Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2007, 19:15   #1
Senior Member+

Sick of it

Today someone i know came round for a brew/chat.She asked me if i could make her and her daughter (2)something to eat because she had no money for food and nothing at all in the cupboards.fair enough-i dont mind helping people,shes a single mum like me and i know for a fact she doesnt get any maintenance money for her daughter.I was fine with all this until over our meal she started telling me how she had gone out last friday down Accy and saturday round Blackburn-on the lash.
So theres me feeding a little girl cos her mum didnt have a penny-but had enough to go drinking.
Its women like this that give people like me (as a single parent who is not working) a bad name.Im no angel-since i became single i go out as much as i can-IF all my bills are paid and Jack has everything he needs + a bit extra.
I felt like smacking her.
More than once.

Rant over.
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2007, 19:24   #2
I am Banned

Re: Sick of it

I'd of definatelty smacked her one!!! Definately people like her make my blood boil!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 19:27   #3

I think thats soooo wrong. If you have kids single or not you should always make sure they have what they need first. Totally agree misskitty
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 19:44   #4
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

that just reminds me of someone I know, they cry poverty all week then by some miracle, they have money to go out!!
they make me sick too!!!!
Old 14-02-2007, 19:46   #5
God Member

Did you tell her what you thought of her misskitty?
Old 14-02-2007, 19:47   #6

Shame on the mother for putting partying before her child. I'd hope you have the courage to tell her off.
SimonGudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 20:07   #7
Senior Member+

I couldn't I hint and tut at my mates whose parenting skills (IMO) leave a lot to be desired but i just cant tell them-i just boil inside.I have tried but i sound like im being one of those smug mums everyone hates at mum n toddler groups
Old 14-02-2007, 20:09   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
m no angel-since i became single i go out as much as i can-IF all my bills are paid and Jack has everything he needs + a bit extra.

Be careful you will be spoiling the perception of single parents
Old 14-02-2007, 20:10   #9
Resting in Peace

No Miss Kitty you are a first class mum ..... tell them to something off:
and put you and your little one first:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 20:11   #10
Senior Member+

i wish Dave-the amount of people that think im a Vicky Pollard of the world makes me sick....
I might look like her but i dont act like her-well not all the time LOL

Thanks magpie-believe me im not 1st class,i make mistakes like evry other parent but i try me best for the little get plus i would not tell her to something off cos that poor lil girl needing food.
Old 14-02-2007, 20:13   #11
God Member

Well she's just going to keep thinking she can take you for a ride if you don't say anything. Your on here complaining about her and she's probably the one with the smug look on her face because she's just took the proverbial p*** out of you.
Old 14-02-2007, 20:14   #12

She's a disgrace. If I was feeling particularly annoyed I would contact social services and let them know but I'm too nice.........Are you?
Old 14-02-2007, 20:15   #13
Senior Member+

I dont think it was like that-she doesnt think twice about what she does/asks for.shes no brains to think about the fact shes taking advantage.

Shady-shes been checked by SS twice now.i didnt make the complaints-i have a feeling i know who did though.
Old 14-02-2007, 20:20   #14

Sure nobody likes smugness, but I often give friends what for because I know I'm right and when it's the truth there's no come backs. Also it's for their own good and I wouldn't be a friend if I let them get away with crap behaviour.

Better than boiling it up. Ignorance ain't always bliss and are you may find yourself in the same situation.
SimonGudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 20:22   #15

A third check wouldn't go amiss, surely someone who'll have as much drink as she obviously had without thought for her little one and if it has enough (or anything) to eat is not, in my book, a suitable mother.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..