Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2006, 13:03   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: A drop more Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
My car isn’t going anywhere to day either, I planted a couple of these last night along with some tins of John Smiths. Just been out to pick a couple……..wow, super chilled, absolutely beautiful although the John Smiths taste a bit Smokey…
Why are you having to pee in bottles?
Is the outdoor long drop lav frozen up?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2006, 13:11   #32
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Why are you having to pee in bottles?
Is the outdoor long drop lav frozen up?
Listen, if I could pee stuff this good I’d make a bloody fortune.

Now then, when ever did a long drop ever freeze over, I do recall have a frozen bum from sitting on the old wooden bench seat......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 13:14   #33
white rabbits

my son has just been with his dog.. sam was like a little puppy...he couldent understand it at all ,he loves it...
Old 12-03-2006, 13:14   #34
Senior Member+

Well its still snowing in baxenden, it's that fine horrible stuff thats drifting everywhere. Hope it rains soon or we'll never get off the estate in the morning.

Snows nice to look at but thats about it.

Please please please rain soon.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 14:15   #35

azy in glasgow, i drove up last night and got here at half ten, not a flake! got up at 5 to go to the airport and everything was covered! managed to get to the airport to find it closed.. wonderfull day so far, i should have flown at 9 this morning and i'm still sat here waiting for something to happen.. nothings taken off or landed so far today.. Its all good fun!!!! oh i forgot to mention i'm on double time lovin it!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 14:18   #36
Full Member+

Talking Re: A drop more Snow

Just got back from the Coppice. On the top the wind is howling and drifting the snow horizontilly and it was actually quite painful. Driving conditions on the bypass, passable but unpleasant. Absolutly noone on Highams, not a soul. Have all the kids moved out of that area then?
Old 12-03-2006, 14:32   #37
Roy
Administrator

Nice one wingy, thats gonna seriously effect your tight schedule for this week!! I hope its all cleared up by the time I get to the airport tomorrow
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 15:04   #38
God Member

Roy how much did they pay you to bring the snow over?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 08:07   #39
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

What can I say...... Yesterday's journey to work was horrendous. I spent my journey to the M65 cursing the powers that be for not sorting out the roads sufficiently in Accy. The M65 was one lane and going at about 30mph. I thought Accy was bad until I exited at Shadsworth. Haslingden road was shocking.... The main route to the hospital had not been cleared and was a pain in the neck to drive on. The hospital car park had drifts everywhere...
Coming home was better, the worst bit was still Haslingden Rd, the motorway was wet but clear, my street still had drifts here and there, but I didn't care by then, I was home...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 08:26   #40
Resident Waffler

The roads up here seem nice and clear this morning but the pavements are awful with the wetness having frozen overnight but now a wet layer on top of the frozen on top of the trampled snow makes a very slippery multilayered surface.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 09:15   #41
Senior Member+

We got a little bit here in preston yesterday! and now its ALL gone.
Old 13-03-2006, 15:02   #42
Roy
Administrator

Well I'm now stuck at Heathrow due to 'adverse weather conditions' - a bit of snow and this country just can't cope. Wouldn't be so bad but the beer is darned expensive down here! I must add that manchester airport was fine and organized this morning, so well done to them, they managed something the southerners couldn't.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 15:08   #43
white rabbits

not a bit of snow here now... but its forecast for tonight
Old 13-03-2006, 15:11   #44
Resting in Peace

Sorry Roy there is no snow here ..........................in the stag hehe
by the way the price is ok too
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2006, 16:12   #45
God Member

They are collecting the snow down south to water their gardens with.
Any excess will be lobbed in the nearest ressie to try and fill it up due to a shortage of rain.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..