Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 21:15   #1

Cctv???????

Just watched that program on bbc1 at 9pm about cctv, it was saying that britain is the most watched country in the world!. What do you think about cctv? I was shocked to see how much we were being watched. Is it a good thing are do you think we are being watched to much!! My own personal opinion is that we are watched to much!

sooner or later they a probably going to watch us in our own homes if they don,t already

BEWARE BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!!!
lillypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2007, 21:30   #2
God Member

Re: Cctv???????

This doesn't bother me. I don't break the law therefor I don't care if they watch me. Actually I think I would feel safer walking on my own knowing the cctv are watching me than being alone out there. Maybe it will deter the criminals of this country too.....although I doubt that, they don't seem to give a toss.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 21:42   #3
God Member

I have it all round me at work and you get used to it. As slinks says if you are doing nothing wrong you should have no fear. They could pick up footage of a serious crime and help convict the perp. There will be cameras everywere soon and not were you expect them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 23:20   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

watched it meself n agree with slinks, dont bother me, not convinced it deters scumbags, but it can sure as hell be effective in detecting some.
Old 08-05-2007, 23:23   #5
Senior Member+

Same here don't have a problem with it,if you do nowt wrong whats the problem?
Old 08-05-2007, 23:24   #6
Give, give, give member

I bet they wish they have as much CCTV in Portugal, as we do here.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:30   #7

cctv is a good thing only problem is cps wont use it as evedince if it is not full facial .it also as to be top quality picture even if you can tell who the person is.i had a incident outside pub caught on cctv even the police women new who it was on the recording but cps would not prosecute.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:28   #8
Give, give, give member

An hour after the programme about CCTV, there was a programme on ITV about how publishing photographs in the press, taken from close circuit tv, allowed the police to capture David Coleman, the London nail bomber.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:35   #9
Resting in Peace

You think that was bad,i once went with Roy and Less to a Data centre in Manchester as Roy was thinking of moving his servers there and we went for a look round and they has CCTV every 3 feet inside and out in one Data room where the servers where there was 24 cameras in a room .
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:31   #10

hello there , well i my self think its a good thing because to have cctv about in the right place,s they use,t to be a lot of fighting and window,s getting broken but they have put cctv were i live and things as gone quite a bit now but for how long god only knowe,s
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:31   #11

CCTV can also prove your innocence as well, I'm all for it. However it didn't stop the little gits smash up the crib in ossy at xmas and that was just 50 feet away.
firefighter753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 16:57   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
cctv is a good thing only problem is cps wont use it as evedince if it is not full facial .it also as to be top quality picture even if you can tell who the person is.i had a incident outside pub caught on cctv even the police women new who it was on the recording but cps would not prosecute.
a company I once worked for caught a guy on CCTV shoplifting, they knew the guy and knew he was 'dangerous' so did not approach him. Although 6 people watched him pick up a petrol saw (worth £600) and walk out with it, although the camera clearly showed him and clearly showed him go to the door - it didn't show him go through the door.

The poilice didn't even talk to him.
Old 09-05-2007, 17:13   #13

I for one think there should be more CCTV cameras and also a vehicle check system in all places like the one in London. Amazing thing!

If your not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. You even have to have a good reason to watch someone these days so if they watch you, they better come up with a good explanation as to why otherwise they can end up in prison.

I work with CCTV myself, and the Data Protection and Privacy Law you need to learn for one is bad enough..... You have to make a note of all camera movements and faults and people your watching and why... But that's public space CCTV, in a store or private property it's different.
Old 09-05-2007, 17:16   #14
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

watched that program last night, loved the one with the speakers so you can tell the public off!!

i would love to do that job, id be a right sarky cow
Old 09-05-2007, 19:27   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
watched that program last night, loved the one with the speakers so you can tell the public off!!

i would love to do that job, id be a right sarky cow
We have cctv AND the speakers outside work....ooo what fun has been had with that

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..