Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 11:54   #166
Senior Member+

Re: Missing Accrington man - David Guilfoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
There also seems to be n attitude on this forum, that murder is wrong under any circumstance, I aint noticed yeh adhere to that neither margaret?
i didnt actually agree on that one cashy, i did say however that if you feel strong enough to take someones life to ease your own justice, then you should be equally prepared to own up and deal with the consequence

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2012, 11:57   #167
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
There also seems to be n attitude on this forum, that murder is wrong under any circumstance, I aint noticed yeh adhere to that neither margaret?
I admit that I felt relief when I heard that my con man ex had died 'in suspicious circumstances' - coroners verdict - 'facts unlikely ever to be known'

The number of persons who had motive was likely daunting to the police

I am anti death penalty.
It isn't really necessary because rogues have a tendency to eliminate each other.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 15:17   #168
Beacon of light

I know I said I wouldn't post again to this thread, but I have to.
It doesn't matter what David Guilfoyle did...or whether he was a rogue, a womaniser, a wheeler dealer.

He was the victim...his life was snuffed out by someone (who we're told is a kind and considerate man - or words to the effect) that someone was Shane Fitzpatrick - he has admitted it now.
What made him think that he had the right to be judge, jury and executioner?

Whatever David Guilfoyle did.....it surely couldn't be bad enough to warrant the ending of his life.......after all, we don't even do that to murderers...do we?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 16:08   #169

Like I say I was just sticking up for my mate, it's true wot one member says, let this rest as I know the truth and slagging each other off is not guna solve anything, I apologise for any offence caused on here, but leave his son out off this, do not talk of his son in that way, and unless you really know what went on then please don't speculate on something's you clearly don't know.
Paz1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 16:15   #170
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paz1976 View Post
Like I say I was just sticking up for my mate, it's true wot one member says, let this rest as I know the truth and slagging each other off is not guna solve anything, I apologise for any offence caused on here, but leave his son out off this, do not talk of his son in that way, and unless you really know what went on then please don't speculate on something's you clearly don't know.
Looks like your contribution on here has gone down like a lump of lead pipe judging by your karma indications.

One aspect that I don't think has been explored is the fact that at the time of this epistle no body has been found, and we have to at least contemplate that it may not be the truth, I have heard of a different location third hand, but no proof. So lets see if the admission is as genuine as is accepted by the authorities.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 16:49   #171
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accylad72 View Post
A cynical confession in my eyes, most people I know were expecting a confession and remorse so Shane can secure his parole when the time comes. I knew Shane (not well) and David who was a freind.
7 years Davids family and friends still havent had a funeral.
Shane was not such a nice guy before the murder, he had a reputation as a nutcase and Dave was warned to be careful when he was seeing Shanes ex.
Shane has attempted to escape from Prison not that long into his sentence and it was reported as one of nearest miss escapes from a high security prison.
In the trial it was reported on the night of the disappearance Shane and his Son were dressed in black leaving the house at night, maybe now his son can answer to what his part was in the matter and maybe be prosecuted for perjury as part of Shanes albi.

Dave was popular and well known on the pub scene especially with his talent for snooker and pool, he was a nice, generous, funny guy. yes he had faults but never deserved to be murdered by the cold and calculated jealous Fitzpatrick.
I agree ,i also knew of fitzpatricks reputation, and had a acquaintance who had part of his ear bitten off by him. He also was known to violent towards his then wife . Which in my mind doesnt really portray the image of a gentle kind man that paz1976 is trying to put forward
Old 09-11-2012, 17:47   #172
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

U
Quote:
The matter can't rest, your loyal friend has spoken with god and now wishes to make amends all well and good but if he had't murdered the other guy maybe he too would have seen the goodness and light but he hasn't got the chance to has he.
As for speculation, I think your mate is trying to work his ticket and the do gooders will swallow it hook line and sinker.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 18:41   #173
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I agree ,i also knew of fitzpatricks reputation, and had a acquaintance who had part of his ear bitten off by him. He also was known to violent towards his then wife . Which in my mind doesnt really portray the image of a gentle kind man that paz1976 is trying to put forward
I also knew of those things..the violent behaviour, the thuggishness, domestic violence, but was not going to mention it on here.

it was only a matter of time before he came to grief.
Now he purports to have found God........yes well, maybe he has...for the wrong reason. The reason which Less alludes to.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 18:52   #174
God Member

it was reported on the news on real radio this evening that police are suspecting they have been led on a wild goose chase but are continueing to search in the area confessed to.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 19:45   #175
God Member

He's given false hope to Guilfoyles family then? Surely he will get more on his sentance for wasting police time, if this is the case?
Old 09-11-2012, 19:50   #176

you lot need to get a life seriously, nowt better to do than go on and on well funny honest!!!!!, Love looking what gets on yourlots nerves, you lot are just noisy sods with nowt else better to do and some off you saying oh i knew off his violence well you just read that from newspapers, OMG get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mick; 10-11-2012 at 07:17. Reason: language
Old 09-11-2012, 19:51   #177

see you going off the news again you lot make me laugh?????
Old 09-11-2012, 19:53   #178
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Just look whats happened since they closed Brockhall.
Old 09-11-2012, 20:06   #179
Senior Member+

Quote:
you lot need to get a life seriously, nowt better to do than go on and on well funny honest!!!!!, Love looking what gets on yourlots nerves, you lot are just noisy sods with nowt else better to do and some off you saying oh i knew off his violence and ****, well you just read that from newspapers, OMG get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calm down you will do yourself a mischief, and i resent being called noisy thank you. And how do you know we read it in the newspaper are you calling people liars when they say that they knew of fitzpatricks issues? YOU may not know the full story for all we know, YOU may have just read it in the paper. Who knows!!! Just because peoples views of your MATE differ from yours doesnt make them wrong does it? Its all about personal experience of the matter i would say.

Last edited by walkinman221; 09-11-2012 at 20:14.
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 20:09   #180
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Calm down you will do yourself a mischief, and i resent being called noisy thank you.

I think me meant nautical
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..