Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2013, 03:23   #556

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
re K99's posting 552. My first reaction was to say a sarcastic 'ha ha ha ha ha' - a response to your very warped sense of humour.
On second thought I have decided you must be a very sad, lonely man - albeit egotistical - and if you are waiting to find what is coming to you after life (notice I didn't say in the after-life which is a load of cobblers!) and even looking forward to it, then all I can say is that you must not be enjoying a fulfilling life in the here and now.....

...AND YOU ARE STILL SKIRTING THE ISSUES!!!!!!!!
Good Morning dotti,

Nice to see you again from all the way down under. I wonder what evidence you have for your point of view? I have God's assurance and since he is in charge, YES HE IS IN CHARGE, we have a duty to love him as he loves us. We are not only assured that there is an anti-christ; his evidence is all about us to see, but we also have a Saviour who died for us. How can anyone be lonely in such circumstances?

By the way, I am very impressed with the high standard of posting here. No starting sentences with small capitals or using abbreviations such as 'U' for 'you.' They must have been good teachers at Accrington Grammar school.
Accrington Web
Old 17-11-2013, 03:40   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
.............And please don't quote the Bible in rebuttal ... that too is irrelevant, except as a work of literary art.

Face it Kevin, your religion is irrelevant, and so are you. I trust that you have a human side. But not once have you shewn it in your posts. Even your praise of your wife is filched from the Bible. If I wished to tell a woman, "I love you", I wouldn't reach for the damned Bible. I would give her a huge hug (oops, wandering to another thread) and say "I love you."
Who told you that Christianity is irrelevant, Eric, your father? It is the religion of my Queen who is head of the church, the prime minister, the faith I was baptised into, taught at school but strangely enough it was vague until God sent his Spirit into my heart. I don't expect you to believe this. One has to experience it to understand it but it is a life-changing experience. One does have a human side. It is called the natural man and lives in us until the day we die but the power of God is stronger for those who call upon his name.

For those who call upon the name of The Lord shall be saved.
Old 17-11-2013, 03:53   #558

‘Now the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged’ (2:14).”
Old 17-11-2013, 03:55   #559
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post

I wonder what evidence you have for your point of view? I have God's assurance and since he is in charge, YES HE IS IN CHARGE, we have a duty to love him as he loves us. We are not only assured that there is an anti-christ; his evidence is all about us to see, but we also have a Saviour who died for us. How can anyone be lonely in such circumstances?
What evidence have you for yours? God's assurance is not evidence.

Yet another of your extremely patronising posts. No wonder this thread has filled 37 pages in just over a week, most of which is your senseless drivel.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 17-11-2013, 04:12   #560

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
What evidence have you for yours? God's assurance is not evidence.

Yet another of your extremely patronising posts. No wonder this thread has filled 37 pages in just over a week, most of which is your senseless drivel.
Good morning Susie. My, my you are an early customer. I am tucked up nice and warm in my bed. I hope that your tootsies are not too cold.

One wonders why you bother to read my posts with such an attitude. Maybe you are hoping to learn something from them. The word of God is senseless to the unsaved. It was senseless to me before I was saved also, but then the light of the glorious gospel shined into my heart and there was no turning back.

Down in the valley with my Savior I will go,
Where the flow’rs are blooming and the sweet waters flow;
Everywhere He leads me I will follow, follow on,
Walking in His footsteps till the crown be won.

Refrain:
Follow! follow! I will follow Jesus!
Anywhere, everywhere, I will follow on!
Follow! follow! I will follow Jesus!
Everywhere He leads me I will follow on!.

Down in the valley with my Savior I will go,
Where the storms are sweeping and the dark waters flow;
With His hand to lead me I will never, never fear,
Danger cannot fright me if my Lord is near.

Down in the valley, or upon the mountain steep,
Close beside my Savior will my soul ever keep;
He will lead me safely in the path that He has trod,
Up to where they gather on the hills of God

Last edited by K99WARD; 17-11-2013 at 04:15.
Old 17-11-2013, 04:34   #561

K99. I don't wish to be personal - though you try your best to be so with some of the Webbers, including myself - but I have to say that you do not appear to sleep well. I wonder why.

At the risk of sounding rude (but if you can dish it out then you have to be able to take it) did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, your wife WANTED you to go out....

It is nice to know that you appreciate the teachings of Accrington Grammar School, by the way. I'm sure it was (and is) an excellent school, as shown by past students of that establishment - however my education was gleaned elsehere.

My last comment at this time is how sad you are to be looking forward to death - it would be a rude awakening if only you were able to realise it but it will be too late then, sadly that will be IT - there ain't no more!!!!!

...and still you don't answer relevant questions.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 17-11-2013, 08:21   #562
Resting in Peace

Quote:
When I was first married my new wife offered to let me go out with the boys one night a week but I said I would rather stop at home with her. I think she liked that.
You Marriedsupose you met her in chapel
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 17-11-2013, 08:55   #563
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I just had a look round the rest of the site and found all your familiar faces there too. I found it so refreshing. It was like meeting old friends again. I wonder if I ever meet any of you in the street in Accrington. I shall be wearing a red carnation. You must introduce yourselves or you could post your pics and I could do the introductions.

Of course we can be found in other threads than this one, unlike you are able to discuss many topics, some of us even manage to put forward our own views and don't just copy and paste from the ecclesiastic copy of a Mills & Boone Adventure.

As for meeting us, you might, but only if it's Gods will.

As for pictures, there are 10 years worth of pictures of many of us in the gallery, in fact if you ask Mick nicely he might put his favourite one of me into this thread for you.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 17-11-2013, 09:01   #564

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
K99. I don't wish to be personal - though you try your best to be so with some of the Webbers, including myself - but I have to say that you do not appear to sleep well. I wonder why.

At the risk of sounding rude (but if you can dish it out then you have to be able to take it) did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, your wife WANTED you to go out....

It is nice to know that you appreciate the teachings of Accrington Grammar School, by the way. I'm sure it was (and is) an excellent school, as shown by past students of that establishment - however my education was gleaned elsehere.

My last comment at this time is how sad you are to be looking forward to death - it would be a rude awakening if only you were able to realise it but it will be too late then, sadly that will be IT - there ain't no more!!!!!

...and still you don't answer relevant questions.
God bless you dotti. We were newly married and lived 27 years together in married bliss. On occasions people have accused me (but not on this forum) of lying about it saying that no one could be so happy. Well I guess they were as disbelieving as you lot. Have you ever wondered why the divorce rate is so high now when it didn't used to be? The other day I went into Tesco's to buy my horse meat (a joke) and what should I find but plates of mashed potato for sale. Is that what husbands now come home from work to get for tea? When we travelled away on holiday she travelled in her best costume with lovely ironed blouse. No sloppy jeans and sweater for her! It has been said that marriage is give and take—you give and she takes (another joke) but I say that a 50-50 marriage is useless. There are occasions of sickness when it has to be 100-0.

That is the end of my sermon on marriage. It is instituted of God and unless he blesses is it it will be purgatory (purgatory by the way is a religious myth). My wife was a pupil at Accrington Grammar School.
Old 17-11-2013, 09:23   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You Marriedsupose you met her in chapel
God bless you too Jay. I actually met my wife at a dancing class. It is a wonder that I went but a friend was lonely and didn't want to go by himself so I reluctantly went along. We were just friends for two years but eventually friendship blossomed into courtship. Neither of us was particularly religious but she had devoted years to running the Girls Friendly Society (GFS) at her church and her girls loved her. I wasn't saved then but as I have said before I vowed I would never marry a non-Christian.
Old 17-11-2013, 09:29   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Of course we can be found in other threads than this one, unlike you are able to discuss many topics, some of us even manage to put forward our own views and don't just copy and paste from the ecclesiastic copy of a Mills & Boone Adventure.

As for meeting us, you might, but only if it's Gods will.

As for pictures, there are 10 years worth of pictures of many of us in the gallery, in fact if you ask Mick nicely he might put his favourite one of me into this thread for you.
I looked you up Less but is was purely by accident. I must have pressed the wrong button. I doubt if I would recognise you in the street as those bones through your nose make you look like an African warrior. It must have been taken at a fancy dress party.
Old 17-11-2013, 09:31   #567
JCB

Quote:
‘Now the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him; and he cannot know them, because they are spiritually judged’ (2:14).”
Is that why you don't know the answers to the questions I keep asking ?

Perhaps you don't know the answers because of ignorance .

Perhaps what you said in the first place was wrong , but you don't have the courage to admit it .

No need to worry , I will persist .

Just to remind you this is what I asked .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

Are the two separate statements you have just mentioned

1. We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel.
2. Nothing further is required of us. ?

If so which Bible are you using ?

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 17-11-2013, 09:43   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Is that why you don't know the answers to the questions I keep asking ?

Perhaps you don't know the answers because of ignorance .

Perhaps what you said in the first place was wrong , but you don't have the courage to admit it .

No need to worry , I will persist .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?
Now I know you are trolling JCB keeping repeating the same questions over and over again. I answered your questions many pages back and have no intention of repeating them again as the Moderator will probably edit them out as he has done with other perfectly legitimate posts. You are watching censored material.
Old 17-11-2013, 09:47   #569
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I looked you up Less but is was purely by accident. I must have pressed the wrong button. I doubt if I would recognise you in the street as those bones through your nose make you look like an African warrior. It must have been taken at a fancy dress party.

Hey, it's not a problem, thats what profiles are for.
An African Warrior? Well I can only take that as a compliment, they were a noble people until the Missionarys arrived and tainted their land.
For thousands of years they made a very good living out of their own Countries.
What thanks to the forcing of Christianity is now left them with? Greedy dictators and starvation?

Still, you won't mind, the missionarys were only spreading the word of God and poverty and disease, they can't even catch their own fish because your lot stole their nets to become 'fishers of men'.

Now we none-Christians are having to give to charities to right the wrongs your people did in his name.
Boeing Guy and dotti34 like this.

Last edited by Less; 17-11-2013 at 09:49.
Old 17-11-2013, 10:09   #570
JCB

Quote:
Now I know you are trolling JCB keeping repeating the same questions over and over again. I answered your questions many pages back and have no intention of repeating them again as the Moderator will probably edit them out as he has done with other perfectly legitimate posts. You are watching censored material.
Please tell me in which posts you answered these questions , because I can find no such posts .

Boeing Guy likes this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..