Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 00:18   #16

Re: Scum Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.
On going outside today I noticed something strange about my car. The number plates were missing. The rear one . after removing one screw, had been torn off leaving a hole in the securing panel. The front one was removed with a little less brutality Our car is parked in a disabled bay at the side of the house. to say I was gobsmacked is putting it mildly. What sort of lowlife does this sort of thing to disabled oap's. I rang the police who took particulars, and informed me they would ring me back with a crime number, which they have since done. I went to the local car spares shop to purchase replacements, and the documents that had to be produced to get the replacements made me feel as though I had committed the offence myself. and I live in the quiet part of Church, so they tell me. God help the rest.
scum is the only word in my eyes TC.. and i worry more as that night my car was not 5 meters away! i have to say that when its close to home it really does make you think more.. hope your both ok.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-03-2006, 01:23   #17
God Member

As i said elsewhere even in quiet lil old Atherstone we had at least 6 vehicles scratched severly, my van, a rangerover a porche, even an old nail of a car, not just scratched but zig zagged over and over across the bonnet sides and boot, and over two nights, i alsogot my mirror pushed in and tyre let down. We don't get much crime but they really put some effort in to this.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:25   #18
Resting in Peace

If you do find out who it was TC dont give them any curry for a month that will show them .
Sorry to here this TC as i said the plates were on when i passed at 11-55am yesterday so they were taken between 12 and 6 ish. so thats in broad daylight.
so someone should have seen them ?
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:43   #19
God Member

Just to show how stupid the legislation is about producing documents to get new plates, you can buy them without showing ANY documents if you go online and get what are called 'show plates' these have not for road use written on the back, yes, the back, the bit that is clamped hard against the car so no-one can see it. That is how you can get slightly 'tweaked' spacing etc if you have a private plate (Cough).

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:28   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Just to show how stupid the legislation is about producing documents to get new plates, you can buy them without showing ANY documents if you go online and get what are called 'show plates' these have not for road use written on the back, yes, the back, the bit that is clamped hard against the car so no-one can see it. That is how you can get slightly 'tweaked' spacing etc if you have a private plate (Cough).
chav rushes off to order ch4v1

i tried getting a number plate made for my sons bedroom and was refused , all i wanted was JARON on a number plate and the best they could offer was a blank plate and a marker pen

pathetic
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:49   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1

i tried getting a number plate made for my sons bedroom and was refused , all i wanted was JARON on a number plate and the best they could offer was a blank plate and a marker pen

pathetic
Bet they would still charge you for the plate and marker.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 13:57   #22
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Less sits down with pen and paper and tries to work out how to fit 'NASTY LITTLE MAN' onto a normal sized plate!

Don't worry folk's I've done it!
LESS 1

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 23:14   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Try living in Ossy. In the last few weeks a lot of door mirrors have been kicked of cars. Almost 10 last Friday night mainly along Union Road. A similar number over the last few weeks around where I live. Someone was arrested for it on Tuesday. Some of these mirrors cost £150 plus to replace. A couple of number plates, count yourself as lucky mate.
Just noticed the price of wing mirror in that post Neil.. i bought a new car in october and only a few weeks later had a bumping of wing mirrors with another guy. Peugeot wanted £260 to replace my wing mirror!!!! admitedly its one of these auto folding mirrors (didn't work when he was coming the other way i must add!) but i bought the bits and painted them myself for £90 and you can't tell at all.... just goes to show companies are out to take our hard earned cash!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 00:11   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Damn right they are wingy mate
Old 04-03-2006, 08:29   #25
God Member

Quote:

pathetic
Try here
http://www.myshowplates.com/designer.asp

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:25   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I used to have a guide book of all the registration prefixes that had been used. My favourite was on 'S' reg the prefix 'PEN' was used. Just add a number 1 and somewhere driving around could be this registration.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PEN1S.jpg (9.2 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by Neil; 04-03-2006 at 12:12.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:28   #27
God Member

Quote:
I used to have a guide book of all the registration prefixes that had been used. My favourite was on 'S' reg the prefix 'PEN' was used. JUst add a number 1 and somewhere driving around could be this registration.

yes well no comment.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:18   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I used to have a guide book of all the registration prefixes that had been used. My favourite was on 'S' reg the prefix 'PEN' was used. Just add a number 1 and somewhere driving around could be this registration.

That's so cool.

Had Neil gone?

Great you found your middle name though Denis.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 20:37   #29

I live in Clayton, and I am sick of finding screws and nails in my car tyres.
I think we should all make a stand against the scummy people who do all these crimes. We should report everysingle crime no matter how small. Out council tax is going up, we need to get our money's worth from the police, if we all report all crimes they will have to do something, the next time i see Greg Pope I will tackle him about a few things in this town !
markinaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 21:09   #30
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

The Police like to say crime is on its way down. I think not enough crime is reported, that is why figures are down. I agree MArk, we should report everything. Lets get the crime figures meaningfull and then see what the Police do about it.
I am sat here waiting for the Police to call me again about some vandelism we are having in my area. This is the third time in a week I have spoke to them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..