Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2005, 20:32   #1
Passed away 25-11-09

Why I Like AccyWeb

I haven't been a member for very long but I've come to regard this site as very "homely" to me, even though I left Accy (well, West End) in 1962.

I'm a member of 3 other websites. The one in my village is very good, sometimes brilliant and I've made a lot of friends through it, but there are times when people start squabbling and other times when people have been very offensive to other posters. I hate that.

Another local one I'm in, while again it's good, has a very political set of people and what makes it worse is that most of them can't spell.

The 3rd one, in North Yorkshire (I lived there a long, long time ago), is strange - nobody "chats". It's all local issues, though even that is thin on the ground, and if you aren't in the know, forget it.

AccyWeb is a great mixture. There's a big diversity of topics and, on the whole, it's very good humoured. I feel like I'm getting to know a lot of you and it's always interesting to read your views - even if I don't always agree with them. It just goes to prove my theory that us lot from N E Lancs are among the nicest, most tolerant and most humerous people in England. I'm so glad I found this site and, well, I'm afraid you're stuck with me now.
It's your own fault!
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2005, 20:40   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Why I Like AccyWeb

I like it too West Ender.....in fact I am unbearable if I don't get my 'fix'.......it is a friendly site....and I feel like I 'know' a lot of the people on here though I have only met Mick in the flesh so to speak.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 21:40   #3
Give, give, give member

I agree West Ender. For half my life l didn't live in this the place of my birth. It is the people that make it special, there is a warmth and unique humour to the place.

Things may have changed from when cotton was King here, but thankfully the people haven't. Accy Web reflects that to me. l to regard it as home.

One big family.

Dysfunctional, argumentative, daft sometimes, but ultimately a family.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 21:44   #4
Resident Waffler

Yep, I'll go along with that. We may argue about some topics amongst ourselves but woe betide anyone out there in the big bad world if they tried to knock AccyWeb!

Daft, sometimes disfunctional, always supportive and definitely full of variety. Sounds like a perfect family to me.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 21:59   #5

Blimey Accyweb seems to be getting all loved up and philosophical of late!

Plus, if we are all family, does this make my wedding next year incestuous?
Old 22-07-2005, 22:03   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its the COMPANY that counts,even when you disagree with someones opinion,most people acknowledge on here that they are entitled to it. and unlike margaret who can be unbearable if she does'nt get her fix,i can be unbearable in most cicumstances.lol
Old 22-07-2005, 22:03   #7
Resident Waffler

Well if it does Pixie, Busman and I have already beat you to it!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 00:44   #8
God Member

well if it's getting your fix of accy web, then I can prove that's the case. As I've just got in from a "do" and couldn't got to bed without getting my "fix", even though I went on earlier when I was at work!! Does that make me a saddo???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 00:49   #9
land of hope and glory

Talking Re: Why I Like AccyWeb

YOU WOULDNT BE DOWN WELSH WALES BY ANY CHANCE? would you?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 00:53   #10
God Member

welsh wales??? No I'm in giddy harwood!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 23-07-2005, 10:20   #11
mez
God Member

just love the fact that great friendships can be made even if you disagree on site, & what a lot of help & information is given out , you just need to ask, & someone or hundreds are there to help you out................ for the accywebbers.
Old 23-07-2005, 10:37   #12
Senior Member+

Yep! have to agree with everyone i have been on this site 2 years 3 months now and have only missed coming on site once in all that time.
Old 23-07-2005, 10:38   #13
Give, give, give member

Just rereading my first post about us being a family, l did forget to add loving as well!

Like Mez said too, besides great friendships formed, the help people will give you if you need or ask for it is amazing.

Thanks for addopting me.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2005, 11:30   #14
God Member

I know this may sound daft but does anyone get the feeling of belonging, when they're either chatting to others on accy web or at a meet???

Old 23-07-2005, 13:24   #15
mez
God Member

yes very much so, one BIG family

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..