Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 23:47   #91
God Member

Re: Are there too many taxi's in accrington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Am i hearing this right do you mean The council employ people to monitor this Accy web site.
employ is a strong word to use..

if i report somthing worthy PB mows my lawn

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-09-2009, 23:51   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
spot on.. and so what are people complianing about when they turn up in Spain and the driver don't speak English... it's all uneven..I don't get up Accy to often but the drivers I've had do speak English..now if they don't know the way to where you want to go it can be a problem.. but that has been a problem since taxis started.
Same her if and when I use taxis (which is very rare these days) I make sure the firm I use have drivers who speak and understand English. But only the other month we had a thread raised where a taxi driver from Burnley stopped a member in Clayton asking for directions back to Burnley. Which can only lead me to believe that said driver wasn't the holder of the licence. We need to be able to feel safe when we get in a taxi and if the driver doesn't speak English as their first language that is highly unlikely
Old 04-09-2009, 23:56   #93
God Member

sod understanding english , most of teh taxis in accy could do with learing what a M.O.T is or at least read a book on how to change a headlight bulb in their chosen language

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 04-09-2009, 23:59   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Am i hearing this right do you mean The council employ people to monitor this Accy web site.
Yes you are reading the post correctly - monitoring the posts on Accyweb is part of someone's job.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 00:03   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Yes you are reading the post correctly - monitoring the posts on Accyweb is part of someone's job.

if i got caught surfing the net at work i would try saying its part of my job too lol

Old 05-09-2009, 00:06   #96
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Part of someone job, not all

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 00:08   #97
Caz
God Member

If they employedsomeone just to check Accyweb as TD thought, then I want that job!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 00:11   #98
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
The Council employ people to monitor this site btw.

That makes us all feel so much better.

We can sleep soundly now we know our taxes are being spent wisely.

After all there's nothing else the council could possibly do for us, to make Hyndburn any more perfect than it is all ready.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 00:25   #99
God Member

do us a favour Garinda..you are the one that has the mind set to recall everything posted on this site and choose when to use that info..I doubt any council would be stupid enough to employ someone to monitor the local website.. but if they happened to be that stupid you would be the prime candidate to employ.. you are a grass.. but then there are people that have gone through life grassing people up and getting away with it... it's a fact of life.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 00:25   #100
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Strange they should do that, when the majority of (Conservative) councillors don't want to use this local forum, but they do want it monitored.

Old 05-09-2009, 00:27   #101
God Member

Grass
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 00:29   #102
Give, give, give member

Quote:
do us a favour Garinda..you are the one that has the mind set to recall everything posted on this site and choose when to use that info..I doubt any council would be stupid enough to employ someone to monitor the local website.. but if they happened to be that stupid you would be the prime candidate to employ.. you are a grass.. but then there are people that have gone through life grassing people up and getting away with it... it's a fact of life.
Oh dear.

Did that bitter pill get stuck when you were trying to swallow it?

Old 05-09-2009, 00:34   #103
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Grass
grass (Noun)

Brit & Austral slang a person who informs, usually on criminals

I'd hope most people would, though besides reporting someone for using the artwork of a friend on their website, I'd love to see any evidence you could provide to back up your claim.

Old 05-09-2009, 00:38   #104
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Grass

It could be that, or it could be the alcohol, that produces your psychotic episodes.

Old 05-09-2009, 00:49   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
grass (Noun)

Brit & Austral slang a person who informs, usually on criminals

I'd hope most people would, though besides reporting someone for using the artwork of a friend on their website, I'd love to see any evidence you could provide to back up your claim.
i dont regard that as grassing, a grass usually is secretive n does it fer there own benefit, that was just tipping a mate the wink. IMHO.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..