Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2006, 11:08   #1

Christmas Creep

Every year I see Christmas stuff in the shops earlier than the year before. Its now up on the shelves here, how soon is soon enough,and also to cash in on it twice we have what they call Christmas in July this is mainly for the Expats so they can enjoy their turkey while sitting round a log fire.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2006, 11:14   #2
God Member

Re: Christmas Creep

the weirdest thing has been seeing the advent calendars out for at least a month!!! Why do they need to be out so early, it's not like you need to save up to get one!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:22   #3
Resting in Peace

Well its only 76 days off Christmas hehe PANIC NOW ......!!
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:30   #4
God Member

Thanks mick.....PANIC!!!!!!!!! i was trying no to think about it yet lol
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:36   #5
Resident Waffler

I refuse to panic.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:47   #6
Senior Member+

I love the fact everything comes out mega early,it gets me all excited and means i can buy a bit at a time rather than get everything so close to christmas and be skint over the new year-as for present shopping i have got all of my Jacks presents(a whole wardrobe full so far-no doubt i will buy him more though) and thats all that matters.....everyone else can be content with last minute pound shop garbage haha.

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:56   #7
God Member

This reminds me of a dream I had the other night. It was 9:30pm christmas eve and I hadn't even bought 1 pressie, no wrapping paper and hadn't done any food shopping. PANIC!!!!!! God knows how it crept up on me like that, but it was a awful dream.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 14:45   #8

I remember when I was doing my Apprenticeship in Clitheroe, We finished work at lunch Christmas eve, then straight to the pubs. I remember being propped up at a bus stop for Gt Harwood with all my familys presents. I can't remember what I got my brother and dad, But my mum got a book on yoghurt
making, and my sister got a giant sized can of air spray, they have never let me forget it. I tell my mum I will get her yoghurt making volume 2 one day,and my sister some more airspray if the last tin runs out.
expat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 18:21   #9
I am Banned

shouldnt we realy get halloween and bomfire night out of teh way before preparing for xmas ?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 20:02   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
shouldnt we realy get halloween and bomfire night out of teh way before preparing for xmas ?
ooh im not coming round to yours for fireworks and spud pie if you have BOMfires(is it like a bomb fire but not quite as good?),il settle for a bonfire

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 22:56   #11
God Member

One Christmas Eve when i was still working i woke up at home at 3.30am with the telly blaring out all the lights on and thinking oh i'll go to the pub! I can remember some of my workmates ringing the bus depot up to tell em to stop the bus from leaving cos there was 4 of us catching the last bus from Rawtenstall and we were all legless and still in the pub but thats only half of the story!

Anyway i think xmas cards and wrapping paper shouldnt come out till November. Still time to post stuff abroad. Mind you ive still got xmas cards from last year - will use them up this year! Skinflint i hear you call but i ended up buying to many last year. I get paid on Friday so will probably start buying my xmas pressies then. I've got approx 20 to get so spread them out over the next couple of months.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 23:17   #12

oh my god, i've got nothing yet and so many to buy for. What shall I do?????
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 14:36   #13
white rabbits

Ive started already,,, but that dosent mean ,i will be any more organised this year...
Old 12-10-2006, 14:38   #14
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh
One Christmas Eve when i was still working i woke up at home at 3.30am with the telly blaring out all the lights on and thinking oh i'll go to the pub! I can remember some of my workmates ringing the bus depot up to tell em to stop the bus from leaving cos there was 4 of us catching the last bus from Rawtenstall and we were all legless and still in the pub but thats only half of the story!
OOOH COME ON!!!!!!!!!! tell us the rest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 12-10-2006, 15:12   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty
ooh im not coming round to yours for fireworks and spud pie if you have BOMfires(is it like a bomb fire but not quite as good?),il settle for a bonfire
Hehehehehehe you've definately got chav sussed
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..