Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 12:28   #16
Resting in peace

Re: Italian Facist Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
was me Ianto.. forgot to sign
Thank's Mancie, will see you right when it lets me, getting a bit livelier now this thread regards. Ian.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2007, 12:55   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Turn away.back off?.. if you are cowering on your hands and knees you are not showing aggression.. yet it is clear the Police are heavily beating people who are curled and the people who are trying to drag them out of the trouble... it is the police beating up the innocent who's only crime is watching a football game.
Only just spotted your thread mate.The scenes on the terraces the other night were totally out of order.Where were the police on the Roma's side of the glass partition?And that woman who was speaking to an officer and then they just decided to baton her hubby who was just stood there with his arm around her.
Then there is the question of where was the protection for the supporters that got stabbed outside the ground?Up until recently this was one of the stadiums that was closed due to the recent domestic violence in Italian football.
Old 07-04-2007, 19:06   #18
Riq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby View Post
Apparently had something to do with a cop getting hurt or killed at a football match now the cops are frightened
And I agree there actions were a disgrace the police that is
That was a while back, was a local derby, a police officer called Filippo Raciti was killed. Was a match between Catania and Palermo so you can understand why they would be worried.

I think Italian police and the Spanish to an extent are possibly 10-15 years behind us in terms of stadium security/policing, they don't even have stewards there, the soft policing option rather than riot police.
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 19:17   #19
God Member

Certainly looked like the police were in the wrong, there would've been uproar had that been British police against Italian fans.
Old 07-04-2007, 19:20   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
As an ex business customer of 'Eric,' I have an open invitation to go and watch Stanley anytime I like. I am in fact a Blackburn Rovers 'supporter' and yes I do pay for the privelige, although for reasons that shall stay with myself I am unable to attend matches, so I buy a season ticket for my grandson. As none of my grandchildren follow Accrington Stanley I do not contribute to them, I hope that answers your question Bazf.
No!!!!!

Quote:
Football supporters or fans macie that support or are fans of any other club than their home town club, are not fans or suppoters in the spirit of the game. They are pureley and simply 'success followers' Man U, Liverpool, etc etc I could go on all night and maybe include the tribal factions of Celtic and Rangers. Any football fan/supporter should first and foremost support his/her home team, not a club 25 miles down the road, money going to Man-U will not benefit this area only Manchester. So the moral to this tale is support your local side and if success comes their way money will come to Accrington
So you are going to Blackburn yet your profile says Accrington.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 19:50   #21
God Member

The treatment the United fans got was diabolical.
The police neanderthals resonsible should have their helments, batons & armour taken away and be thrown into Mosside!

Tottenham idiots didn't help United's case unfortunately
Trust bloody cockneys.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 22:02   #22
Resting in peace

Quote:
Bazf, So you are going to Blackburn yet your profile says Accrington.
I have no wish to cross swords with you my friend, but please read my post in depth before you respond to them.
Quote:
Bazf, I am in fact a Blackburn Rovers 'supporter' and yes I do pay for the privelige, although for reasons that shall stay with myself I am unable to attend matches.
Now you tell me how to answer your post's.
Old 08-04-2007, 00:24   #23
Senior Member+

you said that Football supporters or fans macie that support or are fans of any other club than their home town club, are not fans or suppoters in the spirit of the game.
You are from Accrington and you support Blackburn, now when I was growing up Accrington was different to Blackburn. As an ex business customer of "Eric", maybe he would be able to explain where the boundries of the two towns are.

Old 08-04-2007, 00:28   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
you said that Football supporters or fans macie that support or are fans of any other club than their home town club, are not fans or suppoters in the spirit of the game.
Sorry to pull you up mate but mancie didn't say that it was Ianto.W Like I said sorry to pull you up
Old 08-04-2007, 00:30   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
Sorry to pull you up mate but mancie didn't say that it was Ianto.W Like I said sorry to pull you up
I was replying to Ianto.

Old 08-04-2007, 00:32   #26
Senior Member+

Sorry mate you said macie which i thought you meant mancie
Old 08-04-2007, 00:37   #27
Senior Member+

If you read his quote he is the one who mentions mancie. I just put his quote in.

Old 08-04-2007, 13:51   #28
Resting in peace

Now now gentlemen.
Quote:
mthead, Sorry mate you said macie which i thought you meant mancie
Lets not get over excited over a trivial mistake of mine, it's a habit that accompanies old age.
Quote:
Bazf, Sorry mate you said macie which i thought you meant mancie
Or I shall have to send for the Italian Police force.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:07   #29
Senior Member+

i was working today in manchester in a major hotel and it was shocking at the state the italian fans were coming back in.

one italian fan said he left the stadium at half time and was walkin back and ppl were hiding behind trees etc ready to ambush him. they took his watch, passport, wallet etc and outnumbered him 10/1 he came back all bloody and bruised after being chased for some time.

it wasnt just the roma fans that were coming back - we had one irish couple who went to see the game with their young son and he'd seen all the fighting and was in a real bad state of shock.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:57   #30

My youngest son and his wife were at the match. He did say that there were about 30 or so United fans who were taunting the home side fans before the match had started. We know that this is acceptable in England but many of the countries on the continent do not share our sense of humour and do not understand our pi$$ taking. They were also taunting the police when they appeared on the scene. However, he said the police grossly over-reacted and were indiscriminately beating bystanders with their batons. Quite frankly, I would not travel to the continent to watch a game because it just isn't worth the risk. I think he was a damn fool for taking his wife, it's hard enough trying to avoid trouble when you only have yourself to think about. This is a very sad state of affairs and I know in my heart that we should not let the stupid few ruin everything for the majority, but it just isn't worth it.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..