Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DonaldH

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2020, 16:26   #1

Jack Hacking

Hi I am trying to locate the burial place/grave/plot number of a Jack Hacking a former Manchester United goalkeeper who died in Accrington on June 1 1955 [born Dec 22 1897]. I have tried the local council and they have come back to me saying that he does not appear on any of the Cemetery records, so it is possible that he is buried in a local churchyard. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and stay safe.
Redsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-04-2020, 11:35   #2

Re: Jack Hacking

Hello Redsearch, I have looked through the England and Wales death records for 1837 to 2005 but can not find any Jack Hacking born in Accrington in 1897,
There are plenty with that name that died in Blackburn; Did he by any chanch die in a hospital in Blackburn?
Regards,Taddy
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 08:02   #3
Senior Member+

I think it might be useful to email Accrington and Blackburn libraries asking if a search could be made of the Accrington Observer, Blackburn Times and Lancashire Evening Telegraph for the issues around the date of his death.

In 1939, a John Hacking was secv o' t'Stanley. He lived at 135 Avenue Parade. My Barrett's directory shows him there , occupation - manager.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 22:27   #4
Junior Member+

Lancashire Evening Post dated 1 June 1955 - Jack Hacking lived in Beverley Avenue Barrow and was on holiday in Accrington with his son and daughter. He had wa taken ill and developed pneumonia 10 daye later had a heart attack and died the following day. No mention of his burial. So although he died in Accrington who may have been buried in Barrow. Good hunting, Don
cashman likes this.
DonaldH is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..