Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should the UK give up its EU rebate?
Yeah, why not - we've already given up everything else. 1 4.35%
Don't give it up - spend the money on Africa. Thats just as rotten & corrupt. 0 0%
We'll have no choice. Blair will be forced to give it up. 1 4.35%
We'll efectively give it up by increasing our gross contribution 2 8.70%
We should'nt pay a penny more into the EU until the whole lot is reformed. 6 26.09%
It's to late to reform. Lets get the hell out now, while there is still time. 13 56.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2005, 12:46   #16
God Member

Re: Should the EU rebate be ended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil

"Even though I am very small I am very loud and will kick you in the nads if you will stand next to a chair for me."

Vous le bâtard effronté
Old 11-06-2005, 13:00   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Please insult me in English and not French ( by the way I am a shameless b*****d )
Old 11-06-2005, 13:06   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
shameless b*****d )
oooppps it was meant to say cheeky
Old 11-06-2005, 13:24   #19
Give, give, give member

Me thinks 'twas probably Tinks and not Jane Birkin singing/[orgasming] with Serge Gainsbourg on 'Je t'aime, ne moi en plus'????????????

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 14:20   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Are there any benefits for us to be a part of the EU ?
I think the referendum should be "Do we want to be part of Europe?"
If we get a yes then we can vote on the constitution.
If we get a no then the Frogs can shove our gesture of solidarity up there ****!!
Old 15-06-2005, 05:56   #21
God Member

Here is another interesting Times Graphic which illustrates the disparity between UK and French contributions to the EU budget.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...653349,00.html

And shows how the French manage to screw £72 more, per head of population, per year, out of Europe than we get.

And this is paid for by your taxes!

No wonder Chirac is loath to agree to a reform of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).
Old 15-06-2005, 09:12   #22

The EU is a done deal, and after Tony has taken over the role of chairperson of the EU, the UK will accede to the rest of the gravy train plonkers, by increasing the net contribution by the UK.

Neither Chancellor Schröder or TB (yes,its also a disease and so is he!) dare to have a referendem on the EU Constitution let alone one on continued membership. It's not what the population think or want....its what the politicians want...where else will they go when they get kicked out of Parliament? The only place is Brussels or Strasbourg..and a very rich gravy train! (hence Mr & Mrs Kinnock living off the fat of Europe).

To Mr. TB the EU is a god sent distraction from everyday tax, tax and crime, crime. And he can play the loving role of senior world figure (never mind what my hands are doing, look at the smile!).

Germany is now in a real mess with unemployment rocketing, health system failing, costs spiraling, and they can't do a dammed thing about their finances as they no longer have the Deutschmark!!

One of UK's most distressing probelms (to an outside) is the press and media. What they report is absolute rubbish and brain washing mediocrity. They care more about the soaps, big brother crap than real live information and independant reporting of actual news. Sky decides what will be reported according to where they have a camera of Sat link! And experts pop up from god knows what depths of synicism!

OK you go on believing that the EU is rotten (it is sometimes), but it also has benefits for all, if they were properly applied by that load of fat cats in the EU parliament.

The people of Europe are being used and so are those in the UK. The only real hope for the EU is some stability from the UK...but with NuLabour we would only get spin!!

Anybody considering emigrating???
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2005, 11:27   #23
God Member

I have always found it amusing to read teh pares that are splashed with 'NO TO THE EURO!' all over the front then pages of adverts for 'COME AND LIVE IN SPAIN!' inside.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2005, 12:06   #24
Resident Waffler

If the EU has benefits for all can somebody please explain how it benefits me? All I see is the UK paying mor in and getting less ut and now France asking for a show of solidarity. OK then, let's have solidarity. Let's pay less in and get more out.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..