Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2007, 16:31   #31
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: films that scared you

When I was about 10 or 11, my dad packed us off to bed early because he wanted to watch a film. He'd been going on about it all day and was determined not to miss it because of us messing around. I dutifully went to bed and feigned sleep for a little while before creeping out of the bedroom. I waited for my dad to go into the kitchen before creeping back into the living room and tucking myself behind the sofa.

The film was Psycho.... and I gave myself away during the shower scene when I screeched.... Needless to say, I was not in the good books. My dad let me watch the rest of the film and I was too frightened to sleep that night. My dad said that it was hard luck, and if I wanted to watch films that give me nightmares then I deserved a sleepless night.

To this day I have never watched Psycho again. I would probably not find it scary now, but I did back then..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2007, 22:23   #32
Senior Member+

White Noise i get scared of that kind of stuff because i know that the gorey stuffs not real but i dont know if the unknown is real so that kind of scares me!

And 13 Ghosts when daddiboo fell asleep and it was dark and i had to wake him up to put the light on.

And this film about the toothfairy that was so scary when daddiboo fell asleep in the dark and i had to ring my mummy because i was soo scared!! lol im sooo daft i have to watch but scared to death really.

If the scary film im watching scares me then it must be good because thats what it set out to do.

Films that are gorey dont bother me at all because that just wont happen and why do they always run upstairs im mean i would be straight out of the door not heading my way up the stairs!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 23:26   #33
Resting in peace

The Exorcist, when the priest flew out of the window, Scarface, when they cut a bloke up alive with a chainsaw in the bath, handcuffed to the shower rail.
Tongue in cheek, some old wedding 33mm films, that should have gone in the skip
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 23:57   #34
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Do you mean Soylent Green grannyclaret?

The only slightly scary bit in that was when it was discovered that the green biscuits were made out of dead people.
i think it was the boddies wrapped in polythene that scared me at the time,,i had a fear of plastic bags over the face,,,it was a long time ago.and probably if i saw it again it would seem very tame..
it was the same with the beast with five fingers,i was scared at the first time i saw it,then years later i saw it again and i cracked up laughing....
Old 04-02-2007, 00:26   #35
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
When I was about 10 or 11, my dad packed us off to bed early because he wanted to watch a film. He'd been going on about it all day and was determined not to miss it because of us messing around. I dutifully went to bed and feigned sleep for a little while before creeping out of the bedroom. I waited for my dad to go into the kitchen before creeping back into the living room and tucking myself behind the sofa.

The film was Psycho.... and I gave myself away during the shower scene when I screeched.... Needless to say, I was not in the good books. My dad let me watch the rest of the film and I was too frightened to sleep that night. My dad said that it was hard luck, and if I wanted to watch films that give me nightmares then I deserved a sleepless night.

To this day I have never watched Psycho again. I would probably not find it scary now, but I did back then..
Lettie, I bet you scared the bejesus out of him!

The problem with Jaws was it took place (the setting) about 30 miles from where we went to the beach most every weekend. It was pretty freeky and all but we all loved body-surfing to stay out.

As for Scarface Ian, I rather enjoy seeing all the bad guys knock each other off . . .BOO!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:14   #36
Accy Goddess

I don't find Horror films scarey, but when I was young Iron Side used to give me nightmares. I don't know why.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 14:19   #37
I am Banned

in jaws 1 where the guy pulls a tooth from a bit of a sunken boat that has been attacked by the shark and then a head pops out with its eye hanging out

that bit made me jump when i was a kid but i later found it usefull to make fun of somone i know with 1 eye
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 15:08   #38
God Member

i once saw a film with chav in it and it scared me to death, couldnt sleep for weeks,the nightmares where terrible, it still scares me just thinking about it
Old 04-02-2007, 15:19   #39
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i once saw a film with chav in it and it scared me to death, couldnt sleep for weeks,the nightmares where terrible, it still scares me just thinking about it

so u seen your mommas home videos then eh
Old 04-02-2007, 15:24   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
so u seen your mommas home videos then eh

that may be a little hard love she's been dead 16 years
Old 04-02-2007, 15:37   #41
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
that may be a little hard love she's been dead 16 years

thats what makes it a horror movie
Old 04-02-2007, 20:44   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
The Entity - that freaked me even worse watching it as a kid an all yes my mother was watching it during the day on tape

Nowadays sadly cant stomach horrors far too much like real life - thanks to actually experiencing the deadly & feeling the terror side of life

that film scared the hell out of me too,but i watched a similar one and i cant remember what its called,a family moved into a house and their parents moved in next door and they kept having polterguiest they went on a camping trip and it follwed them there,i think it had something to do with the young daughter ,does anyone know the name of the film please
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 21:06   #43
God Member

Dont get scared by films, Hammer House of Horror used to freak me out when I was younger and Tales of the Unexpected could be a bit creepy.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 21:11   #44
Senior Member+

the twilight zone used to scare me
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 13:39   #45
Resting in peace

Psycho does it for me every time - perhaps because it is believable - it could happen.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..