Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2012, 05:49   #1
I am Banned

forum games,lack of interest

i cant help but be very dissapointed at the number of members who are not even trying the forum games section,in fact i was the last person to go on there over 2 weeks ago on the towns game and change a letter game,so whats the point of having it on here if no-one now wants to do any of the quizzes,there has been a lot of hard work and time put into these and its all for nowt now,thoughts anyone
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2012, 06:28   #2
Beacon of light

Re: forum games,lack of interest

I have, in the past, been a regular contributor of these games, but the change a letter and the Towns game have gone a bit stale....by that, I mean the same answers are coming up.
I have never registered for the Trivia Quiz...you have to get a password and I think you can only play once a day.
It is all about what floats your boat - and how much time you have to spend.
Other quizzes hava always gone down well......the ones that Kate did were very good and had lots of people contributing.

If you want to put some kind of quiz up to test what I am saying, I think you will find plenty of folk are interested.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 06:54   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have, in the past, been a regular contributor of these games, but the change a letter and the Towns game have gone a bit stale....by that, I mean the same answers are coming up.
I have never registered for the Trivia Quiz...you have to get a password and I think you can only play once a day.
Other quizzes hava always gone down well......the ones that Kate did were very good and had lots of people contributing.

If you want to put some kind of quiz up to test what I am saying, I think you will find plenty of folk are interested.
I agree Margaret - the quizzes Kate put up were always fun and interesting and they attracted a lot of interest from a range of members.
Things do go in phases so maybe there'll be a resurge of interest at some point or if someone thinks up an interesting challenge.

The Trivia Quiz has had a bit of a downturn too over the last couple of months going from 15 regulars to 10 -hopefully some will start to play again as the saying goes: The more the merrier!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2012, 09:06   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Thats exactly why I gave up a long time ago Margaret, these change a letter things only have a limited shelf life
Old 29-05-2012, 16:02   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thats exactly why I gave up a long time ago Margaret, these change a letter things only have a limited shelf life
Yeah that, and most of the words you came up with john, nobody else had heard of
Old 29-05-2012, 18:12   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Yeah that, and most of the words you came up with john, nobody else had heard of
Walls not big enough Dave, I'll get ya at playtime
Old 29-05-2012, 20:07   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Can only echo some of the above posts, repetitive use of the same words & as to the towns, seems like some people were just looking through an atlas, I at least tried to accompany the towns I mentioned with a picture I'd taken, to at least show I'd been there.
Old 30-05-2012, 18:17   #8
Resting in Peace

Ok, felt somebody rubbing my lamp

Am just going to post a new one, so watch out folks...and stick to the rules ..x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 18:23   #9
Beacon of light

Great stuff Kate........I hope it is something that I know about.
Maybe you need to post the rules when you post the comp......some of us are inclined to forget
Old 30-05-2012, 18:27   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Great stuff Kate........I hope it is something that I know about.
Maybe you need to post the rules when you post the comp......some of us are inclined to forget
Haha, Margaret, you will find this a doddle, and wishing someone else would post.

Have put the rules in caps.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2012, 20:15   #11
Beacon of light

I have really enjoyed this quiz Kate....really stirred up my grey cells.
Old 30-05-2012, 20:20   #12
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I have really enjoyed this quiz Kate....really stirred up my grey cells.
hear hear, thanks Kate.
Old 30-05-2012, 21:27   #13
Give, give, give member

Until Katex's quiz is up, I've just hidden a thimble.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 09:08   #14
Resting in Peace

I would have loved to have had a go at Kate's quiz but it seems the night hawks have blitzed it
Old 31-05-2012, 11:12   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I would have loved to have had a go at Kate's quiz but it seems the night hawks have blitzed it
That's a shame John and I am the chief culprit, sorry about that.

I was lucky to be online just as she posted the quiz and once I get the bit between my teeth there's no stopping me.

Perhaps in future Kate should give advance warning and say she is going to post a quiz at such and such a time.

There are still a few questions left unsolved but I think you will need your glasses on to make out the pics.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..