Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2007, 21:00   #16

Re: Gay Parade For Accy

all the gays wud get battered

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2007, 21:09   #17
Resident Waffler

I can't see it attracting a lot of outside visitors to Accy but you never know. If this chap thinks there should be one why doesn't he get together a group of like minded individuals and try to organise something - maybe they could get a grant. If the council would let them do it then why not. I sort of got the feeling he was wanting somebody else to do it though.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 21:11   #18
I am Banned

can you imagine the hassle if the procession went down blackburn road

which minority would prevail ?

gays would say its their right to have the parade

muslim comunity would be outraged as from what i can gather homosexuality is severely frowned upon

ive often wondered what happens when two minority groups have a problem with each other as to who gets favoured

although the mulims could declare a jihad on the gays , the gays in retaliation could declare their clothes soooo last year and advise to accesorise

anyone want to help me fund a new reality show..

queer eye for the jihad guy

chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 21:22   #19
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
are'nt narrow minded bigots and would listen to both sides of an arguement/debate before casting judgement.
HELLO !!! personally I don't give a fig either way just so long as it's not a Black Parade.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 21:24   #20
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
muslim comunity would be outraged as from what i can gather homosexuality is severely frowned upon
A gay parade would upset the muslims ???
Sign me up now.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 21:26   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
A gay parade would upset the muslims ???
Sign me up now.
I like your way of thinking

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 22:16   #22
Senior Member+

Why not, I think it would work, then we could see who would be in it, why don't we make a list from Accy web, I'm 4000 miles away so I'll start obviously Rindy......maybe Chav, Bagpuss?...Jambutty (that would be funny)..

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 22:25   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
Why not, I think it would work, then we could see who would be in it, why don't we make a list from Accy web, I'm 4000 miles away so I'll start obviously Rindy......maybe Chav, Bagpuss?...Jambutty (that would be funny)..
Bazf,this is ACCY your talkin about! whilst the one down the road in manchester is a great sucess (so i,m told) as rindy says other citys have failed miserably to get one off the ground, you aint thinkin of flyin over eh?
Old 23-01-2007, 22:30   #24
Give, give, give member

Basically Pride festivals are just a p*ss up, and a chance to see crap pop bands.

In the past I've been to them, usually with a mixed group of friends, and they can be a real laugh. The last one I seemed to remember being of my t*ts, and dancing on a stage in the Lesbian tent all day and night.

However, I would be against tax payers money being used to fund it, just as I would be for any non-essential event.

In the past I've been on political marches, but have never felt the need to parade down the street, pigeon holing myself into any particular group.

Happily this government, and our MP, have helped right a lot of the legal and social inequalities that homosexuals and lesbians faced in the past.

I'm fine if people want to celebrate with a carnival, but the real reason these events were started for in the early '70s, is no longer relevant.

Time to leave the gheto mentality behind, and join the rest of society in just getting along, and living life.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2007, 22:33   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Bazf,this is ACCY your talkin about! whilst the one down the road in manchester is a great sucess (so i,m told) as rindy says other citys have failed miserably to get one off the ground, you aint thinkin of flyin over eh?
I am flying over in May to see my dad, so I could Watch a parade not join in. funny I only booked my tickets today, I am drooling at the thought of a decent pint.

Old 23-01-2007, 22:37   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I am flying over in May to see my dad, so I could Watch a parade not join in. funny I only booked my tickets today, I am drooling at the thought of a decent pint.
thats your story n your sticking to it?
Old 23-01-2007, 22:41   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats your story n your sticking to it?
I am and you can buy the first pint.

Old 23-01-2007, 23:20   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I am and you can buy the first pint.
no problem mate,be a pleasure.
Old 23-01-2007, 23:46   #29
I am Banned

Quote:
why don't we make a list from Accy web, I'm 4000 miles away so I'll start obviously.
no problem with you been first on the list mate infact it takes great courage to come out in public like you just have

well done and bravo

no disrespect to your self but i dont admire you that much that i would want to be in that list so the maybe is a no no

sory about your luck
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 08:21   #30
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

I'm fine if people want to celebrate with a carnival, but the real reason these events were started for in the early '70s, is no longer relevant.

Time to leave the gheto mentality behind, and join the rest of society in just getting along, and living life.
Well said Rindy

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..