Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AccyMad

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2019, 16:32   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

V.a.r.

What do people reckon to this new thing? i thought it was a good idea, now i aint so sure with what ive seen of it. to me if it shows "FOR" Certain something then fair enough i can see the use, but to me if something is still doubtful after viewing the original Refs decision should stand. this is not the case to me, so why have it?
Old 06-07-2019, 19:37   #2
God Member

Re: V.a.r.

Just glad we're probably never going to have it at the Crown Cashy - don't like it at all
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 20:35   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just glad we're probably never going to have it at the Crown Cashy - don't like it at all
Have to say i'm starting to agree with that verdict.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:52   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
would finish me going to a live game if it did. too much added on time nowadays before this. took me years to come to terms with the extra 5 minutes half time now its about 5 minutes extra for a second half. with this VAR it will be another extra 5 minutes extra just to show if someones big toe is off side. the game is played in real time so lets just stick with real time decisions before technology really takes over. remember the present VAR is the begining and not the end of it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..