Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2006, 20:40   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: I'm worth £20,000

Just saw one at the gym tonight, think was RJK 1 ... was on this dreamy Bentley Coupe ... now that's class ... couldn't sort out which guy on the treadmill it belonged to though
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2006, 20:54   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta
As you might guess, I would like JUN1E. It would have looked really good on the MR2 I had back in the eighties.

How I loved that car!
I went out today to find the biggest bird poo down the side of mine (after washing it the day before ). Well, the previous owner did say it was a 'Bird magnet'
Col.Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 21:27   #33
Resident Waffler

We don't need a personalised number plate. We've got a personalised caravan.

It's a "Coachman Genius" - now despite his name on AccyWeb Busman is a coach driver so you can guess which half of the name applies to me.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 22:24   #34
Senior Member+

Mine was white, T - bar with black leather interior. I bought her, brand new, on the first of August, 1988 but had to give her up a couple of years later as the insurance groups changed and the payments were beyond me. Poor Jennifer!

Sorry to wander.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 22:39   #35

Mine's an '88 T-Bar too, you can see a picture of it in photo comp 7:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...3/limit/recent

hope it brings back some good memories!
Col.Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 22:44   #36
Senior Member+

Yes, I've seen it and recognised the model. A Spanish chap in our village has one just like it. I glare at him everytime I see him! Seriously, wonderful car, enjoy it x

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 22:53   #37
God Member

All our vans have personalised registration plates.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2006, 07:41   #38
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: I'm worth £20,000

It’s an age thing West Ender. I can still remember the number of my first and only motorbike.

RPL 481 - a 1952 Triumph Thunderbird (650 cc of snarling power) not that I had it in that year. My ownership came seven years later.

I know I had breakfast this morning because I can see the dish in the sink but I’m blowed if I can remember which cereal it was without inspecting the miniscule remnants. Imagine my problem tomorrow when I try to remember what to have for breakfast. Did I put today’s cereal packet to the back of the stack? Aaaaarrrrggghhh!
Old 31-07-2006, 18:20   #39

I'm just waiting for the paperwork to come through for my new personalised plate. Its coming off another car so its taking a while. Nothing fancy but plenty sentimental value for me. Personnally one of my pet hates is people who move the spacing on number plates or use numbers to look like letters lo make words. It really gets on my wick! the ammount you see driving round accy isunbelievable! I think its about time police started handing out hefty fines and points for it.

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 18:40   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGY
I'm just waiting for the paperwork to come through for my new personalised plate. Its coming off another car so its taking a while. Nothing fancy but plenty sentimental value for me. Personnally one of my pet hates is people who move the spacing on number plates or use numbers to look like letters lo make words. It really gets on my wick! the ammount you see driving round accy isunbelievable! I think its about time police started handing out hefty fines and points for it.
Takes up to 4 week from when they receive it at Swansea and not when you take it to a DVLA office like Preston, if you do go to an office they do their bit then the rest is done at Swansea, i've just gone through this process and total time was 3 and half week from going to preston to getting V5 back

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 19:01   #41

in australia we have personalised plates if people want them...but they know how to charge for them.........hmmmmmm.....wonder if TBS 1 is free.......
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2006, 21:51   #42
Resting in peace

Camra mighnt be interested Gayle.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..