Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2007, 10:30   #1
God Member

Accy Red isn't AccyRed

Just so people don't get mixed up.. Accy Red who has been posting some disgusting language of late is not AccyRed a long standing femal member of these forums.. people are getting confused and thinking my missus has been swearing like a trooper. She doesn't even swear in real life let alone on here. Having had at least one PM thinking they are the same.. goodness knows how many posters think they are..

Something should be done to stop names being so samey (cant spell simmilar)
Old 14-08-2007, 10:43   #2

Re: Accy Red isn't AccyRed

Oh.............
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 10:54   #3
Give, give, give member

I realised it wasn't your good lady wife, but agree that it's unfotunate the mame's nearly the same.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 11:00   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

theres an easy answer to that mate, i wouldn't be best pleased if my missus was getting the credit for that.
Old 14-08-2007, 11:34   #5
Senior Member+

why cant moderators
just challenge accy red and tell them
the name is not acceptable
not to mention the language ?

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 11:43   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
Just so people don't get mixed up.. Accy Red who has been posting some disgusting language of late is not AccyRed a long standing femal member of these forums.. people are getting confused and thinking my missus has been swearing like a trooper. She doesn't even swear in real life let alone on here. Having had at least one PM thinking they are the same.. goodness knows how many posters think they are..

Something should be done to stop names being so samey (cant spell simmilar)
I am surprised they got to use that name, tried to join as Bernie but I couldn't. Why not see if you can do something about it? I wouldn't like to think that people were getting me confused with someone who is so obviously nothing like me
Old 14-08-2007, 11:48   #7
God Member

She emailed in charge people at the time (sometime last yr) you can see the outcome. she left it at that as no harm being done.. Now she isn't too happy as you can imagine.. Some of the stuff thats been edited or deleted was well OTT

As far as I know only Roy can change names and over the last year he hasn't exactly been about much.... Thats NOT a dig ok?
Old 14-08-2007, 11:50   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
She emailed in charge people at the time (sometime last yr) you can see the outcome. she left it at that as no harm being done.. Now she isn't too happy as you can imagine.. Some of the stuff thats been edited or deleted was well OTT
Then it is up to the moderators to get it sorted
Old 14-08-2007, 12:55   #9
Senior Member+

She shouldn't have to change her name on here. Why hasn't Accy Red been banned. Isn't persistant bad language a banning offence?
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 13:19   #10
God Member

I have noticed his bad language too - almost reported his posts - but he wasn't swearing AT people - he was using foul language as part of his narrative, as some COARSE people do - so I didn't report his posts in case I got labelled a prude. I haven't seen posts by the original lady AccyRed (perhaps she uses the football threads mostly - where I rarely venture)- but now that the possibilities of misindentification have been shown,
he should be given a warning about foul language and made to change his name.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 13:26   #11
God Member

I remember reading on here that if foul language was used then the post would be deleted .. hasnt this been the case ??
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 13:29   #12
I am Banned

It got me at 1st but then soon realised that Accyred aka Julie is a very nice lady, met her a few times, whereas the one with the SPACE inbetween errrr needs english lessons.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 13:32   #13
Yank in King Art's Court!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Kipax. I haven't seen, or at least noticed, either Accyred posts as of late. That is unfortunate that something like that didn't/couldn't get sorted straight up.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 13:43   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have noticed his bad language too - almost reported his posts - but he wasn't swearing AT people - he was using foul language as part of his narrative, as some COARSE people do - so I didn't report his posts in case I got labelled a prude. I haven't seen posts by the original lady AccyRed (perhaps she uses the football threads mostly - where I rarely venture)- but now that the possibilities of misindentification have been shown,
he should be given a warning about foul language and made to change his name.

I'm no prude, but have reported two of his posts.

This is a family site, and swearing and bad language is against forum rules, even if some letters are asterixed out, or separated by a space.

It's good to have new people posting, but the forum rules are there for a reason.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 14:57   #15
God Member

Its a shame that an innocent is being branded when its nothing to do with them. Up to the mods etc to fix it now if they can.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..