Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2007, 11:05   #31

Re: Oprah's School for girls and a racist twerp

Sorry to stray from the thread but someone mentioned Bono (who I can't bloody stand) and it reminded me of a joke.

U2 are playing a concert in Dublin and halfway through Bono asks for quiet and stands by the microphone clapping his hands slowly. He says into the mic, "Everytime I clap my hands, a child dies in Africa!"

The deathly silence is broken by an Irish voice from the audience, "Stop foockin' doin' it then!"

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2007, 11:34   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
Sorry to stray from the thread but someone mentioned Bono (who I can't bloody stand) and it reminded me of a joke.

U2 are playing a concert in Dublin and halfway through Bono asks for quiet and stands by the microphone clapping his hands slowly. He says into the mic, "Everytime I clap my hands, a child dies in Africa!"

The deathly silence is broken by an Irish voice from the audience, "Stop foockin' doin' it then!"
Ok a bit of a wander but does show how bad things are when "celebs" have to open their gobs to get something done. Oprah is the latest in a long line of "celebs" trying to help starting with Geldof and Ure (ironic a Scot and an Irishman) in helping in Africa. This question is do they appreciate it?

Oprah went in with a vision and now its a battering ram used against her.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 13:47   #33
Foreign Correspondent

I admire what Oprah (and, for that matter, Bill Gates, Geldorf, etc.) are trying to do. While there is no doubt that we will find, for some celebs, that when all is said and done much more has been said than done, there are some folks who are devoting some significant money and time to making the world a little better.

Also, as one who is very actively involved in community service work, I have no problem with them publicizing what they are doing. Even these folks with megabucks can't do it alone. By making everyone aware of the problems they are trying to tackle, others will notice and get involved.

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..