Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2006, 22:23   #16

Re: What would you do without internet/accyweb

I had to go 10 days without internet or cable tv a few years ago and I still have nightmares about it...
sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-07-2006, 00:00   #17
Senior Member+

It could be happening to me anytime soon!! Telefonica, Spain's answer to British Telecom, cut off my phoneline this afternoon. For some strange reason I still have the internet.

We haven't had a bill for over six months but my direct debit serves, or did. They have taken out July's payment but not June's so kaput. It appears that they can't or won't re-apply for the debit.

I've been told to visit another bank who will pay it for me but having no bill it's a dead loss and this bank has a policy for bill paying. From the 10th until the 20th each month and before ten o'clock!

I'm doomed but hopefully, we won't lose the leccy and my computer will stay connected! You all know why if I go on the missing list!

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2006, 00:52   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

in answer to the question = CRACK UP i think. june i had a similar problem with servillana they cut me off after much arguing twoing and frowing it was the bank who had cocked up - some dummy had put a wrong account number or summat,so double check with the bank they are buggars (banco popular) is mine.
Old 27-07-2006, 01:42   #19
Senior Member+

I'm with La Caixa. Useless shower. I'm off to have a moan in the morning but I expect I'll get lots of shrugged shoulders and they will blame Telefonica.

It doesn't bother me not having the phone line but no internet is like having my arms chopped off!

Keep your finger's crossed x

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2006, 12:17   #20
Senior Member+

Oh dear erm i would actually cook for my children instead of just throwing them a can of tuna every now and then, i may clean my pig sty! i may actually watch the big square box in the front room i may even get a life but for now im happy dealing with the goings on in the internet world. lol
Old 27-07-2006, 13:14   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO
Oh dear erm i would actually cook for my children instead of just throwing them a can of tuna every now and then, i may clean my pig sty! i may actually watch the big square box in the front room i may even get a life but for now im happy dealing with the goings on in the internet world. lol
Just admit that you are hooked.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2006, 14:51   #22
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: What would you do without internet/accyweb

If I didn’t have the Internet, hopefully I would still have my computer.

If I didn’t have that then I think that I would start a campaign for voluntary euthanasia and be the first customer. Maybe not! That’s a bit too drastic.

I would spend my Internet fees on getting Sky or cable and watch football, cricket, ice hockey and films. I might read the odd book and I would eat properly instead of making do with a butt or a bowl of soup and endless brews.
Old 29-07-2006, 06:54   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonsmum
We've got internet access back at last

I have to say i've really missed my daily fix of accyweb and other sites i visit.
YOU visit other sites
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 07:43   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
YOU visit other sites
That is disgracefull of her. BAN HER MICK
Old 29-07-2006, 09:07   #25
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: What would you do without internet/accyweb

Oh heck! I’m a mod on another forum, I surf around earning money and I look in on other forums as well.

Does that mean …..

No! No! anything but that!

Slinks off to get some breakfast.
Old 29-07-2006, 16:10   #26
God Member

if nobody on here went on other forums you wouldn't get a lot of the threads you do.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 16:24   #27

Although i don't often have time to join in with threads too much these days i'm still here lurking an the background, and really would be stuck without the net. When you work abroad and travel as much as I ( and others on here) do, it becomes a bit of a lifeline. Once upon a time it was a bonus to get access when working away and now its almost normal. Long live the internet!!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 19:24   #28
God Member

Wingy you fitted it to the wheels yet?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 02:13   #29
Always EVIL within us

A couple of months back, I lost my internet connection for a couple of weeks. My first reaction was PANIC! but after a day or so, I ACTUALLY lost interest in the net

Willow was still on the net (same house, different computer yes, we are married ) but I never had the urge to go on to her computer, it was like I had switched off and found other things to do!

I cannot describe the feeling I got when my PC finally came on-line again Its MY SCREEN, MY SEAT, MY SPACE! I was back home with the Accyweb but the strange thing is that I survived and did not miss it for most of the time I was "off."

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..