Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2006, 16:32   #16
Yank in King Art's Court!

Re: More than 12m adults and one million children will be obese by 2010

Yeah, you guys are right, this is one of the many bad things "we" Americans have exported. The phrase I use for many Americans is "Fat, Dumb, and Happy." I mean by that (only in my opinion mind you):

- fairly lazy (forget what real hard work is all about),
- ill informed (head in the sand when dealing when many issues),
- Only act "happy" on the outside, living in their very large houses, with their fancy cars, many high-end clothes, and the shoes, all those shoes , (now I know American women are the only ones with the shoe fetish eh me English lasses!)

I myself keep quite fit by working much too hard (according to my wife and kids) around the homested and eating from all kinds of our home-grown fruits and veges. This life-style was inherited from my parents and my wifes parents!

Brian

American Born, British Bred!

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2006, 17:36   #17
Give, give, give member

Although obesity is a growing problem, and poses health issues for future generations, I don't particularly admire a government spending vast amounts of tax payers money telling us that if we eat to much we may get fat.

Nanny State here we go again.

A problem they seem all too keen to shy away from is the more concerning increase in people's alcohol consumption, especially amongst young people.

The odd warning about drink driving at Christmas is about as much guidance they can muster. I wonder if it is in any way connected to the powerful lobby groups employed by the drinks indusrty?

After all I've not heard of town centres being taken over by groups of young people eating Kit-Kats, or people being murdered by youths high on the fact that they had had too many sausage rolls.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2006, 20:09   #18
God Member

This weight milarky is a pain!! Some cant lose weight some cant gain it some keep it unhealthely low some unhealthely high. Me I just cant keep mine at any level as its up and down like a yoyo because I eat at odd hours curtousy of shift work. To me if you are comfortable with your weight and it aint doing any harm then sod it. Its alright going on aboute obesity but it can be genetic and run in families. I would rather see someone slightly overwieght and happy than underweight and trying to looses more and I dont just mean girls either as there are lads at it as well.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2006, 11:24   #19

too right spuggie if you cant accept yourself how can you believe that other people will
im about 30% over the bmi average for my height making me obese and i love my life
however people in government should not make the fast foods which cause these things so readily available to the youth
Old 29-08-2006, 01:39   #20
Senior Member+

How big do you have to be to be called obese? I have a snack at lunchtime and a main meal during the evening, I don't eat anything else all day but I'm slowly gaining weight. I put it down to early retirement and middle age spread!

Seriously, though, that bmi thingy says I'm 29, is that good or bad? I go ten-pin bowling twice a week, walk the dog and do the housework in this heat. What more can I do?

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 05:29   #21
God Member

Obese is a BMI over 30

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..