble other end of the wall.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:55   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well after watching Sweden v Swiss this aft, i reckon beat Columbia tonight and they are gonna have a long wait.
best tactics the swedes can use to beat england would be doing what they do best, boring em to death.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 16:35   #8
Senior Member+

The current system of all yellow cards rescinded after the round of 16, only allows teams to foul at their leisure as we found out with the Columbia match
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 19:00   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
The current system of all yellow cards rescinded after the round of 16, only allows teams to foul at their leisure as we found out with the Columbia match
that rule is a complete joke imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 04-07-2018, 19:35   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Must say I've enjoyed most of what I've watched, but for some reason I can't quite fathom, the normally gobby Krautlings are rather subdued on the subject of the World cup.

My how we chuckled!
cashman likes this.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:30   #11

I am afraid I cannot let my Heart rule my head. I have watched the majority of games, and if the three lions beat Sweden, I cannot see them getting past Brazil.
I hope I am wrong.
Accyborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:53   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyborn View Post
I am afraid I cannot let my Heart rule my head. I have watched the majority of games, and if the three lions beat Sweden, I cannot see them getting past Brazil.
I hope I am wrong.
Nah but its ruling yer brain, lol if we play Brazil it would only be in the final.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:54   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Think thats wrong mate? its after Quarter-finals they are rescinded.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:21   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah but its ruling yer brain, lol if we play Brazil it would only be in the final.

Exactly
Accyborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:42   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

If we do get to the final its a toss up i think.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..