Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2013, 23:10   #121
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
You are right of course, Margaret, but that is because most Ministers haven't taken the trouble to study the cults.
And you don't seem to have studied the quote how did you change Neil into Margaret?
Is it a miracle or are you a bit of a cult yourself?
Eric, susie123 and gpick24 like this.
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2013, 23:12   #122

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This is going to be a bit of a thread wander, but I reckon we deserve it.

K99....I don't know if you know this,but what you have done today is really very bad mannered. and I know that people of your age set great store by good manners.

You have come onto this forum, started a contentious thread and pontificated all day without having introduced yourself.
We know absolutely nothing about you, other than you are and evangelistic christian who seems to have an answer for everything and dismisses the opinions of others who frequent this forum.
Your bad manners is akin to me coming into your home, sitting down at your table and dipping my bread into your gravy.
Now I don't know what the etiquette of other forums might be......but here you should introduce yourself.
Hi Margaret,

I don't mind you dipping your bread in my gravy as long as you don't betray me for thirty pieces of silver afterwards but there will be no communion wine.
Old 10-11-2013, 23:23   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
And you don't seem to have studied the quote how did you change Neil into Margaret?
Is it a miracle or are you a bit of a cult yourself?
Margaret wants to know a bit about me so here goes. I am just a plain ordinary bible believing Christian like Billy Graham. I try to read well so that you lot can't seriously trip me up. You may be a bit upset because my creed is not yours. I don't support Accrington Stanley, not because I have anything against them but I am not interested in football. Well I guess that's all you need to know. I was very happily married for twenty seven years until the death of my wife. I loved her so much that I haven't looked at another woman since except perhaps to say hello or good morning.
Old 10-11-2013, 23:24   #124
Senior Member+

If you want platform may I suggest The Railway on a Saturday afternoon
gpick24 likes this.
Old 10-11-2013, 23:27   #125
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Hmmm!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-11-2013, 23:38   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Btw, I wonder how many 'good deeds' K99WARD does....wouldn't have much time to spare to help others after looking up all the quotes he is so fond of using and so very kindly sharing them with us.....
.....am crossing my fingers that he has run out of things to say. Don't think it will work somehow.
Hi dotti,

Good deeds do not save, indeed good works before salvation are repugnant to God. I have that on the good authority of the Church of Engand who deemed it fit to include in their thirty nine articles of faith. Since it happens to be number XIII I call it "unlucky for some."
Old 10-11-2013, 23:45   #127

My schooling was in the days, K99WARD, long before 'A' levels and the like were awarded - when blackboards and chalk, pens with nibs and ink in inkwells - useful for the boys to dip the girls plaits in, were used - so I do thank you for assuming (or so it would seem) that I am a more recent scholar. If only....
On the other hand I have to say that you really are full of it!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 23:47   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
If you want platform may I suggest The Railway on a Saturday afternoon
"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also."

Isn't the Internet a wonderful communicator?
Old 10-11-2013, 23:51   #129
Senior Member+

i have to say, if this is what the chosen few have to look forward to in heaven, then send me to hell.
Old 10-11-2013, 23:52   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
My schooling was in the days, K99WARD, long before 'A' levels and the like were awarded - when blackboards and chalk, pens with nibs and ink in inkwells - useful for the boys to dip the girls plaits in, were used - so I do thank you for assuming (or so it would seem) that I am a more recent scholar. If only....
On the other hand I have to say that you really are full of it!!!!!!!
Did your teeth get on edge when the teacher broke a new chalk on the board? We were more civilised and untied the girl's sashes.
Old 10-11-2013, 23:55   #131

Oops! I could say something about great minds and all that as we seem to have posted our entries at the same time - but thankfully MY mind is not full of biased theological clap-trap, so I decline.
Btw, who says that what the different religious entities believe is correct. I could enter many arguments here - but it would be a complete waste of time. Have better things to do.
Old 10-11-2013, 23:56   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
i have to say, if this is what the chosen few have to look forward to in heaven, then send me to hell.
I dare say that can be arranged but God would rather you repent. Don't people like a good scrap? It reminds me of school when I would take on six bullies at once and when one of them got downed they would howl liked whipped puppies and run off to tell teacher.
Old 10-11-2013, 23:59   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
I dare say that can be arranged....
No need, I volunteer. Then again, perhaps we are already there and you are the red hot poker.

Last edited by gpick24; 11-11-2013 at 00:02.
Old 11-11-2013, 00:04   #134
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
You are right of course, Margaret, but that is because most Ministers haven't taken the trouble to study the cults. The churches in the main these days no longer preach the gospel. If they did they would have no congregations. TV represents the church as a lot of weaklings and most of them are. It takes guts and God to stand up for the faith. Jesus said, "And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life."

So which church do you attend?
Old 11-11-2013, 00:06   #135
God Member

I have said little in this thread - it is dangerous to mock the afflicted.
Religion in Bipolar Disorder - Delusions and Increased Activities

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance...logic can be happily tossed out the window."
― Stephen King
Restless and susie123 like this.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..